Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Can see my car from here

Have you experienced something "unexplained" or "supernatural?"

A recent thread posted here got me thinking about the bonds we develop between loved ones and friends, and about the possibility of these connections being strong enough to remain, well, forever. Here is an example I can give you from my personal experience…

A few years ago I landed in the hospital for about 4 days, and almost bought the farm. I should have been in longer, but I pulled some strings and they let me go home to finish feelin all better (I hate hospitals!) After I got home, even though I could barely get out of bed, I felt really compelled to go up and see my Mom and Dad, who lived about 5 hours away. It's weird, because that was all I could think about. I wasn't thinking about my recovery, I just wanted to get up there. My Mom's birthday was in a few days, and I decided a surprise visit would be great since I was still supposed to be in the hospital on her birthday. So off I went.

They were surprised and thrilled to see me, and we had a great visit. It made me feel better too! We went out and celebrated my Mom's birthday early, and of course the waiters all sang and gave her balloons—she was like a little kid again. We went home and looked through old pictures we hadn't seen in years, talked about relatives and just had a great time. I left the day before her birthday and made the 5 hour drive back to my house. I felt pretty beat up, but I had such a great visit with my Mom and Dad that I didn't mind.

The next morning, the phone woke me up about 6am. It was my brother calling to tell me that my Mom had just passed away. They said it was a sudden pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in her lungs.) Just like that, she was gone. She died on her birthday. If I wouldn't have had the feeling that I HAD to go up and see them when I did, I never would have had those last moments with my Mom. Something pulled me up there. I can still remember seeing her standing in the doorway with my Dad, smiling and waving as I rolled down the driveway and headed for home the day before. I'm glad I didn't know it was the last time I would ever see her alive.

I drove back up to help my Dad make arrangements and endured the painful process of going through my Mom's stuff. After a few days we finished, and I came back home with a box of keepsakes. I noticed I had even brought her driver's license home with me! The choices you make can be strange in such a painful state of mind.

A week or so passed, and my Mom was buried out here in a cemetery close to my brother and I. My Dad put his house up for sale and will be moving down here as well. Feeling very empty, I decide to look through my Mom's keepsakes. I came across her driver's license and for the first time noticed the words above her picture: "Expires 12-10-2002." That is exactly what happened to my Mom—she expired on 12-10-2002, her birthday. Those words had become prophetic. Yeah the tears welled up in my eyes (just like right now, sorry.)

So I drove to the cemetery. It was a weekday in the middle of the week. There was no one else in the cemetery except me and I sat down next to her grave, feeling numb. I just sat there for a while, feeling sorry for myself and so sad, that I started to cry. A grown man sitting all alone in the cemetery, crying. The tears kept coming and all I could think about was how much I already missed her. Then I felt something touch my back. I turned around and it was a big, red, heart shaped balloon with the words "I Love You" on it. The hair on my neck stood up! I looked around and there wasn't a person in sight. And I couldn't see anywhere that the balloon may have come from! I just sat there staring at it, and after a few moments the balloon just floated off, all the way across the cemetery and disappeared in the distance.

Now, a few years later, when I think about the balloon, I smile. Other things happened during those weeks as well, but since this is already the longest post I have ever written, I'll stop here.

I can't explain why these things happened but I'm convinced that it was more than just coincidence.

Do you think that some bonds are strong enough to punch a hole, however briefly, into this world and have an influence on events in your life?

Have any of you had a similar experience with the "unexplained" that you would like to share?

• Minion

Re: Have you experienced something "unexplained" or "supernatural?"

Thats an amazing story, thanks for sharing.
    Now, about events like that.
    I'v seen a lot of things I can't explain at a local school. The last thing that was really wierd I saw there was this man standing next to a bush.
    I'v also collected video and audio of people talking there.
    Very wierd.

• no flash photography...

yes, this has happened throughout my life. I don't know if it has anything to do with loved ones or not.

the one thing that did happen involving loved ones was the last visit I had with my grandfather. I was 12 we had said our good byes and we were leaving my grandparents house. I looked back and saw my grandfather smiling and waving from the porch. I just knew I would not see him again. I ran back and gave him a kiss, told him I loved him ....he died that week., massive heart attack.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Yes.
    When I was 11, a hairdryer that was plugged in to the wall fell in a full bathtub with me. I touched it to throw it out of the water and got the "charge" of my life.

Many people said I should have been dead - but I lived. That was about 25 years ago.

• Clearing my Calendar

1.) Bryan and I have a lot of unexplained things circling our lives together. We met on the Internet due to (cliff notes version, I'll spare the details) dreams that led us on a search for the other. Individual choices that would later, sometimes months later, enable us to find and realize we’re “the one” for the other.

2.)We have two pictures that I will have to try to find some time (they’re on film). The first is when we finally met in person for the first time. We decided to meet at Kennesaw National Park here in Georgia. It’s known for weird ghostly encounters at night. I say weird because, though it’s a battlefield from the Civil War, the encounters are eyes staring and frivolous laughter. Anyway, we took several pictures that day. One picture where we’re sitting on a rock has a prominent little gnome like creature zooming by behind us. Like it’s moving on a completely different dimension than us, and the shutter speed was just right to catch the blur. I’ll try to find it because it’s one that has to be seen to really understand.

The other picture is several years later in our first home. We’re holding hands. A beam of light completely encircles our hands as our hands go through the ring. Really cool looking!

3.) I knew my grandfather was going to die the night he died. He had been battling a form of leukemia for about five years from radiation exposure on his government job in the 50’s. He was in the hospital for a routine check-up, blood work, etc. My mom called the night before Thanksgiving to let me know he was there. I immediately asked, “Is everything okay? I don’t feel okay about this.” She said it was his usual stuff but his blood count was really low so they were keeping him for the night. I told her to tell him I loved him: she said she would.

At 2:00 am he woke up and stumbled down the hall to the nurses station where he promptly had a heart attack. They were not able to revive him. I hope he knew how much he mattered to me.

4.) And I won’t even get into the Zetas.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Are we there yet?

Wow, what a beautiful story.
    I've had similar things happen as well.
    My mother-in-law and I would carpool years ago. We had been talking about my 4-month old daughter and how her personality was already showing it's true colors. I mentioned to her: "God help us when she's 15."
    and she responded to me: "I wont be here to see it." It completely threw me off guard. I reminded her of how all the other members of her family had lived well into their 90's. After that she dropped the conversation, said goodbye to us and went home.
    That night she called my husband to ask him how he was feeling as he had a cold. They spoke, said their goodbyes and that was it.
    The next morning, we went to drop the baby off with her for the day as went to work but she wouldn't answer the door. My husband had to break into her place, and found her barely alive with the phone off the hook.
    She'd had an aneurysm. She hung on to life connected to machines for two months. She began to make her recovery as we searched for a facility to help her with therapy. She and my husband spoke and had a heart to heart. They told each other how much they loved one another and forgave each other their transgressions.
    The next day she had another aneurysm, but this one left her completely beyond recovery. Having worked as an LVN she had always made it clear that she did not want to remain on life-giving machines for her last days and so my husband signed the Do Not Resuscitate forms, the hardest thing he ever had to do and let her go. We buried her.
    About a month later we went to her graveside for the first time since the funeral. When we reached the site, I gasped when I looked down and pointed out to my husband that there was a patch of grass in the shape of a heart. I thought maybe someone had poured bleach for the effect but the grass wasn't burned. It was a lighter shade of green than the rest of the area and no other such patches could be found anywhere else. Strangely enough it brought a measure of comfort.
    What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

http://www.myspace.com/pduliere

• Clearing my Calendar

DisneylandDaddy's reminded me...

I was born 12 weeks early. My organs were severely underdevloped. I was on a respirator and had to be fed through a tube. Anyway, I also, apparently, had a lot of adnormalities in my heart and lungs and various other regions of my body. I think my Mom said it was something like eight unidentifiable problems.

They would do scans of, for instance, my heart and localize the problem. The appropriate surgeon would be notified. When he would arrive they would do one more check just to make sure they knew exactly where to go - cause I was so small and didn't want to waste time when they cut me open - the abnormality was gone! Every single time, no joke.

My grandfather that I mentioned in my first post would watch over me in ICU. After a couple of weeks, he started insisting that they should take the breathing tubes out. The nurses would calmly explain my lungs and airways were not strong enough to work on their own, but he kept on insisting. One night I gave the nurses hell. I kept pulling the tubes out of my nose until they finally realized I was doing it for a reason! I was strong enough to breath unaided. I would still stop on occasion - and my parents needed to rent special equipment when I was finally allowed to come home, just in case - but overall I knew what I was doing.
    and the stars come out,

When my daughter Kate was not quite 3 years old, she had an extrememly close bond with my husband's grandmother, who lived next door to us. Great-Grandma had cancer, and Grandpa decided to take her from California back "home" to Wisconsin one more time. While she was there, she became very ill and we knew she wouldn't return to California. About 5:30 one morning, Katie woke up and came into our bedroom. She climbed into our bed and said "Great Grandma say bye-bye. She say don't be sad". A couple of hours later, my mother-in-law knocked on our door to tell us that Grandma had died at 7:30 Wisconsin time, 5:30 California time. When we told Katie she said "I already told you she say bye to me and say Daddy don't be sad".

And once, when my son was really little he was VERY ill - high fever, hallucinations, asthma attack. I was lying on my bed with him waiting for the doctor to call back when Alex sat straight up in bed and said "Look Mommy, it's Jesus" as he pointed to the corner of the room. He then smiled really big and waved, saying "Hi, Jesus!!!" He started to get of the bed, I was hysterical, crying and saying "I'm really glad that Jesus is here watching you, but whatever you do, DON'T GO ANYWHERE WITH HIM!"
    He climbed back into the bed and told Jesus "my Mommy said no, and I have three rules of obey - quickly, quietly, and completely". He then told Jesus that he could stay and watch but please let him not be so hot. He smiled again, waved, and said goodbye.
    By the time the doctor called, his fever was reduced and his breathing was normal.

I love stories like that!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fairygoodmother View Post
    "I'm really glad that Jesus is here watching you, but whatever you do, DON'T GO ANYWHERE WITH HIM!"
    Thats a great story, i totally laughed out loud at this line haha

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

That's a really beautiful story. I have one too!

When I was 7 years old my grandfather died. We weren't very close, but my mom told me he loved me very much. He didn't talk much, he was a very intimidating figure. He was a general in the Mexican Army and was 20 years older than my grandmother! Anyway, he didn't talk much. But I always remember a feeling of love whenever I would climb all over him as a kid.

Anyway, about a year after he died I remember waking up in the middle of the night feeling like there was a weight on the edge of my bed. I sat up and I saw my grandfather there, just sitting and smiling at me. I thought I was dreaming so I rubbed my eyes and sat up fully and said outloud, "Papa?" (that's what I used to call him). He just smiled at me. I said, "What are you doing here???" I laid down and closed my eyes. I woke up later and he was gone.

• The Delicate Tinkerbell

All the time. My brother passed away in 2004 at the age of 18, so I see and hear things all the time, I know it's him. But this was my biggest one.

1/8/2005 just a few months after he passed, I was at work, having the hardest time focusing. I kept crying and crying. I finally started talking to him, I kept saying "why are you gone? I can't see you anymore.", seconds later my phone alerted me I had a text message. I assumed it was my mom or dad checking to make sure I was okay. Low and behold I opened my phone, the message came from Mathew's phone (my brother's), the text read "Watch for me". I of course got upset and figured someone was playing a nasty prank on me, so I called my mom & dad's house to see if anyone had Mat's phone. Dad said it was still locked in the safe with all of his personal items he had on him the day he got into his accident and haven't been touched since then. He took it out of the safe while I was on the phone with him and turned it on. There was NOTHING in the outbox showing a text had been sent. Yet the callback number was his phone. I have since then locked the message to look at anytime I'm feeling down.

There's also a night light in Mathew's room (it's solar powered) the night light constantly turns on and off during the day when it's light inside the room. It's the only night light in the house that does this. We will sit in his room and ask him questions and the light will flicker off and on rapidly. So we know he's in there.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltink View Post
    All the time. My brother passed away in 2004 at the age of 18, so I see and hear things all the time, I know it's him. But this was my biggest one.

1/8/2005 just a few months after he passed, I was at work, having the hardest time focusing. I kept crying and crying. I finally started talking to him, I kept saying "why are you gone? I can't see you anymore.", seconds later my phone alerted me I had a text message. I assumed it was my mom or dad checking to make sure I was okay. Low and behold I opened my phone, the message came from Mathew's phone (my brother's), the text read "Watch for me". I of course got upset and figured someone was playing a nasty prank on me, so I called my mom & dad's house to see if anyone had Mat's phone. Dad said it was still locked in the safe with all of his personal items he had on him the day he got into his accident and haven't been touched since then. He took it out of the safe while I was on the phone with him and turned it on. There was NOTHING in the outbox showing a text had been sent. Yet the callback number was his phone. I have since then locked the message to look at anytime I'm feeling down.

There's also a night light in Mathew's room (it's solar powered) the night light constantly turns on and off during the day when it's light inside the room. It's the only night light in the house that does this. We will sit in his room and ask him questions and the light will flicker off and on rapidly. So we know he's in there.
    woah. O_o that's awesome!

• Clearing my Calendar

Really awesome stories, everyone! I'm very glad everyone has shared these experiences.

Nice to know I'm not alone.
    and the stars come out,

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    One picture where we’re sitting on a rock has a prominent little gnome like creature zooming by behind us.
    Are you sure it wasn't the Travelocity gnome going to some far off exotic location?

Mine all involve my dad.

The day he died I was driving to Disneyland in the evening and a sense of calm overtook me that to this day I can't explain, and I was so NOT my normal hyper "everyone out of my way" driver when this happened. This was around 6:30pm. He had a heart attack almost exactly at that same time and in my eyes was when he died. (he was revived after 8 minutes and was "alive" for another month, but that's the moment he died to me).

After that I'd have many dreams where he'd talk to me. The phone at my moms would always ring, at least a couple times daily for a year or so, and nobody would be on the other end. This never happened before his death. Still happens on occasion she said.

I insist my dad is my guardian angel, especially when I am driving. There have been times when someone should have hit me or I should have hit someone else and for some reason it just doesn't happen. I swear he's there in the car with me.

• is on the rocks

MM - thank you for sharing your story.

And, yes - I've experienced an unexplained/supernatural thing, though not to that extent. It was when I was visiting a friend. He lived in a very old house with his parents. Their guesthouse used to be a barn. I was taking a shower and I noticed shadows flitting across a full-length mirror. I also felt like someone was watching me. Now, it was odd because it didn't freak me out or anything. This presence was just not a negative one. I just got a sense that someone was there, and curious as to who was in "his" space. My friend later told me that I wasn't the first person to sense that someone was still "living" there - just the only one that didn't get freaked out by it! The story is that the presence was that of the farmer who used to live there. He was born there, lived his whole life there, died there. My friend told me that they had gotten a strange visit from out of the blue some years back - a group of four adult siblings (the farmer's kids) who wanted to see that "dad's home was being taken care of."

My mom has experienced something too. When a very close family friend passed away after a long illness, my mom went to the house a few times to clean things up. She was in the kitchen, when she felt someone watching her. She felt someone breathing on her shoulder, and smelled a faint perfume - the same one the friend would wear. She also got a feeling of calm, like everything was okay. She turned around, but there was nobody there. After that, she was okay. Still sad, but feeling like she could let go. She told me afterwards, "Judy said good-bye to me that day."
    She did it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast