Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I am a Pluto lover

If you won the lottery....

The Mega Millions jackpot was at 320 million yesterday. I bought a ticket, (I believe if Im meant to win, 1 ticket will do it) I thought about what I would do if I won.

First thing would be to put an account for my son, then take care of my sisters and their families.

With the balance, would I build my dream house close to DLR? I wouldnt have to work again, would I go to Disneyland everyday? And if so,
    do you ever think you could get tired of the resort? Would that curb our Disney obsessions?

So the real question, as fanatical as we all are now over Disney, where would Disney fit into your new life if you became filthy rich overnight...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• no flash photography...

Re: If you won the lottery....

disney would not fit into my life long term if I won. I wold tke a trip to the disney park in japan, but other than that I would be going other places.

the first thing I would do would be to pay off the bills then invest the rest so i could live off the interest.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Um. I think it goes without saying that one of the first things I'd do is upgrade my DAP for a PAP. But would I build my dream home closer to Disneyland? Uh... no. Way to crowed, way to much traffic. But if I hit mega millions I could afford to fly in when ever I wanted to, or have my driver take me there. Since I could go into semi retirement (I still think I'd keep one of my jobs just for the socialization aspect), I would probably go more often, and would be able to stay someplace like the Grand Californian each time.

Then after building my dream home someplace peaceful and quiet (and maybe buying a private tropical island for a back up), I would get my daughter a car, buy her and her fiance a house where they want to live, set up some kind of trust for any future grandkids I have....

Pay off all of my credit cards...

And do some philanthropic stuff for some causes I feel are important.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

I'd buy my mom a house, I'd buy my godmom a house (decent houses, preferably Newport Beach). Then I'd probably put the rest away (because Chapman University is damn expensive and I'm gonna need it) after a couple shopping sprees.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

the first thing I would do is donate money to a list of charities I have made in case of such a unlikely scenario. Then I would have a home built for myself and one for my parents. Then I would make sure MiceChat was taken care of. After that I would take a trip to Disneyland and put the rest away.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• is on the rocks

Hmm - well, I'd probably buy some APs - for myself, my mom, cousin (Disney fanatic) and DH. Definitely a trip to Japan to check out DisneySea.

I'd like to pay off DH's school and car loans and buy a home for ourselves, and a nicer home for our parents. Invest some for our future, and donate to charities.
    She did it!

• Senior Minion

I'd try to do something for those libraries in southern Oregon that are being closed.

And, of course, pay off a lot of bills.

The best use of that money, as far as I'm concerned, in terms of Disney would be to take as many kids as possible to the park who would never get there otherwise. For as many times as I go or have gone, there's nothing to compare to the wonderment in a child's eyes on a trip to DL.

• Waiting for the stork

well, first, it goes without saying that all outstanding bills get paid first.

then I'd buy a beautiful house.

I'd set up trust funds for both of the kids...not to be touched until they are 31, yup, I thought a lot about this, and I have reasons for setting that age...

They would also both have college funds set up...money or not, they better go to collage...money doesn't last forever...

the charities that I hold important would of course recieve large contributions.

my brother and brother in law would also get $ to help them get things settled...as well as my parents and inlaws...

I'd set a bit of the money asside to play with...more on that in a moment...

and the rest (a very large amount of it) would go into investments...if invested properly I could pretty much live happily off the interest...

With the just for fun money, I would travel...of course DL AP's would be part of that...(I do like it that much...)

the DMCA would have the suite we have talked about and one heck of a vacation

I would travel all over the world..yes visiting every Disney park in the world...and everything else I want to see...which is pretty much everything...

would we keep our jobs?

I think we would. Sort of.

My husband most likely would want to stay at his, it's his passion.

I would change mine...to the business that I have been dreaming of for years...but can't do at the moment...

if I didn't need to worry about income, I could pursue my artistic dreams...and still keep connected...

and I have a few other things I would like to do...

Yeah, I know what I would want to do with all that money...
    Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 03-04-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    procrastibating

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

The first thing I would do is drive down to San Diego and rent an apartment under my middle and last names. This I would use for my residence when I turned the ticket in, so that instead of Jim Bob Jones of Hometown, California, it would be Bob Jones of San Diego listed as the winner (not my real names, of course). The last thing I would want is for everyone to know I just won $320 million.

Then I would start thinking about how to invest it. After that would come the purchases, trips, donations and other stuff the wealth would bring me. Thinking about Disney would be pretty low on the list, although a 3 month Asia trip would follow within a few months, and there are a couple of Disney destinations there.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
    would we keep our jobs?

I think we would. Sort of.

My husband most likely would want to stay at his, it's his passion.

I would change mine...to the business that I have been dreaming of for years...but can't do at the moment...
    I think the true mark of people who really love their jobs is what they would do if they suddenly became independently wealthy. I can't imagine retiring at an early age and not having my job anymore. I love teaching and I love music. I've often said if I couldn't do what I do and get paid, I would do it as a hobby. I would certainly keep working if I suddenly won 332 million bucks.

That being said, I've read about SO many lottery winners whose lives were destroyed by suddenly coming into a huge chunk of money and not knowing what to do with it. I appreciate the posts above where people talk about investing, setting up trusts for their kids, and setting up foundations to help people in need. Keeping a level head in that situation would indeed be challenging. The important thing would be to not let that money change your character...the real you.

I, for one, wouldn't give up In-n-Out for beluga caviar.

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    disney would not fit into my life long term if I won. I wold tke a trip to the disney park in japan, but other than that I would be going other places.

the first thing I would do would be to pay off the bills then invest the rest so i could live off the interest.
    Me too, the first thing i'd do is pay off all my loans so that if i decided to spend all of the money on lollipops i'd still have my apartment left and payed for. The next thing i'd do is invite all my friends to a trip to Tokyo and stay at one of the DisneySea hotels for at least two weeks.
    Then i think i'd buy a pet T-rex and a solid gold jockstrap..

• Princess of my own world

My mom feels the same way, that if we were to win it would be with just one ticket.

If I won the lottery, I'd pay of my house and all my debt (student loans, credit cards). I'd buy my mom a house of her own (she lives with me) and a brand new car. I'd get a new car and buy a new car for my sister and her husband. Then I'd give some money to charities and my aunt. I would probably even try to buy my sister and her husband a house. There's no telling. And in all honesty Disney would be like my finishing off thing to buy APs for.

I would continue to work because I love teaching, but I could help my mom so she wouldn't have to work.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I'd buy my mom a house, I'd buy my godmom a house (decent houses, preferably Newport Beach). Then I'd probably put the rest away (because Chapman University is damn expensive and I'm gonna need it) after a couple shopping sprees.
    can I adopt you? I to would buy my parents a home, bless my african family with a new home, they live in such poverty then I would pay off all my familys bills and take in 10 more kids ( got to build me a huge home to so much posibilities so much fun .

• Volleyball Dad

Pickin' up that Black/Black Porchse 911 Turbo Carerra on the way back from the lotto office -- headed to germany/Austria for 3 months or so to get away from those who would be seeking me out.....

Building my dream home in Laguna.......( with a 12 car garage) -

and ensuring my sister/bro in law -- Mom and best friend and wife never have to work another day again.

( oh yeah, throw in adding enough DVC points for a Grand Villa 6 months a year ) - just because

oh, and work after 30 years at the same place -- my picture in the paper will suffice as my resignation...

not that I have thought about this...... :-)
    " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    can I adopt you? I to would buy my parents a home, bless my african family with a new home, they live in such poverty then I would pay off all my familys bills and take in 10 more kids ( got to build me a huge home to so much posibilities so much fun .
    Aww sure, I've already been adopted once but I don't mind being adopted again because you rock.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast