Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Question Pet Peeves Anyone??

This may be something that has already been covered on here, but it's just something to 'address' here in this thread.

Do any of you have pet peeves? I'm sure you do - I do, that's for sure.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone leaves the kitchen cabinets open - OH MAN! Drives me nuts! And also when someone leaves dresser drawers half open, or they don't close them all the way! Drives me crazy.

Anyone care to share THEIR pet peeve with us?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Pet Peeves Anyone??

Stopping in a walkway in front of people. It's called a walkway for a reason!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    TOTALLY! Disneyland is a haven for this type of thing. Drives me nuts....

Another one for me is people who get on the freeway going 40 miles per hour expecting you to let them in. Hello? When I was 16 and in Drivers Ed, my teacher told me that the ON RAMP was so you could pick up the speed of the other drivers.....it wasn't so you could 'put-put' along and stop traffic so you could slowly get on.

• Circle of Ancients

Yes! When people are too lazy to put shopping carts where they belong when they're done with them so instead just leave them any old place. Or worse, when they put them somewhere and then they roll away and run into someone's car !

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

Another one for me is people who get on the freeway going 40 miles per hour expecting you to let them in. Hello? When I was 16 and in Drivers Ed, my teacher told me that the ON RAMP was so you could pick up the speed of the other drivers.....it wasn't so you could 'put-put' along and stop traffic so you could slowly get on.
    OMG - I am SO with you on this one! Don't people know how dangerous this is? You are supposed to match the flow of traffic, not expect everyone else to slow down around you!

One of my biggest pet peeves is if I hold the door open for someone and they traipse right on through without saying a word, as if I was their doorman. Whatever happened to common courtesy?
    She did it!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    One of my biggest pet peeves is if I hold the door open for someone and they traipse right on through without saying a word, as if I was their doorman. Whatever happened to common courtesy?
    When this happens to me (and it has happened often) I usually say in a very audible voice "You're welcome" - and then I walk away....

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    this annoys me to no end. I alway say "walkways are for walking" Ugh

OMG that drives me insane too!! I HATE THAT!

I can't stand when someone is tailgating you on the freeway, you get over and then they don't move bastiges.

And not saying Thank You, irks me to no end.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Iron-Clad Allie

Nothing angers me more than to be driving the speed limit down a city street and to have someone race up from behind and honk at you to get out of the way. A growing number of drivers are becoming out of control.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    this annoys me to no end. I alway say "walkways are for walking" Ugh
    I learnt that from you.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Comin' at ya!

People who go see an R rated movie then come out complaining how horrible it was (as far as content)...Look it up! I had a friend who would constantly see movies and then complain how bad they were and offensive...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

A few:

-cellphone drivers -- if you're gonna drive while talking on the phone, at least like... pay attention to the road.

-cigarette smoke -- BLAARGHHH!!!

-babies at the movies. get a sitter please!

-obnoxious children at church and parents who don't do anything about it.

-obnoxious parents

-menus at restaurants that don't tell you EVERYTHING that's in the dish you're ordering. example: Cove Bar has BBQ Chicken Pizza on the menu. Description: BBQ Sauce, Chicken. The actual item is covered with large chunks of tomatoes and red onion. Hmm.. didn't see that one coming!

I know there's more...

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Nothing angers me more than to be driving the speed limit down a city street and to have someone race up from behind and honk at you to get out of the way. A growing number of drivers are becoming out of control.
    When people do things like this too me, I lightly step on my brakes....and if they hit me - it's their fault. I have excellent insurance...so I'm not worried.

• This space for rent

One of my biggest pet peeves are drivers who toss out lit cigarettes, not only is it a fire hazzard here( I'd imagine it's the same in Cali) with the current dry conditions, also it doesn't tickle when it flies back while I'm riding.

Another one are the people who have to stop at the toll plazas at ANY theme park and whine and moan about the price, don't have their form of payment ready, or ask questions about the park, then just back up the rest of us even more.

Cell phones in general annoy me, whether it be drivers on them, rude people in restaurants, theaters, theme parks, even stores just blabbing out loud on them. Talking loud into them isn't gonna help the person on the other end. No one wants to hear or be subjected to these people's conversations. There needs to be cell-free zones, same goes for any walkie talkie/ Nextel type of phones too.

• Big Kid

Years ago, my then-Wife had the Open-cabinet pet-peeve. So when I was really mad at her, I'd get up in the middle of the night and open every cabinet door in the kitchen, just to mess with her!

I'm 6'4", I can view Fantasmic! and Fireworks from wherever I stand. Unfortunately, my Friends and Fiancee don't posess such a vertical advantage, so we invest some time and get into a prime-viewing location early. The Fireworks are my favorite show at Disneyland. Fantasmic! is #2.

Here's my petpeeves at Disneyland:

People that arrive just as the lights are going down and the show is starting, they will cut in front of you, then stand directly in front of you, then if you don't say anything, they'll call their family over and shove you out of the way completely!

People who wear flashing red mickey ears, flashing headgear, etc...
    and leave them ON in your face during the Fireworks or Fantasmic!

Parents who let their kids scream and play with those annoying noise-making, light-flashing toys in the middle of nighttime shows.

People that fly big huge mylar balloons 8 feet in the air when there are a few thousand people behind them, trying to see the Fireworks!

...and My Number One Pet-Peeve!....

Inconsiderate people that light up cigarettes in the middle of the mass of people waiting for a show!

I see it all the time, rude jerks light up in the middle of a crowd and nobody says anything.

I've been a Disneyland Regular for over 30 years and every time I visit, I'm more and more amazed at how rude, inconsiderate and entitled some Disneyland Guests are these days. Since when is it ok to shove through people, literally push past them, as long as you say "Excuse Me" while you're doing it?!

..and what's with bringing Fresh Babies to Disneyland? What's the matter?
    ...not enough people breathing on them back at home?

I'm now stepping off my soapbox. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    People who go see an R rated movie then come out complaining how horrible it was (as far as content)...Look it up! I had a friend who would constantly see movies and then complain how bad they were and offensive...
    These are R kind of movies.

When people do things like this too me, I lightly step on my brakes....and if they hit me - it's their fault. I have excellent insurance...so I'm not worried.
    You're my hero, Rebeland Daddy. I'll remember that trick. Payback is sweet revenge.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast