Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Angry Ice cream truck question!!!

Ok, we live in an apt by a school and well, we have a very annoying icecream truck person who parks right in front of our apt. We try and park our car so she can't, but usually she finds a way. The kids who buy from her usually fight right outside. And she blares the music. I am usually trying to rest when she comes!
    Is there anything I can do? I have called the apt complex and they won't do a thing!

• The Power To Do More

Re: Ice cream truck question!!!

Did you try calling the Police on a noise violation / domestic violence? Not saying you should but just putting "ideas" out there, you may find a better way.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by avromark View Post
    Did you try calling the Police on a noise violation / domestic violence?
    Just curious, but how would this have any correlation to domestic violence?

• That Guy

Tracy,

Contact the police and complain about the noise AND safety issue of kids running in the street, etc. You may need to ham it up. Hopefully she doesn't have the correct permits to operate (food handler, tax license, etc.)

Also, you may wish to enlist your neighbors so you guys have a louder voice. Another possible solution would be to talk to her/him and ask them to move down the street a bit.

• Minion

I was thinking of calling the police (non emergency line of course), but didn't know if it was appropriate to do so. I don't want to be mean, but it really is annoying and the kids fighting and running on our patio is not ok or safe. And it is on a corner, so it isn't that safe for the kids. We have 3 telephone boxes (big tall ones) that we park right in front of so she has to park next to that and that used to make her go up the street, but I think it is a new person and she doesn't care. She has 1 more day and then, I will call. She is lucky I am babysitting until 4pm tomorrow, or I would do it tomorrow!
    I mean, the noise is so loud I had to close the window, turn the fan up higher and the tv just to not hear the music!

• Wish I was in WDW..

My advice is to contact the police and tlel them about the noise level and the safety of the kids. They will take care of it.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Why is there a reluctance to just talk to the Ice Cream Lady (wow, it really feels weird typing that...ice cream lady...)?
    Has this been attempted? How about the company she works for? Involving the Police seems a disproportionate response.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Why is there a reluctance to just talk to the Ice Cream Lady (wow, it really feels weird typing that...ice cream lady...)?
    Has this been attempted? How about the company she works for? Involving the Police seems a disproportionate response.
    No speaka english (her)...

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    No speaka english (her)...
    So it's an Ice Cream Senorita? Wow, language barrier conflicts have the potential to turn ugly, maybe your instinct to involve the Police is spot-on. Good Luck in any case, Tracy.

• Hooterville, USA

Try code enforcement first.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Wow. And I used to jump on my bike and chase the ice cream truck for almost a mile before they saw me and would stop (they always skipped my street for some reason).

•   
    • I <3 o

Road cones or barricades where she parks.
    You can very easily abscond with some at night, not that i condonr stealing but road cones are just asking for it
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• That Guy

I recommend the police because just about every city/state has strong noise ordinances, and first and foremost that is the issue. Other issues at play include possible lack of required permits/licences, safety issues for kids, and a general quality of life. I work very closely with public safety, and they get calls for service for things a lot dumber than this. Everyone should be able to rest quietly in their homes, and not be assaulted by noise, whether it be a loud neighbor, construction noise, or the ice cream person.

• Gay Man

I had an Ice Cream truck that decided that my corner was a prime location. She would stop and just play music as the kids came home from school. It was lound, annoying and there would end up being trash all over my lawn when she would leave. I got really mad one day and cam flying out of my front door and told them to move and not park here anymore. I must've been scary because it worked. They still drive by, but they don't park here.

I would find out fron either the police department or your city what the enforcable ordinaces are. I would then print out a copy of the ordinance and give it to the Ice Cream person and tell them that you WILL report them next time they stop for an extended period of time. It doesn't matter of they don't understand. That's not your job to speak all of the languages of the world.

• Can see my car from here

Spray a whole can of ant spray on the curb right before she gets there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast