Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• is on the rocks

Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Here are my little ones:

Dryer sheets, they find their way all over the house--HOW? And why am I the only one capable of picking them up?

Toilet paper rolls--seriously, OMG, change the roll when you use the end of it. Been battling this since I shared a bathroom with my sister when I was 7. Never ends!
    Okay - I thought I was the only one! I just found a dryer sheet on the floor and started cracking up!

And the TP! My bathroom always has a roll of TP on the roller where it belongs - my hubby's bathroom has an empty TP tube on the roller, and at least two half-used rolls of TP lying by the sink. WTF?!?!?! How hard is this?
    She did it!

• is on the rocks

stinkerbell's post reminded me of another one - people who don't use something up because they don't want to replace it. Meaning, they'll leave one square of TP on the roll or 2 sips of milk in the carton. Leaving the next person (usually me) in the lurch when there's not enough to do anything with what's left. Grrrrr.
    She did it!

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    -People interrupting me when i'm in the middle of a sentence, or cutting me off with a question when they don't give me a chance to finish and what I was going to say, is what their question was about!!!
    Gee I wonder who this is aimed at... hehe. I can't help it. I'm impatient and want an answer fast! But you have to admit that I have improved.

-People who cut in front of me at the tram, when i'm being courteous enough to give the parents with 2 kids and a stroller a chance to board, before I go on. But NOOOOOO...SOMEBODY has to cut us off and jump ahead and sit down.
    OMG!!!! I wanted to yell at her to get her tush off the tram and to take her child and husband with her. SHE WAS SO RUDE. WAIT YOUR TURN THIS IS DISNEYLAND! OK I feel much better now that I've let that off my chest.

My Pet Peeve: Drivers on the 101. It's one of the more aggressive freeways I use. People don't ever give you way, you have to take way. And there's always somebody chatting away on his/her cell phone totally ignoring all the others cars, not bothering to signal, carelessly switching over into my lane when I'm clearly halfway already in there AND I have my blinker on!

• I'd rather be @ D-land

I share so many of these with all of you guys/gals!! I didn't think I was that easily peeved....
    One that has been irking me extra lately on the snowy roads: the cell phone talking while driving!!!! It's illegal in this state now!!! get a hands free device!

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    Okay - I thought I was the only one! I just found a dryer sheet on the floor and started cracking up!
    I think I will use that; laugh when I see those things that irk me.... otherwise, I might explode. I can't believe the language that comes out of my mouth when I'm driving (when no one else is in the car)!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

One of my pet peeves is people who have pet peeves.

Okay I lied.

One of my pet peeve is people who lie.

Bad table manners. UGH.

Loud mouth noises. Smacking, slurping, chewing, kissing, licking whatever. Yick.

Poor grammer when speaking. Like, "I seen it."

I'll probably think of more!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by sueb View Post
    I share so many of these with all of you guys/gals!! I didn't think I was that easily peeved....
    One that has been irking me extra lately on the snowy roads: the cell phone talking while driving!!!! It's illegal in this state now!!! get a hands free device!

Why on earth would they do that on snowy roads??? common sense people!?!?!

Oh yeah, Stinky...the toilet paper gets to me too, it's only another 15 seconds out of ones life to change it, are they THAT lazy?

I'll add the "I hate people who are late" to it...don't wait till 10pm to start getting ready to go out, what the heck is that?! And if you know you're to be somewhere at a certain time, why wouldn't you pace and prepare yourself to be ready! jeeeez eh cry!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Oh I thought of another one. Socks. When my kids take their shoes off when we get home they put their shoes in the shoe basket and they either leave their socks on or put on their slippers. But when they take their socks off, they just leave them wherever. I find them EVERYWHERE in the house. The bathroom. Their bed. The living room. Its amazing.
    And its no wonder I constantly have to buy socks.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I hate it when people are late.
    I also have an issue with the throw pillows- if you moved them, fix them! I swear sometimes I feel like all I do is fix them all day.

I never change the tp roll - one of my issues
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• white and nerdy

1. People arguing over colloquial names. Some people call it Soda, some call it Pop, some call it Tonic, get over it, YOU don't ALWAYS have to be right. That drives me right up the wall. I think I've lost friends when I say, "I want a pop." and they say, "Pop? Pop? what the hell? it's called Soda. Thats the REAL name if it."

2. People who take personal offense at sweeping social tendencies without looking at the historical perspective. "Kids today with their (fill in the blank)"

3. People who use popular sayings and dodgey stories as gospel truth. "Guess what? if you lined up all the people in china six across and marched them into the sea, the line would never stop" or "The average person needs six hugs a day to be completely happy"

4. Total loss of Logic. When people try to sound logical whilst making the most damning of logical errors. "If gay people get married, what's next? dogs marrying postmen?" "Christians spoke out in favor of strong families. They must hate single mothers." SEE IT GOES BOTH WAYS SUCKAS!!

And many more...
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

OMG Socks! Every night my husband sits on the couch and takes off his shoes and socks. He then ROLLS both socks into a ball together and throws them in the laundry room. So then when I do laundry I have to unravel the little sock ball.

I have told him I will just throw the socks into the wash like that and they won't get clean and he'll have to wear stiff socks. It worked for awhile, but he's started doing it again.

Back to the crispy socks I guess.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Man O Lantern

I'll add the "I hate people who are late" to it...don't wait till 10pm to start getting ready to go out, what the heck is that?! And if you know you're to be somewhere at a certain time, why wouldn't you pace and prepare yourself to be ready! jeeeez eh cry!
    I was waiting for someone to mention the late thing. I. am. always. late.

One of my pet peeves was going to be people expecting me to be on time. Hello. I'm NEVER on time, why would you expect me to be on time all of the sudden? If you want me somewhere at a certain time, lie to me, tell me to be there 15 minutes earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    But when they take their socks off, they just leave them wherever. I find them EVERYWHERE in the house. The bathroom. Their bed. The living room. Its amazing.
    And its no wonder I constantly have to buy socks.
    Totally!! I find socks in the couch, under the couch, behind the toilet (explain that one to me!), in the kitchen, and MANY under the dining room table. Our table is a huge long mission table, I don't need to get under it often, but when I do, there are a dozen socks under it. One of our coffee tables is a mission storage chest and the kids SHOVE their socks under it.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Totally!! I find socks in the couch, under the couch, behind the toilet (explain that one to me!), in the kitchen, and MANY under the dining room table. Our table is a huge long mission table, I don't need to get under it often, but when I do, there are a dozen socks under it. One of our coffee tables is a mission storage chest and the kids SHOVE their socks under it.

Since moving back into my parents house its gotten crazy. I find my kids socks under MY bed, in their bed, my brother finds them in his room, my mom has found them in her room, they are under the couch, behind the bathroom door...you name it, Ive probably found a sock there.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    OMG Socks! Every night my husband sits on the couch and takes off his shoes and socks. He then ROLLS both socks into a ball together and throws them in the laundry room. So then when I do laundry I have to unravel the little sock ball.

I have told him I will just throw the socks into the wash like that and they won't get clean and he'll have to wear stiff socks. It worked for awhile, but he's started doing it again.

Back to the crispy socks I guess.
    OMG!!

My husband and his socks. His are either laying next to the couch, upstairs or downstairs, wherever he watches TV that night. OR they are folded in a ball in the laundry. I wash them in the ball. They're always wet when they come out of the dryer, but I stopped unfolding them before washing about ten years ago. Sometimes he learns, sometimes he doesn't.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I was waiting for someone to mention the late thing. I. am. always. late.

One of my pet peeves was going to be people expecting me to be on time. Hello. I'm NEVER on time, why would you expect me to be on time all of the sudden? If you want me somewhere at a certain time, lie to me, tell me to be there 15 minutes earlier.
    LOL...I always pad it 15-45 min, it's adjusted accordingly to Frenchys mood lolol

Actually I pad it with a majority of the time, especially when it involved getting to the Lakers game on time ( can't be late to church!!!!)
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast