Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 534
  1. #151

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in California BABY!
    Posts
    6,593

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

    That drives me nuts and I have said before 'Hey guys...this is for strollers."

    This bugs the 'bejeezers' out of me!
    Wow- you have said that to people? I am curious to how they responded cause I would be pissed if someone told me I shouldn't be using an elevator without a stroller.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson



  2. #152

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    They were talking about this on Adam Carolla this morning. Theres a book out called Generation Me or something like that. And they were talking about how young people are very narcissistic (sp?) nowadays.
    I wouldn't even say young people, I can think of more people my age that fit this figure. The worse ones are the ones that DENY that they are this way. Dude, whatever



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

  3. #153

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Thumbs up Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    I just remembered a pet peeve goofygoof and I share. Our friends (most of them) make fun of us for going to Disneyland as often as we do. They think we're lame and dorky. You know what? I'm ok with that. I don't expect everyone to understand what Disneyland is all about and why he and I choose to go there so often.

    What pisses us off is this: we accept that they don't ever want to come to Disneyland with us and it's just 'not their thing'. However they pester us for not wanting to go to the bars and lounges of Hollywood or Downtown LA every Friday and Saturday night! What is the appeal? You have to wait in line, drinks are overpriced, there's no room to sit, sometimes there's no room to stand. Some of our friends smoke so if we chill outside with them, we're subjected to second hand smoke and cold weather (LA gets pretty cold at around midnight).

    My point is this: If we aren't bugging you about wasting your money and time going to bars and lounges every weekend, don't bother us about going to Disneyland once or twice a month!
    Don't worry about your friends. If you and your significant other can find something to do that you both like doing together, like going to Disneyland, then you have a huge investment in that.

    Don't give them a second thought. My wife and I believe out Disneyland passes are an investment to our marriage, because it gets us out of the house and gets us doing something that we like to do - TOGETHER.

    Right on to you and Goofygoof!

  4. #154

    • Man O Lantern
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    It's fall, ya'll!
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    You're always right, huh.
    What the heck does that mean?

    I would be so offended and uncomfortable if I was in an enclosed space with someone who tells me, "Hey guys...this is for strollers."

    Number one, it's not accurate.

    Number two, it's none of your business if I'm on the elevator.

    Number three, it's a poopy thing to say.

  5. #155

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in California BABY!
    Posts
    6,593

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I wouldn't even say young people, I can think of more people my age that fit this figure. The worse ones are the ones that DENY that they are this way. Dude, whatever
    You're young silly.



    I thought of something else- I HATE using those moving walkways when they are really high like the ones at the DL parking structure. I am terrified of heights and I get all dizzy using them. I still do when I have to, but I hate them.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson



  6. #156

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    You're young silly.



    I thought of something else- I HATE using those moving walkways when they are really high like the ones at the DL parking structure. I am terrified of heights and I get all dizzy using them. I still do when I have to, but I hate them.
    You know, I dontlike being on them when they are WAY crowded. Especially with my 2 little kids.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  7. #157

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    Wow- you have said that to people? I am curious to how they responded cause I would be pissed if someone told me I shouldn't be using an elevator without a stroller.
    When they have two modes of transport and stroller pushers one, don't you think it fair for the ones that have multiple modes to utilize the alternate, in order to free up the one for which some have as their only mode?

  8. #158

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    What the heck does that mean?

    I would be so offended and uncomfortable if I was in an enclosed space with someone who tells me, "Hey guys...this is for strollers."

    Number one, it's not accurate.

    Number two, it's none of your business if I'm on the elevator.

    Number three, it's a poopy thing to say.
    A POOPY thing to say?
    You have me laughing here.

  9. #159

    • Bring Me Two Piña Coladas
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Aples Center
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    I just remembered a pet peeve goofygoof and I share. Our friends (most of them) make fun of us for going to Disneyland as often as we do. They think we're lame and dorky. You know what? I'm ok with that. I don't expect everyone to understand what Disneyland is all about and why he and I choose to go there so often.

    What pisses us off is this: we accept that they don't ever want to come to Disneyland with us and it's just 'not their thing'. However they pester us for not wanting to go to the bars and lounges of Hollywood or Downtown LA every Friday and Saturday night! What is the appeal? You have to wait in line, drinks are overpriced, there's no room to sit, sometimes there's no room to stand. Some of our friends smoke so if we chill outside with them, we're subjected to second hand smoke and cold weather (LA gets pretty cold at around midnight).

    My point is this: If we aren't bugging you about wasting your money and time going to bars and lounges every weekend, don't bother us about going to Disneyland once or twice a month!

    I'll add that the parking at DL is easier, and cheaper than going to Hollyweird or a DT LA joint!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."


  10. #160

    • Man O Lantern
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    It's fall, ya'll!
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I wouldn't even say young people, I can think of more people my age that fit this figure. The worse ones are the ones that DENY that they are this way. Dude, whatever
    Totally agree. There are more people our age that feed into those younger kids that entitlement thing. Not following through with directions to the kids, there are no consequences for anything, and thinking the world needs to hand you something without working for it.

  11. #161

    • I love loop jokes.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA
    Posts
    802

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    They were talking about this on Adam Carolla this morning. Theres a book out called Generation Me or something like that. And they were talking about how young people are very narcissistic (sp?) nowadays.
    I was listening to that too! It's so true... people today have think they are entitled to things and they are more special from the average person. Here's an aricle I read yesterday that talks about this issue!!!

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17349066/

  12. #162

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in California BABY!
    Posts
    6,593

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    When they have two modes of transport and stroller pushers one, don't you think it fair for the ones that have multiple modes to utilize the alternate, in order to free up the one for which some have as their only mode?
    Well, maybe it would be exceptionally polite for people to think that way. I know I have gotten annoyed about it at the Mall of America because there is a definite lack of elevators in that mall and we have had to wait a long time to fit into an elevator. But what I think is more unfair is to say that anyone without a stroller shouldn't use the elevator.

    But still, it's not like parking in a handicap spot, elevators have never been considered to be solely for strollers. I have never ever heard that and I couldn't imagine actually telling people that they shouldn't be using it, even if I was annoyed.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson



  13. #163

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    When they have two modes of transport and stroller pushers one, don't you think it fair for the ones that have multiple modes to utilize the alternate, in order to free up the one for which some have as their only mode?
    So did you feel this way last year before you had your son? I'm just curious.

    I know I don't think that. I think they the elevators are for everyone. IF the elevators were in fact for just one group of people, I would think it would be for those that are disabled. Not parents with strollers that are quite easy to fold up and hold as you are going down those walkways that you just stand on. And before you say that it is hard to do that, I have two kids, I've been there and had to do that. And when my 12 year old was in a stroller they were no where near as lightweight as they are now!



    Now, back to annoyances! People who speed on streets around schools. That annoys me to no end.



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

  14. #164

    • Man O Lantern
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    It's fall, ya'll!
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    When they have two modes of transport and stroller pushers one, don't you think it fair for the ones that have multiple modes to utilize the alternate, in order to free up the one for which some have as their only mode?
    But it's none of your business if they don't. Anyone can use an elevator. That's life. And to be chided for it in person in an enclosed space is creepy. And poopy.

  15. #165

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    I just remembered a pet peeve goofygoof and I share. Our friends (most of them) make fun of us for going to Disneyland as often as we do. They think we're lame and dorky. You know what? I'm ok with that. I don't expect everyone to understand what Disneyland is all about and why he and I choose to go there so often.

    What pisses us off is this: we accept that they don't ever want to come to Disneyland with us and it's just 'not their thing'. However they pester us for not wanting to go to the bars and lounges of Hollywood or Downtown LA every Friday and Saturday night! What is the appeal? You have to wait in line, drinks are overpriced, there's no room to sit, sometimes there's no room to stand. Some of our friends smoke so if we chill outside with them, we're subjected to second hand smoke and cold weather (LA gets pretty cold at around midnight).

    My point is this: If we aren't bugging you about wasting your money and time going to bars and lounges every weekend, don't bother us about going to Disneyland once or twice a month!
    I say tell your friends to kiss off Enjoy your time at DL



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disneyland Pet Peeves?
    By The Disneylander in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 03:32 PM
  2. Pet peeves
    By jl559 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 10:53 PM
  3. Pet Posting Peeves
    By JeffYardDog in forum The Forums
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
  4. DL Pet Peeves
    By NDNation in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 01:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •