Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16

    •   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Not quite here.
    Posts
    21,324

    Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

    It would end all religious beliefs as I know them. If there were other races able to reach us, that would pretty much make them more advanced than we are. I'd think that this would have been something God would have mentioned in a truthful Bible, and it would convince me that the Bible was false.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

  2. #17

    • Can see my car from here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    740

    Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

    Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
    How does this change your view of life? Of our planet? Of your own personal faith or beliefs?

    I wonder about this sometimes. What would happen if say, today, we finally recieve some sort of contact from an alien race that's on another planet like ours. What happens next? What happens when the age old question is finally answered: "Are we alone?"
    Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!

    If you like to read I can recommend Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End." It's science fiction and deals with this scenario in a really unique way. There was actually a TV series loosely based on the book in the 80's, but "loosely" here means like "Paris Hilton loosely"...pick up the paperback, its entertaining...alright maybe not as entertaining as Hillary Clinton in a tin-foil hat (and that's not the only place she wears tin-foil), but a fun read.

    Arthur C. Clarke also wrote 2001: A Space Odyssey doncha know...
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

  3. #18

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,716

    Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    First, I'd breathe a heavy sigh of relief that that's one big question answered.

    Then I'd probe their hopefully more profound wisdom and capacity for much higher thought and ask the most important question facing society today:

    Did Snape kill Dumbledore because he's really a bad guy or was he just doing what Dumbledore wanted him to?
    I thought Malfoy killed Dumbledore?

  4. #19

    • Clearing my Calendar
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    T.A.R.D.I.S.
    Posts
    3,056

    Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

    Malfoy couldn't do it. Snape AKed Dumbledore.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."






  5. #20

    • Head Postmaster of Random
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...
    Posts
    1,315

    Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

    Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
    Maybe Tom Cruise would just come and save us all.
    doesnt he work with the aliens...weird why would he betray them


    annnyways if aliens came down id start building a shelter...underground bunker type thing...and buy up all the guns ammo and food i can haah
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."


    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

  6. #21

    • Head Postmaster of Random
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...
    Posts
    1,315

    Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    It would end all religious beliefs as I know them. If there were other races able to reach us, that would pretty much make them more advanced than we are. I'd think that this would have been something God would have mentioned in a truthful Bible, and it would convince me that the Bible was false.
    not so sure about that...the bible mostly talks about earth, it never covers the outreaches of the universe really...i mean it says "we are created his image" who says he/she didnt try other beings first...my .02 of course my bible studies are a bit off heh...anywayssss
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."


    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

  7. #22

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,064
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

    Quote Originally Posted by mousephreak23 View Post
    not so sure about that...the bible mostly talks about earth, it never covers the outreaches of the universe really...i mean it says "we are created his image" who says he/she didnt try other beings first...my .02 of course my bible studies are a bit off heh...anywayssss
    According to Dogma (Kevin Smith is a valid source, no?) She went through a few Adams getting things rights, namely She can't speak directly to us.

    Anybody who wants further clarification on Jesus and aliens should check out The Urantia Book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] Santa Ana Zoo Endangered Species Carousel
    By techskip in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
  2. Pictures of the Alien that use to be in Alien Encounter?
    By A Disney Dreamer in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 12:22 PM
  3. PA Judge Bans Teaching Intelligent Design
    By desertdweller in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 12:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •