Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

OMG- what have I done, vacations run amok!

Ok- so as many of you know I spent 5 days at WDW- fancy hotel. Swimming pool....luxury.
    I just got back from Vegas- fancy hotel, swimming pool, luxury....

Well- I have a week off in July. The family trip. I was planning to use my time share but there was nothing available that worked for me. I want Davis to come and he can't leave the state..so what do I do? I can't afford a fancy hotel on a nightly basis for 5 people for 8 nights. I would have no money to eat....

The answer? Camping.

Oh lord, what have I done....

I bought a tent when I thought I was going to be working at the renn faire (which I am not any longer) so I have this fabulous tent- and no where to use it.

I have sleeping stuff- though some air mattresses might be nice. Need to get cooking stuff.....but still, much cheaper than a fancy hotel.

No swimming pool, but we will be right on the reservoir. The kids love playing there and our site is close to the showers and water and bathrooms (good thing with kids). I can play in the water, and sit on the beach and read and soak up sun. The busy city can go on around me- but there I will be.

I think, the more I talk about it, the more psyched I get. Plus my daddy will be close by (his office is right there) so if I have a tent malfunction he can save me.

But it's done- reservations are made- good thing too, the week is the July 4th week, things are booking up like mad!

Now I need to get more camping supplies!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

YAY! Camping is such fun, especially as a family. Lots of time to talk and hang out with out a lot of distractions. We love camping and need to do it more often. Great bonding time! Congratulations and I bet you will have tons of fun!
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• Original Mice-Chatter

Thanks! any tips or advice would be great- I have not done this forever!

I am happy to be camping at the reservoir instead of the mountains, I have serious critter fears at night in the "real" wild!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    I must introduce you to Camping - Disneyphile Style!

Here's my gear list:
    • 9-person 3-room cabin tent (but, to me, it only sleeps 2, and you'll see why)
    • self-inflating queen air mattress with built-in battery operated air compressor
    • instant light-weight queen bed frame
    • queen bedding - sheets, pillows, and matching comforter
    • large folding bedside table
    • battery-operated table lamp with dimmer
    • a few framed prints, either for hanging or table-top
    • inflatable living room - couch, chair, coffee table
    • portable shower
    • "Welcome" mat
    • 1 pair of pink lawn flamingos
    • 1 set of solar-powered landscape lanterns
    • 1 or 2 tiki torches
    • 1 large air-tight supply box - tissues, first aid, toilet paper, paper towels, rain ponchos, "girly" supplies, batteries, flashlights, lighter, pocket knife, mosquito coils, sunscreen, emergency foil blankets, bug repellent, etc. (Actually, I keep this in the back of my car at all times.)
    And that's just the tent stuff.

I love camping! Even though you might not see most of this as necessary, I highly recommend the supply box. I use a flat Rubbermaid container for it, and it holds a LOT!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I must introduce you to Camping - Disneyphile Style!

Here's my gear list:
    • 9-person 3-room cabin tent (but, to me, it only sleeps 2, and you'll see why)
    • self-inflating queen air mattress with built-in battery operated air compressor
    • instant light-weight queen bed frame
    • queen bedding - sheets, pillows, and matching comforter
    • large folding bedside table
    • battery-operated table lamp with dimmer
    • a few framed prints, either for hanging or table-top
    • inflatable living room - couch, chair, coffee table
    • portable shower
    • "Welcome" mat
    • 1 pair of pink lawn flamingos
    • 1 set of solar-powered landscape lanterns
    • 1 or 2 tiki torches
    • 1 large air-tight supply box - tissues, first aid, toilet paper, paper towels, rain ponchos, "girly" supplies, batteries, flashlights, lighter, pocket knife, mosquito coils, sunscreen, emergency foil blankets, bug repellent, etc. (Actually, I keep this in the back of my car at all times.)
    And that's just the tent stuff.

I love camping! Even though you might not see most of this as necessary, I highly recommend the supply box. I use a flat Rubbermaid container for it, and it holds a LOT!
    Holy Crap....That ain't camping...That's homesteading
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• insufferable know-it-all

What sells it is the flamingos.....

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Still wants to be a cat!

My idea of camping is a Motel 6, but I do like your style Disneyphille! I think I could handle your way of taking on the wild life!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I should post pictures..... People always crack up at a group campout, because they'll walk by my tent (I leave the windows open), and say, "Whoa! You've actually got a bed in there!"

However, a couple years ago, a family had me beat - they not only had everything I listed, but also - grass carpet, flowerbed fencing (the plastic white "picket" kind), large garden sundial, park bench, and many different lawn ornaments, including a gazing ball on a pedestal. I lost my crown that day.

• Uber Disney freak! O

There's one VERY important item missing on your list, Disneyphile - a window unit! My ex-boyfriend's brother has a tent that has a space for a window unit to be put in - and he got the window unit to use with it! AIR CONDITIONING IN A TENT! I went to hang out with his wife when it got too hot camping in a regular tent in Texas summer. lol
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    OMG- I am camping with Disneyphile! That is the only way to go!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Labuda
    and he got the window unit to use with it! AIR CONDITIONING IN A TENT!
    Ooooooh!! Gotta add that to my "must-have" list for my next camping trip. I've already been thinking about getting one of those handy portable propane space heaters they have. But, air conditioning too???? Chez wilderness!!!!

Some of my "roughing it" friends get a little irritated at all my gear, but guess who they always run to when they need something while camping....

Besides, it only takes me about one hour to set-up, and about an hour to tear down. Not bad at all.

• Feel the breeze!

I agree with PirateMunkee - that is no longer camping. Of course, I consider a tent trailer to not be camping either.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I love it- if only!! I would have the coolest tent there!

• insufferable know-it-all

D-Phile: that's IT... we have to go camping together!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast