Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Well, I don't know for sure ... but it can't be pretty ... seeing as brakes are important to that whole stopping thing ...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Someone else around here is not proficient with cars...yay!

• Minion

Honestly, a person's opinion or personality is hard to gauge on a board. I know several times I have been misunderstood or called various names even though it wasn't my intention to offend or whatever... It's all about Private Messages man, they can save or start a new friendship (huh Neuhickman79 )

• CM for 4 years!

You are not mean. You just ask for rep. Which gets a bad rep from me!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Sorry about asking for rep, hehe!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    In order to clearly respond to your question, one has to define "too" mean. What is too mean? Is it kicking puppies? Stealing little girls' bikes? Ding-dong ditching little old ladies? Making faces at sick people?

OK, sorry, I was just being silly.

There will always be sensitive people who respond negatively to your views or take offense. You can only be responsible for what you say, not how someone else takes it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

I have ding-dong-ditched a lot of people before. In an apartment complex, I ran through a building, hitting doors, and ran out! It was funny!

So maybe I am a little bad. oh well.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries
    There's nothing wrong with your thoughts being known.
    As long as it's in a nice way.
    Until they don't understand what you're saying.
    Then I let them have it! :devil:

I don't like all the blah blah suck up kissy kissy parts of life. It's too much like playing games in my eyes!

And for the record, I have'nt found you mean that I recall!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    There will always be sensitive people who respond negatively to your views or take offense. You can only be responsible for what you say, not how someone else takes it.
    YOU ARE SUCH A JERK! I HATE YOUR VIEWS!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    YOU ARE SUCH A JERK! I HATE YOUR VIEWS!
    Yes, I am. And yes, you should.

And no, I can't muster up the energy to care much.

• e komo mai

I think it's okay to act out exactly how you feel every now and then. Even if it doesn't correspond to the rules of politeness... You need to let this out every now and then or it'll eat you up.

For example, over the weekend I got lectured by someone about gay rights. I was joking about the gay community and the stereotypes that we sometimes live up to. This person told me that it's nothing to joke about... ever. Okayyy... This person is about 15 years my junior and less than a year out of the closet. I felt like I didn't need a baby to tell me how grown ups act. Anyway, we had words and I told him that he needed to take out a loan and buy a sense of humor.
    Afterward, while venting with Ralphie, my rant ended up with me condemning everyone in Monterey for not having personalities nor senses of humor. It wasn't the most prudent thing for me to do, but it felt good while I did it. I apologized for calling Monterey the 'rectum of Calfornia', I really didn't mean it but it sure felt good to say...
    :devil:

I say, let it out. Release it and then let it go...

• U. B. Bold

I don't think you're mean, just forceful in your convictions (at least in the posts that I have read). I don't know your age but I assume you're early twenties or so, right? There is a tendancy I've noticed among some younger posters to be very passionate and intractable in their opinions and they often argue their points well passed the time when they should just let it go. This is not a dig at you or an insult in anyway. I was exactly that way when I was in my early twenties.

Age may or may not bring wisdom, but it will, if you're paying attention, bring perspective on just what is important and what isn't. This is, after all, only a Disney forum and nothing we say or do here is going to change the world. Its supposed to be a fun place.

Of course I may be totally wrong and off-base in my assumptions and if that's the case then just ignore all of that.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• insufferable know-it-all

I don't think you're mean, I think you're sweet.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Am I alone here? Sometimes I feel like I am a real jerk to people, if they are mean to me. Is anyone else like this?

I'm a jerk to people, even if they're nice to me.... It's a personality flaw based on being abandoned in my formative teen years combined with self-doubt about how little I've actaully acomplished despite being smarter than 99.9% of the American population....

It's also a great way to meet women...
    Did I mention how women are constantly hitting on me? I find the bigger a butt-face I am, the more way-hot women want me. Doesn't work on these boards, but at the (stompy-industrial, goth, noise, etc) dance clubs I go to, I'm a freakin' chick magnet.... mostly because I'm a big jerk.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    I'm a jerk to people, even if they're nice to me.... It's a personality flaw based on being abandoned in my formative teen years combined with self-doubt about how little I've actaully acomplished despite being smarter than 99.9% of the American population....

It's also a great way to meet women...
    Did I mention how women are constantly hitting on me? I find the bigger a butt-face I am, the more way-hot women want me. Doesn't work on these boards, but at the (stompy-industrial, goth, noise, etc) dance clubs I go to, I'm a freakin' chick magnet.... mostly because I'm a big jerk.
    Unfortunately, this is true only of a very certain TYPE of woman. Ones with very low self esteem and serious issues. Any decent woman looks for a man who can treat her courteously and kindly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Passive agressive?
    Someone's talking to you, and you just ignore them.... It is a way of telling them that what they are saying is unimportant, but passively rather than straight out saying it.

Or, you know someone is into something, say they like Country Music.... And then you make a comment, not directed at them, but made to someone else but when you are sure they will overhear, "People that like Country Music are just a bunch of inbread, uncouth, ignorant red-necks". You're rippin' on the person (being agressive)without coming right out and doing it directly(pretending to be passive).

I work with a lady that is the queen of passive agressive. At status meetings, she say whatever she'd been working on, but say it in a way that let you know she felt the boss was too stupid to understand what was really going on.

Once, she was talking with the person across the aisle from me and was saying crap about how EVERY guy that has ever been in the military is a complete socially inept loser.... knowing that I had spent 8 years in the Navy and another 6 years reserves. I came back with comments that every woman that had grown up in Nebraska was such a hick that they wouldn't know socially inept unless they first looked in a mirror...... She's from Nebraska but likes to act as if she's from Berkley (where she lived for 4 years before moving to Phoenix for the lower cost of living).

She was being passive agressive, and I slapped her back down with a healthy dose of flat out, straight up agression.

Her real problem is that she wants me bad, but I'd never give her the time of day. .

Her pent up frustration at not being able to get a guy because she acts like she has a stick up her back-side, (while an uncouth, ex-military guy like me has to beat women off with a stick) causes her to act out in a passive agressive manner.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast