Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I've got the Disney fever

You will not believe what just happened to me!!!!

So it's been raining here at my house for about a day and a half straight, fairly consistently. Hard all day today. So I sat down to have lunch after I put my son down for a nap. I sit on the couch start eating my sandwich, and look down on the wood floor and see something moving. I think, hey it's a dumb baby spider, I'll get it. It wasn't a spider it was an ant. Then I see another, and another. Then I move the basket of shoes by the front door and the side table and there are maybe 30 ants there. Move the rug and there are like 50 there. And then.... I opened my front door and the white door was BLACK , full of ants. It's been raining so hard that the ants in my flower garden got flooded out and were coming into my house!!!!! I don't have a phobia of ants but when I saw my front door, security door, and the door frames covered in ants I FREAKED OUT!!!!

So I called my husband who told me to call my mother-in-law and I started spraying my Mr. Clean spray everywhere (because of the amonia). There had to have been at least 1000 or more ants, they were going under my floors and everything. They gave me the willies!!

I think they are almost all dead, I hope no more decide to come. Do any of you have any tips on how to get rid of ants? Or has anyone else had this happen to you? Help!!! Thanks!

• Lucky, Rather Than Good

Re: You will not believe what just happened to me!!!!

That would have killed me, I hate ants
    " Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. " Oh no we might be in trouble

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

We've had that happen several times on rainy days. It amazes me how fast those little buggers can get into your house. In just a couple of hours, they can establish a major ant artery going through your entire kitchen and into the pantry. Like...60 billion ants where there used to be five.

Have fun.

• Banned User

oh man thats just freaky!! I do not have to worry much about that here, in fact everything pretty much croaks here in Montana. Ants have come in a few times but only a few. What happened to you would have sent me a packing!! maybe you need to call the exterminator

• Still wants to be a cat!

Diatomaceous Earth spread throughout your garden and yard area should help. Otherwise, just keep spraying. Haven't been attacked for a few years now, so keeping fingers crossed!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• I've got the Disney fever

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes! I'm on defense! lol

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Diatomaceous Earth spread throughout your garden and yard area should help. Otherwise, just keep spraying. Haven't been attacked for a few years now, so keeping fingers crossed!
    your right, this stuff is awsome! mom puts it on her vines to keep the bug population down.

• no flash photography...

the ants attack out house at least once a year. I spray them with raid and then spray around all the doors and windows outside with raid about every 2 months during the summer or after the first attack.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

When I lived in California, that was common! It seems like we were always having to fight off the little buggers. Especially at my grandma's house for some reason, but my mom's house also.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Shablagoo!

Game over Man, Game Over!

SOrry but that was all that came into my head.

• no flash photography...

my mother used to have a terrible red ant problem. They moved into a brand new house and always had to deal with red ants. A few months ago they pulled the carpet up to put wood floors down and found out the foundation was not finished correctly and there was a hole in it. Thats where the ant were getting in from. They could see the dirt the hole was so large.

anyway, they filled the hole with cement and no more ant problems. I swear they build the new homes so quickly and on the cheap now a day. Even when they did their walk through they found tons wrong. They could see under the carpet though...

• Waiting for the stork

Ok if you have a baby in the house, your probably not wanting to use poisons....but there are a few things you can do that are safer for baby...

Ants won't cross babypowder, I can't remember why, but they hate it....We had a terrible ant problem a few years back and it was in a spot (carpet) that my kids played...so I sprinkled (a lot) of babypowder...and after a few hours vacumed it up...then sprinkled more baby powder where they were coming in...no more ants...

another sollution, lemon dish detergent, again they hate it (smell and texture), put a line of it where they are getting in at (i even filled a small hole they were coming in through with it, they never came back!)

scrub the floors and counters...they follow a scent trail...and clean up the bodies...they do come back to collect their dead...and then you start all over...

hope that helps...

(yes, we have had some really bad ant invasions and always while we have had small children in our home but each and every time I am able to get rid of them without poisons....and it usualy lasts a very long time)
    procrastibating

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Ew, I hate ants. Here in Irvine there is a terrible ant problem. We've only had 2 major experiences with them since we moved in, but ants freak me the hell out. I am a huge fan of Raid ant spray and the smaller ant traps they have, they seem to be effective in keeping them out of our place.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
    Ants won't cross babypowder, I can't remember why, but they hate it....We had a terrible ant problem a few years back and it was in a spot (carpet) that my kids played...so I sprinkled (a lot) of babypowder...and after a few hours vacumed it up...then sprinkled more baby powder where they were coming in...no more ants...
    Powdered chalk dust also works, my friend's dad used to outline the tent with it whenever they went camping. For some reason ants won't cross it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Comin' at ya!

I would have fainted....I have a phobia of all insects
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast