Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aloha

• Banned User

Aloha

Aloha everyone! I'm in Hawaii... Staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach.

Do any Mice Chatters live in Hawaii? Or even been?

And it's better here than the Polynesian, though I miss the theme park across the lagoon... LOL

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    Hey Bill. I stayed there 3 years ago when I went on a nice vacation with my than boyfriend now hubby. Loved the hotel- thought it was real nice! Just did not like the rocky beach. Take thr trolley to the animal life park if you like zoos/aqariums. It was a nice day.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Oh man, I wish I was in Hawai'i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I've been once, but I was pregnant.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• e komo mai

Aloha back!
    I'm an island boy. I was born in Kaneohe, O'ahu, Hawai'i. I lived there for 18 years before moving to California. I'm 1/4 Hawaiian.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Oh, cool!!! I stayed at that very place back in '91 on my highschool senior trip. (We did that instead of Grad Night.) If they still have it, be sure to check out the Paradise Cove Luau - it was a TOTAL blast. Also, the Polynesian Cultural Center is a must see.

Have fun!

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    Oh Cool Disneyphile. i went to the Paradise Cove Luau also and had a great time! Hated Poi but it was a great time
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess
    Hated Poi but it was a great time
    I love poi. I grew up on it. Ate it more than potatoes...

• Banned User

The purple color scares me... LOL

And rocky beach? Are you sure you're not thinking of the Outrigger Reef? The Waikiki isn't rocky at all... heh heh.

And the Polynesian Cultural Center has turned into a Disneyland type experience... they even use the same signs about inspecting bags prior to entry... it's great. LOL

They also have a waterpark now... Hawaiian Waters. I might have to go. LOL

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    I went to Oahu about two spring breaks ago. I really enjoyed it, even though I'm not much of a beach person. I loved walking up and down looking in the stores up and down waikiki, even though I really couldnt afford to buy anything. If I remember correctly there is a store that cells animation frames from Disney, I bought Nightmare Before Christmas post card there.

You gotta go to Tiki's and get a lava flow, good stuff.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

My mom was born in Hawai'i, actually on a military base on Oahu, and loves it there so much. I have been, but not for SOOO long! I want to go back so bad and I am trying to convince my husband that being on an island is not as scary as he thinks it would be.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Banned User

Oh how I love Hawai'i! It was there, at Germaine's Luau (which I recommend above all others) that Steph and I fell in love with the Aloha spirit and decided to have our own luau (complete with hula and fire knife dancers, and enough kalua pork to feed an army!) for our wedding this coming August. For both of us Hawai'i felt so magical and "right." Our next goal after the wedding is to put away nine months worth of living costs and giving it our best shot at sinking roots in there. :crosses fingers:

Enjoy your stay! I'm so envious!

• I found my Prince!

ooh i got to go last summer it was so great! I also did the Paradise Cove and I loved it(open bar woo-hoo) Lava Flows Rule!

Also I loved snorkling in the bay!

• Minion

Aloha Bill! My family is from Hawaii (Island of Oahu and Maui) as I'm the first born mainlander or Haole as they say it there. We went there last and stayed at my cousin's house in Mililani Moaku and did the touristy thing and stayed at the Marriott Waikiki and loved it. We had a view of both the beach and Diamond Head. I spent lots of money at the International Marketplace and got my kids t-shirts at the Hard Rock Honolulu.

Have you gone to the North Shore and have your shaved ice yet?

• Uber Disney freak! ºOº

I spent a few months on Oahu in early '96. LOVED it, especially hanging out at the North Shore all day long. Man, that was a wonderful place. And, I may be ready to visit again once my brother has left the island in another year and a half - ain't big enough for the two of us! lol
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• 28:06:42:12

oooh, I LOVE Hawai'i...just not enough to live there (the cost of food and gas in CA is high enough for me, thanks). My best friend from college, however, now lives on O'ahu (funnily enough, in Kaneohe!) and I visit about once every 2-3 years. Favorite place is Hanalei, in Kaua'i. We got some really great shave ice on Kaua'i at this little green shack somewhere outside of...Koloa, I think. Kaua'i has been my favorite island of the 3 I've visited (Hawai'i, O'ahu, Kaua'i...yes, I insist on the Hawaiian spellings and pronunciations!), but Maui is definitely next on the list. I'm saving that one to go with my boyfriend, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast