• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Temper-Pedic beds

Anyone have one? Do you love it or hate it? We're looking into a new bed and are intrested in these.

TIA!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Never Look Back

Re: Temper-Pedic beds

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Anyone have one? Do you love it or hate it? We're looking into a new bed and are intrested in these.

TIA!
    Well my neighbors have one, and they love it. Their only complaint is that the bed gets WAY too hot during the summer. The material supposedly doesn't breathe well, and just makes you sweat too much.

My parents have the Select Comfort mattress...you should look at those...way cool.

Each person gets to choose how hard or soft they want their side...

http://www.selectcomfort.com/

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Ohhh hot mattress would NOT work well around here Thanks Maseca

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

There's the less pricey 'generic' ones too. Plus they have ones at Costco, plus the 'topper' of it. My friend bought one and LOVES IT. A Coworker bought the 'generic' one last year, and he said he finally has dreams now

i'm shoppping for one too, a twin sized. There's a ebay store that offers free delivery too!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Ohhh hot mattress would NOT work well around here Thanks Maseca

No prob...glad I could help...

• is on the rocks

DH and I have a 2" mattress topper from overstock.com on top of our regular 'ole mattress. We love it - just thick enough to cushion, but not so terribly thick it gets too hot in the summer. We also have the memory foam pillows and like those as well.
    She did it!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    DH and I have a 2" mattress topper from overstock.com on top of our regular 'ole mattress. We love it - just thick enough to cushion, but not so terribly thick it gets too hot in the summer. We also have the memory foam pillows and like those as well.
    We have memory foam pillow and fight over them We love them We debated on getting a topper but our mattress has a high pillow top and I just don't know how well it'd do. Thanks!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

We love love love the bed we got last year. I think it is based on the same system as a Sealy posteurpedic mattress. There are two sets of wrapped coils. The first set is in the regular mattress. The second set are in the pillow top. There is a foam frame around the coils in the pillow top. The top of the mattress is a plush top. We were sorry that we hadn't gotten a mattress like this a long time ago.

Go to a couple different places to see which mattresses you like best. I got lucky and the mattress we purchased was just being introduced. We saved $1000.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maseca View Post
    Well my neighbors have one, and they love it. Their only complaint is that the bed gets WAY too hot during the summer. The material supposedly doesn't breathe well, and just makes you sweat
    /
    My friend has one also and has the same issue with it being too hot in the summer.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

The best bed I ever had was a regular mattress with a pillow top. Unfortunately had to get rid of it when I upgraded my bed to a bunkbed-with-desk-underneath thing. Just sayin.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    The best bed I ever had was a regular mattress with a pillow top. Unfortunately had to get rid of it when I upgraded my bed to a bunkbed-with-desk-underneath thing. Just sayin.
    I totally think dsnylndmom should do the same. Go with the bunkbed/desk combo, dmom!!

I can't imagine having a warm mattress. Ick.

The select mattresses are pretty cool.

We don't have one of those, but we got the kind that you can drop the bowling ball and not spill the glass of wine.

Priorities.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I don't have one but I am in absolute love with our new bed. We got the Simmons Beautyrest that's the medium pillow top. There is one that is harder and one with a much thicker pillow top but that one made me sink in so far that it would be hard to roll over at all.

Anyway, I'm in love. I go home every night and lay on it for a few minutes first thing.

That doesn't really answer your question, but I know you'll forgive me. Somehow.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    We don't have one of those, but we got the kind that you can drop the bowling ball and not spill the glass of wine.

Priorities.
    This is what ours is like. Haven't tried the glass of wine and bowling ball trick though.

EW: I think that Dmom is looking for advice for a bed for herself and her husband, not their kids.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

As long as it doesn't break....what kind is that Stinkerbell? I just wanna get it for the joy of dropping bowling ball and seeing my moms face with the wine glass i'm such an angel
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Banned User

i have a double futon mattress

infact, it's a Futon bottom bunk, and a twin top bunk... great for storing stuff... lol

i so wish i had a nicer mattress, but i settle for what I acquired.

and i want a bowling ball, and wine.. then go to your houses and try it! lol