Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Gregg's Rant about the Tucson Hilton

I'm going to just blame Paris Hilton ... because I want to.

Here is the situation:

I'm in Tucson on business. I go to check into the hotel, give them my card, etc ... everything is fine.

Then I realized I gave them the wrong card. (I gave them my personal card (which is a check-card) and not my corporate card).

So I go back downstairs, give them the right card, let them know I'll be checking out Thursday instead of Friday and that's that.

Or so I thought ...

Okay, so the initial charge until Friday was $980. Then until Thursday was $760. That's $1740!!!!!

How do I know this??? Because they charged MY card (not my corporate) for both. Then they charged my corporate the $760.

So I go downstairs to try and fix this. The guy then says it will take 2 to 3 days for the "Authorized Funds" (he called it) to go back into my account. Unacceptable.

I said it if it's just an "Authorizatoin" then why is it no-longer available and why will it take 3 days to go back into my account??? I kept saying they "Charged" me but the idiot behind the desk says it was just an "Authoriztion". After going back and forth about 5 times between "Authorization" and "Charge" I finally told the guy ... "Stop correcting me, I'm mad enough already".

So anyway ... call BofA ... explain the situation ... the regular guy says it would take 2 to 3 days ... again, unacceptable. I'm in Tucson, my family is in CA ... that's OUR account and we need $$. HELLO!!!!!!!!

So I talk to the Supervisor and she ASSURED me it would be back in at Midnight tonight.

Moral of the story ... don't stay at the Tucson Hilton. EVER!!!

I'm so upset I've thought about changing hotels ... but I don't feel like getting charged ... AGAIN.

They could have at least given me a free movie to watch on the puny 19" TV they have in here.

Ugh.

Sorry for the rant ... but I feel better now.

PS - If the $$ isn't back tomorrow morning expect a bigger rant.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Re: Gregg's Rant about the Tucson Hilton

It wasnt a very pleasant thing to see that $1700 was out of our account and I didnt go shopping or spend any of that money!
    That money better be in there or they will have to deal with me when I get there tomorrow.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

That is so frustrating!!! I'm sorry that happened to you and I agree you so totally should've gotten at least a movie, damn that Paris Hilton!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Sorry to hear about that esp since it is your fam's account!

• Senior Minion

Sorry to see this happen at the most inappropriate time. Hope it works out for you tomorrow.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Circle of Ancients

Update, everything was fine this morning.

No more rants as Kristi will be here in just under 4 hours!!!

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Update, everything was fine this morning.

No more rants as Kristi will be here in just under 4 hours!!!

Glad all is well now have fun with Kristi

• That Guy

That sucks bubba.

I have seen signs at tons of hotels warning against using a debit card for the hotel misc. charges. It takes ten years for them to drop the 'hold' on the funds, which sucks asss. I always use my credit card, or I try and barter and give them my three best chickens as collateral.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

i hope you took Lysol with you, just in case Paris has even come close to that place!

• That Guy

A body condom may be a better choice.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Next time, consider the Tucson Marriott. Mrs. Steamboatpete and I took the girls to Tucson last year for a football game and we enjoyed a very pleasant three day stay there. It's right at the edge of U of A. Not quite near the business district, if that's what you were there for, but very nice service, good rooms, decent food.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

• This $pace for $ale

can't blame the hotel...per se.

I work for Enterprise RAC, when people use a debit card, the money automatically is taken from their account if we do it as an autho or a sale immediatley. When the money is refunded it is done on our side instantly, but it takes merchanct services 2-20 business days (depending on your bank) for the money to go back in. Sometimes it can be sped up if the merchant/customer/bank converse on the phone 3 way, the money can be released (most of the time) w/ in 24 hours.

With a regular credit card, all it does is an autho to see if you have that limit available on your cc, and freezes that said amount so it can be used against your charges.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

^We have NEVER though had this happen in all the hotels we have stayed at. We have stayed at Hiltons in the past too.

Oh well, it is all fine now and I am here. I have rants about Southwest, but that is another day.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Just Me

At least Enerprise tells you up front that a $200 hold will be placed on your card. (I love Enterprise, will never use anyone else.)

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Glad to hear that everything worked out for you. But still, that is sooo frustrating.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast