Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Family Stickers for Your Car - A Word of Advice

We used to have our name on a license plate on our bicycles when we were kids.

Doesn't sound so smart now.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Good point up there, GC. Although this idea could be taken to extremes. Our city was what appeared to be the ONLY Orange County city to ban names from our kids' Little Leage uniforms. On Little League day at Anaheim Stadium, what you saw was 10,000 OTHER kids with names on their uniforms and our hapless kids with nada. The stick name thing I could see being a problem as someone in or around the school could have access to that information. The Little League thing though seemed a bit over the top. If a kid can't have his own name on a uniform, like they do in the majors, I think the whole idea has gone too far.

This coming from a parent who drives his kids two blocks to school everyday because he doesn't want them walking alone.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 02-24-2007 at 04:00 PM.

• Again! Again! Again!

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I was behind a mini van yesterday that had a 6 kids with their names under them all. Stupid. Just stupid. Keep the names off the car!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    another thing I don't understand is the advertising of deaths on the cars. Why is this done? I understand the loss is awful and a very painful thing to got through, but why put it on the car?
    Seriously. Those depress the hell out of me. Don't advertise your misery to everyone else around you. Keep it to yourself.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Circle of Ancients

I like those stickers and was just thinking yesterday that I might like to have some on my rear window of my van. But I would never put our names underneath them . I didn't even know people did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I mean, do you seriously see those stickers on the back of a Toyota Sienna and go "Oh look honey they have 4 kids, that's great". I just do this

That's how I feel about a LOT of the bumper stickers I see on cars. But oh well.....for a few moments I have something to think about and then I pretty quickly forget about it!

It's kinda like when those "baby on board" window placards came out in the mid 80's. So am I suppose to drive differently because you have a kid in your car? .
    Well ...yeah. If I see a sign that says that, the thought that goes through my mind is "Here's a mom or dad who's most likely overtired, may have a fussy baby in her car as well , and may not be driving as well as she could be, so I'm going to use extra caution around her car for my sake as much as hers.

I wish they'd have special signs for new drivers' cars with numbers that rolled over telling us if it were their 4th, 8th, 19th , etc. time driving since we also need to exercise a little more caution around new drivers as well.

I know when my daughters were learning to drive, other drivers were so impatient and rude even though more often than not , my daughters were actually the ones being extra cautious and doing their best to obey the laws while older, more experienced drivers were not.
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 02-24-2007 at 12:08 PM.

• That Guy

I wish they would make stickers to represent my life.

I would need just an icon for a guy, and maybe a PS3 icon. (but I wouldn't call it a PS3, for safety's sake, the label would say 'Computer game system'

• Banned User

I agree. I don't like the stickers at all however. My fiancee and I also don't like the whole putting kids names on their jackets and such but unfortunately his son received a name labeled shirt this past Christmas (he only wears it to bed).

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    It's kinda like you're advertising how fertile you are. And that you have dogs.

Really, we as the general driving public, don't care that you are married and have 12 kids and a dog named Sparky.

I mean, do you seriously see those stickers on the back of a Toyota Sienna and go "Oh look honey they have 4 kids, that's great". I just do this

Silly breeders

It's kinda like when those "baby on board" window placards came out in the mid 80's. So am I suppose to drive differently because you have a kid in your car? "I think I'll cut this car off. OH WAIT they have one of those stickers in their back windows warning me they have a child on board. OK, I'll cut the next car off, they just have a "I <heart> Jalisco" bumper sticker".
    I'm a breeder and I HATE those stupid stickers. A few years ago my sister bought me one to represent myself as a joke. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    "And if it ever becomes popular to put your social security number on the back of your car... don't do it." (That one's not mine. Dustysage told me that one tonight. I thought it was funny.)
    I like that.

Cute single people should put their phone numbers on their cars though. That would be cool. High speed dating?!

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I'm a breeder and I HATE those stupid stickers. A few years ago my sister bought me one to represent myself as a joke. Awesome.

I like that.

Cute single people should put their phone numbers on their cars though. That would be cool. High speed dating?!
    LOL and what would ugly single people do?

I remembered hearing about a dating service that did something like that. They'd have bumper stickers with a web address and a # that people can 'contact' those they wanted to meet. I don't know how well it did...

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee View Post
    Have a harder time procreating?

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee View Post
    Drink more alcohol.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Have a harder time procreating?

Not at all. There's more ugly people in the world than pretty ones. They procreate like rabbits. My sister's husband is the youngest of 8 kids, and most of them are married with like 5 or 6 kids each. And let me tell you, they all look exactly like each other. Ugly as sin.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Another thing to do, even more important than taking the stupid stickers off your car, is to teach your kids that a person they don't know is a stranger, even if they know the kid's name.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

And people who put their kids' pictures on the Internet on chat boards and such should be...

Wait a minute...

I do agree about the whole name thing and that's why we haven't named our kids yet. They are 5 now.
    Last edited by PEZZ Lightyear; 02-24-2007 at 08:55 PM.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Also, I think the names on the stickers should be the names they actually call the kids: like Meathead, Dummy, You There, etc.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast