Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Family Stickers for Your Car - A Word of Advice

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    another thing I don't understand is the advertising of deaths on the cars. Why is this done? I understand the loss is awful and a very painful thing to got through, but why put it on the car?
    I hate those, too! Is their car like a mobile memorial? Is it some kind of special shrine? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    I do agree about the whole name thing and that's why we haven't named our kids yet. They are 5 now.
    You can never be too careful!!
    <o>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    "And if it ever becomes popular to put your social security number on the back of your car... don't do it." (That one's not mine. Dustysage told me that one tonight. I thought it was funny.)
    I work for a bank and you'd be surprised how much info a person puts on their checks! The driver's license number, etc. It's insane. Just lose those checks and a person who finds them can go crazy with them. Yahoo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    It's kinda like you're advertising how fertile you are. And that you have dogs.

Really, we as the general driving public, don't care that you are married and have 12 kids and a dog named Sparky.

I mean, do you seriously see those stickers on the back of a Toyota Sienna and go "Oh look honey they have 4 kids, that's great". I just do this

Silly breeders

It's kinda like when those "baby on board" window placards came out in the mid 80's. So am I suppose to drive differently because you have a kid in your car? "I think I'll cut this car off. OH WAIT they have one of those stickers in their back windows warning me they have a child on board. OK, I'll cut the next car off, they just have a "I <heart> Jalisco" bumper sticker".

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I work for a bank and you'd be surprised how much info a person puts on their checks! The driver's license number, etc. It's insane. Just lose those checks and a person who finds them can go crazy with them. Yahoo!!
    I used to work for a bank as well and you're totally right. All that info pre-printed on their checks! In Hawaii, your driver's license number was also your social security number for the longest time. So when you go to store and they were required to write your DL # on your check... ugh. Any shmoe could pick up that check and know your name, address, SSN, bank acct number. About 5 or 6 years ago, they started issuing DL specific numbers on licenses.

• Pirata del Caribe

OH My I have seen those stickers here too!! They doesnt have thenames, of course!! But it´s the same
    I didnt know this thing were universal.
    It´s in vogue I see, I dont like it, by the way.. to have stickers of each member of the family in the car XDDDD
    But well.
    We don´t wanna be like you. Don´t you get that King of Fools?
    You're the blind to lead the blind.And I walk the wicked way!
    Uno, dos, ya viene por tí
    tres, cuatro, cierra la puerta,
    cinco, seis, mira el crucifijo
    siete, ocho, no duermas aún
    nueve, diez, nunca dormirás...

• Senior Minion

I have no kids and I KNOW that isn't a good idea! Stickers are cute, but leave out the names.

On a funny note, the other day I saw a car with those family stickers ... except the "mom" had a BIG red X crossing her out. I had to laugh at that one ... really hard ...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    another thing I don't understand is the advertising of deaths on the cars. Why is this done? I understand the loss is awful and a very painful thing to got through, but why put it on the car?
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    I hate those, too! Is their car like a mobile memorial? Is it some kind of special shrine? I don't get it.
    I think this is really weird. Do you tend to forget about your deceased loved ones, so you have to put it on your car to remind you? What is that about? I don't get it. And then, when can you take it off? Never, because that's not right either. "Well, I guess I'm over that one, I can scrape the letters off now."
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I think this is really weird. Do you tend to forget about your deceased loved ones, so you have to put it on your car to remind you? What is that about? I don't get it. And then, when can you take it off? Never, because that's not right either. "Well, I guess I'm over that one, I can scrape the letters off now."
    I don't see that much but yeah it is weird. It's usually a huge sticker too.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Also, I think the names on the stickers should be the names they actually call the kids: like Meathead, Dummy, You There, etc.
    Or Boy, Girl, dumb kid, Hey You...

• Hola!

Good advice. I would just put things like Mom, Dad, Junior, Baby. You know, generic titles.

• We wants the Redhead

I totally agree!! I do not have the stickers on my car, but if I ever did I would use the generic no name ones. I have an embroidery machine, and embroider anything of my boys that is not nailed down. I NEVER embroider there name on anything they will be wearing in public, you just never know.
    Janet
    John 3:16

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

An old joke says you can tell the value of a car by how many stickers it has. The more the stickers, the less the value.

Chad

• All you need is LOVE

I agree about the names

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    An old joke says you can tell the value of a car by how many stickers it has. The more the stickers, the less the value.

Chad
    That's true. And in regard to those 'family' stickers, the more 'kids' they have, the more thrashed that car is going to be........little resale or trade in value at that point.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Not at all. There's more ugly people in the world than pretty ones. They procreate like rabbits. My sister's husband is the youngest of 8 kids, and most of them are married with like 5 or 6 kids each. And let me tell you, they all look exactly like each other. Ugly as sin.
    Truer words.

I do agree about the whole name thing and that's why we haven't named our kids yet. They are 5 now.

Also, I think the names on the stickers should be the names they actually call the kids: like Meathead, Dummy, You There, etc.
    Totally, same with the dog: Dammit.

Also, I want to say that I have three kids and it's not them that tears up my car, that would be the husband.

He's not allowed in my new car, therefore it's pristine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast