• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Pentagon Announces Plan To Close Camp Snoopy

BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota—The Pentagon announced Monday that Camp Snoopy, the largest indoor family theme park in America, is one of 34 major bases scheduled for closing as part of a vast military repurposing and realignment designed to save almost $50 billion.

"We never enjoy having to close a base," said Anthony Principi, chairman of the Pentagon's Base Realignment and Closure Commission. "But Camp Snoopy is a relic of America's Cold War past. Everything in the facility—from the Petting Zoo to the Extreme Trampoline to the Pepsi Ripsaw Roller Coaster—was conceived at a time when America's primary military threat was the Soviet Union. After careful evaluation, we determined that the only thing Camp Snoopy was enabling our soldiers to fight was boredom."

According to an official Pentagon statement delivered Tuesday by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, most of the 300 men and women stationed at Camp Snoopy will be honorably discharged in a ceremony to be held in front of the Rock 'N' Wall.
    So sad, so tragic

Full Story here

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4122
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Best Buds

That made my morning!

I haven't been to Camp Snoopy/Mall of America since 1994 when I was in Bloomington, MN for an MST3K convention.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• e komo mai

I love that! lol!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Hee.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Puppy Cuddles

OH my god! This is horrible. I'll bet this is a conspiracy by the Democrats to cut "military bloat" when really the loyal force at Camp Snoopy is just trying to protect our freedom! All of us in CA need to work all the much harder to protect the one at Knott's or we may lose another one!

Great find Tui.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• insufferable know-it-all

I love the Onion

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Uber Disney freak! ºOº

Long live The Onion! Been reading it since... heck, I dunno when I first read it, but it was definitely sometime in the 1900s! ::
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    whew, I was just waiting for someone to take it seriously, glad everyone here is too smart for that. Its just so funny because i've been there so much.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.