• Princess of my own world

Random Act of Kindness Thread

Hi guys! Well in my class I've been having issues with teasing. Ranging from racial and religious teasing all the way to the 'normal' teasing just picking on kids. (not really normal that's why it's in " " ) So I held a class meeting and challenged my kids to do random acts of kindness. I challenged them to do at least 1 a day. The acts range from helping their parents with something they don't normally do all the way to complimenting another student on something (hair, shoes, whatever).

So, now to get to the point of the thread. I was just wondering if you guys would like to share random acts of kindness others have done to you. No matter how big or small. (Thanks Motorboat Cruiser for the great suggestion)

My friend referred my idea back to Pay It Forward (which I never saw) So yeah, share away!!
    Last edited by PrncssZ; 02-27-2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: edit topic
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Banned User

Re: Random Act of Kindness Thread

I was at Starbucks. I gave the employee a 10 doller bill and said, "This pays for the other 2 cards behind me"

• Directly directed

Watch pay it forward. That's a powerful movie. And if I told you what I have done then it takes away my joy at just doing a random act of kindness.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Watch pay it forward. That's a powerful movie. And if I told you what I have done then it takes away my joy at just doing a random act of kindness.
    I just watched it yesterday. And that what made me go to startbucks and pay for 2 peoples drinks without them knowing.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Shouldn't random acts of kindness be part of every day?! I know they are part of mine.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post

Okay I'll have to watch the movie.

Yeah, I made this thread not to brag about what you've done but just to share and spread how easy it is to do it. You don't have to spend money or anything. There are so many simple things you can do that will make people's day.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Shouldn't random acts of kindness be part of every day?! I know they are part of mine.
    Yep! I feel the same way! That's how my random acts are. My kids got so excited with the challenge though, some of them got really into it.
    Last edited by PrncssZ; 02-27-2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added quote

Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

•   
    • debating what to put here

With all due respect...

Personally, I think it would be better to share stories of random acts of kindness that other have shown us. Those are more worthy of recognition than us sitting around and bragging about our good deeds.

For example, today I went in for a cup of coffee and left my wallet in the truck (and out in the rain). When I told her I would be right back, she smiled and said "Don't worry about it, No charge".

I'm sorry if offense is taken to my feelings about this thread. I just feel that acts of kindness are what we are supposed to do, bragging about them is not.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
    With all due respect...

Personally, I think it would be better to share stories of random acts of kindness that other have shown us. Those are more worthy of recognition than us sitting around and bragging about our good deeds.

For example, today I went in for a cup of coffee and left my wallet in the truck (and out in the rain). When I told her I would be right back, she smiled and said "Don't worry about it, No charge".

I'm sorry if offense is taken to my feelings about this thread. I just feel that acts of kindness are what we are supposed to do, bragging about them is not.

There we go! I like that. No offense taken, like I said I didn't want this to be a bragging thread. So I'm off to edit my original post. Thanks for the input!

Wildcat Projects