Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MiceChat Family

• Hangin Around

Sad MiceChat Family

I just found out my my father is dying. I feel so lost and don't know what to do. All I can say is I need my MiceChat family to help me though this.

Katrina

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: MiceChat Family

I am so sorry. I, myself, just found out a few days ago that my mom has Alzheimer's. My mom is 81. We have been expecting this for quite some time. She refused to go to the doctor. Now she has to go to a nursing home. We have a good doctor, and we are going to just take it one day at a time.

Give your dad a lot of love.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Hangin Around

I can't even look at my father without crying.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

How old is your dad?
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skywaygrl View Post
    I just found out my my father is dying. I feel so lost and don't know what to do. All I can say is I need my MiceChat family to help me though this.

Katrina
    My biological father (whom I never met) died about 15 years ago. And my real "Dad" died of cancer in 1998...a very painful time for me indeed.

Skywaygrl, I have may have some idea of what you're going through right now but I'm not sure, since this sort of thing is at least slightly different for all of us,

One thing you've already done is that you have let us in to give you our love, strength, hope and hugs.

And I know that there is a presence for good and for healing and it is God, working in and through you and me and all of us. God is working in your father and in all those around him at this time. And I am thankful to know that the best and highest is coming about for all concerned. And so it is.

Love and continued prayers, my friend -

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I lost my Mom back in 1994 to Colon Cancer, so as RB says I can somewhat relate.

Can't do much for you but.........The Wolfpack sends there love and lots of hugs! One can never have too many hugs during this terribly tough time!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Having just lost my dad not 2 months ago, I know what you are going through. He was in and out of the hospital for 6 months and it was so hard knowing that he would not be around much longer. There are no words that anyone can really give you that will help, and honestly, unless someone has lost a parent they can say things that will help, but they dont know what you are going through.
    Having fabulous friends and people who care about you will get you through the rough times. Having to go through what you are going through is something that no one ever wants to think about dealing with. The best thing right now is to spend as much time with him as you possibly can. Tell him all the things you want him to know, dont leave anything out. Dont be afraid to show your feelings and express your emotions. It is a very difficult thing for anyone to go through, just know that there are a lot of us out here that are here to chat with and will help you get through this.
    Losing my dad has been the worst thing that I have ever had to deal with, and I at times dont think that I am dealing with it very well at all. I try to be strong for everyone, when inside I hurt so bad and miss him so much. I wish I could talk to him, just to say that I love him, but I know that he is watching over my mom and I and that he will always be with us.
    We are all here for you and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.....
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    Having just lost my dad not 2 months ago, I know what you are going through. He was in and out of the hospital for 6 months and it was so hard knowing that he would not be around much longer. There are no words that anyone can really give you that will help, and honestly, unless someone has lost a parent they can say things that will help, but they dont know what you are going through.
    Having fabulous friends and people who care about you will get you through the rough times. Having to go through what you are going through is something that no one ever wants to think about dealing with. The best thing right now is to spend as much time with him as you possibly can. Tell him all the things you want him to know, dont leave anything out. Dont be afraid to show your feelings and express your emotions. It is a very difficult thing for anyone to go through, just know that there are a lot of us out here that are here to chat with and will help you get through this.
    Losing my dad has been the worst thing that I have ever had to deal with, and I at times dont think that I am dealing with it very well at all. I try to be strong for everyone, when inside I hurt so bad and miss him so much. I wish I could talk to him, just to say that I love him, but I know that he is watching over my mom and I and that he will always be with us.
    We are all here for you and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.....
    Tomorrow it will be 3 months that my dad's been gone. When I met you at the anniversary, Kristi, I had no idea that we both had shared this horrible experience so recently. Like you, the loss of my father has been the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I cry and miss him all the time.

Skywaygirl, I know that feeling, of not being able to look at your dad without crying. I remember it so well. I knew when I was looking at him that I would not have him around to look at much longer, and it felt like a knife in my heart.

What Kristi said about telling him everything and leaving nothing out, it's so true. I did try to do that, but my dad shushed me. He hated to see me upset; and since I couldn't even look at him without crying, it turned out in the end that he died before I could tell him the things I wanted to tell him. I regret it everyday, that I didn't stand up to him and tell him to stop worrying about me being upset and just listen to me. But he was sick, and I didn't want to upset him by not doing what he asked of me -- which was to be quiet and just sit with him.

It is so hard. I know you know that. I don't have anything to say that can ease your pain. How I wish I could. Only know that we can identify with what you are feeling. I am so sorry. Please post here or PM if you need anything at all.

• Banned User

I support you and your family. I wish you all the best.

• Banned User

I am so sorry, for you and your family. Loosing a family member is devastating. Sending you hugs
    hugs to you all for loosing family members and loved ones

And Barbara, I am truly sorry for this turn of events. My dad suffers from it, and its impossible for us to get him to go to the doctors. I do now take control of his meds, and bills and such. its been hard, he thinks he is a millionaire and thats far from the truth. some days are very trying for me and for dad.

• Minion

So sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in my prayers!

I'm so very sorry!! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Please lean on us, we're here for you!!

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you, your dad, and your entire family during this very difficult time. I know it is going to be very hard, It was only a few months ago that I lost my Grandfather to cancer. Trust me when I say that we are all here for you.

Big hugs for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I'm so so very sorry We'll be keeping you and your family in our prayers. We're all here for you

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Katrina.

I am so sorry to hear that.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today