Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a Tattoo?

• Banned User

Question Got a Tattoo?

So who's got one? Share with us what it is, what's the meaning of it, how many you got..

• no flash photography...

Re: Got a Tattoo?

I have an odd looking flower on my ankle, it has no meaning other than getting drunk with a high school friend near a tattoo place was to difficult to resist. I only have one... I was 29 when I got it...

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

This one's on my arm

• Banned User

Plan to get pansies in honor of both of my parents who have died.

• curiouser and curiouser

i've got an owl on my left forearm.

• is on the rocks

I have three - red gecko on right shoulder, butterfly/tribal art on my lower back and dragon with "love" kanji on my left hip.

The gecko was the first - it's because I love all kinds of lizards, especially the gecko. I love them so much, I made it part of my business name (StudioGecko). The dragon was the second one - it's a Chinese-style dragon (good luck) and the symbolism for me is that he is guarding those I love. The butterfly/tribal art doesn't have special significance - I just really liked the artwork.
    She did it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i have five.

my first was done in 1989 and is the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon prism on my right ankle. I can't explain in words how much the Dark Side album means to me and how its helped me see my life in a new and much better way than i did prior to discovering it.

2nd was done...much later! i think 1997 and is a black and orange Ankh on my left ankle. its meaning is "Eternal Life" and something i woudlnt' mind having

3rd was done a year after the 2nd and is a semi-swirly tribal design that i just fell in love with the moment i saw it, no real meaning, just something that i instantly connected with for some reason.

both on left leg together:

4th was done...maybe 6.5 years ago and is on my right calf. it is an Eye of Horus from which the modern Rx symbol for pharmacies is derived form. It means good health, something that i haven't quite acquired just yet but strive for. The photo is right after it peeled, the blankish spot in the middle of it has since been fixed

5th was done about 4.5 years ago and is a Cadeuces symbol on my left upper arm. i got it when i finally decided to get off my hiney and work HARD to get into nursing school instead of piddling around w/classes like i had for the last 10 years. Can't find my pic of this one...will edit again if i do!

my 6th one, which i'll get once the weather here warms up a bit and i can go barefoot for a week or so, is going to be my son's footprint that they did right after he was born. He was still born at 32weeks and would have turned 4 at the end of this month. i want to have part of him with me always.

i'll edit in photos of my ink once i get them loaded into photobucket!
    Last edited by elly; 03-04-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added photos
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I have a 4 leaf clover on my right shoulder - I'm part Irish. It was my very first one, I got it almost the same day I turned 18.

I have a moon and 5 stars on my lower back, the stars representative of five women who have influenced and changed my life deeply.

I have a heart with a tribal design on my upper back, just under my neck. It's small and my personal favorite.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post

This one's on my arm
    very cool

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    I have three - red gecko on right shoulder, butterfly/tribal art on my lower back and dragon with "love" kanji on my left hip.

The gecko was the first - it's because I love all kinds of lizards, especially the gecko. I love them so much, I made it part of my business name (StudioGecko). The dragon was the second one - it's a Chinese-style dragon (good luck) and the symbolism for me is that he is guarding those I love. The butterfly/tribal art doesn't have special significance - I just really liked the artwork.
    I have a butterfly/tribal on my lower back also! I think i still have it on my space if u want to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i have five.

my first was done in 1989 and is the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon prism on my right ankle. I can't explain in words how much the Dark Side album means to me and how its helped me see my life in a new and much better way than i did prior to discovering it.

2nd was done...much later! i think 1997 and is a black and orange Ankh on my left ankle. its meaning is "Eternal Life" and something i woudlnt' mind having

3rd was done a year after the 2nd and is a semi-swirly tribal design that i just fell in love with the moment i saw it, no real meaning, just something that i instantly connected with for some reason.

4th was done...maybe 6.5 years ago and is on my right calf. it is an Eye of Horus from which the modern Rx symbol for pharmacies is derived form. It means good health, something that i haven't quite acquired just yet but strive for.

5th was done about 4.5 years ago and is a Cadeuces symbol on my left upper arm. i got it when i finally decided to get off my hiney and work HARD to get into nursing school instead of piddling around w/classes like i had for the last 10 years.

my 6th one, which i'll get once the weather here warms up a bit and i can go barefoot for a week or so, is going to be my son's footprint that they did right after he was born. He was still born at 32weeks and would have turned 4 at the end of this month. i want to have part of him with me always.

i'll edit in photos of my ink once i get them loaded into photobucket!
    pink floyd!!!

• Banned User

I'm planning on getting a light blue cross on the inside of my left hand (this week!), 28:06:42:12 on my ankle, and the symbol for Hobbit on my other ankle. All small of course.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    pink floyd!!!
    I saw Roger Waters in concert last October I LOVE Pink Floyd, my mom raised me on them.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post

This one's on my arm
    Bones evil twin brother from INDY!

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i love this one

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast