• Banned User

The Secret --- Anyone Know About This?

A gal at work brought in a DVD last week. It was called, "The Secret". She was trying to get everyone on board to watch it. Personally, I am very skeptical about this type of thing. I am a Christian and feel it may be a lot of hot air. Several watched it, felt it was just bunk, and some loved it.

Have you seen it? What do you think?

http://thesecret.tv/behind-the-secret.html

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Re: The Secret --- Anyone Know About This?

Newsweek had an article about this last week. They didn't care much for it, the book or the DVD. There is a scene in the DVD that has a woman in front of a jewelry store wishing for a necklace. Instantly the necklace appears around her neck. Good things come to those who wish for them. Give me a break!

This book has been on Oprah twice now and she has given her blessing to the thing. That means everyone wants it. I work at Barnes and Noble and we are having a difficult time keeping up with the demand. When that many people want something, (with the exception of Harry Potter) I am a bit sceptical.

I do believe you need to have a possitive attitude in life and to go out and get what you want from life. I don't need a book to tell me that.

• Gay Man

Anyone remember EST of Lifespring from the 70's and 80's? Same thing, repackaged.

• Minion

This is so weird. Someone just gave my husband this DVd to watch today. We haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I watched the 1st half of it.

I think it has to be taken with a grain of salt. I think a lot of what they say is true. Such as the importance of being thankful for what you already have and the fact that you have power over your own feelings. I personally think it is to focused on material things, but that is what a lot of people think is most important.

I was glad that this guys lent it to my hubby because I am always telling him that he needs to think more positively.