View Poll Results: Here Come More Drugs?! Mexican Trucking Companies To Travel U.S. Roads In 60 Days

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • More drugs are on their way. U.S. inspecters cannot pevent all narcotics from slipping by.

3 37.50%
  • More drugs coming. Narcotic business too lucrative for our government to stop it.

1 12.50%
  • No more drugs coming. U.S. will prevent all narcotics from being smuggled over boarder by trucks.

1 12.50%
  • Undecided whether Mexican trucking access to U.S. roads will increase drug trafficking.

1 12.50%
  • Don't care.

2 25.00%

• Iron-Clad Allie

Here Come More Drugs?! Mexican Trucking Companies To Travel U.S. Roads In 60 Days

Associated Press article - http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...436341,00.html

Bush Administration pilot project will allow 100 Mexican trucking businesses to place their cargo carrying trucks on roads throughout the U.s. in around 60 days. This is connected to the North Aberican Free Trade Agreement.

U.S. inspectors are supposed to insure safety by inspecting each truck as it crosses the boarder. They are supposed to check to make sure each Meican truck driver knows English, isn't carrying illegal freight, and that they are insured by American companies.

Union leaders, members of Congress and advocates for public safety are heavily criticizing the Bush trade decision.

I say this is an open door to make drug trafficing easier. This is happening at a time when we have little control over our boarders, and we have all but lost the war against drugs.

Inspecters will not be able to keep drug cartels from Mexico and elsewhere from slipping drugs over the boarder. Once these trucks hit our roads, i predict that it will only be a short matter of time before drivers are busted throughout our nation...and narcotic associated problems significantly increase.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-24-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Here Come More Drugs?! Mexican Trucking Companies To Travel U.S. Roads In 60 Day

I agree RW.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Here Come More Drugs?! Mexican Trucking Companies To Travel U.S. Roads In 60 Day

Wonder if these thousands of Mexican trucks will be required to be smogged, and if the companies will pay transportation taxes or fees for upkeep on our roads. Somehow, I get the feeling that the answer is NO in each instance.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!