Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacted us

How does this change your view of life? Of our planet? Of your own personal faith or beliefs?

I wonder about this sometimes. What would happen if say, today, we finally recieve some sort of contact from an alien race that's on another planet like ours. What happens next? What happens when the age old question is finally answered: "Are we alone?"

Maybe Tom Cruise would just come and save us all.

I'd basically freak out, lol. I'd be so excited, but...scared as heck.

• Banned User

Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

well, I would difinatly take cover, find a hole for me and the kids to crawl in and ( with food and water) and hide ! reminds me of the movie war of the worlds!

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Re: Here's the situation; Some type of alien intelligent species has finally contacte

but what if they were friendly martians!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
    but what if they were friendly martians!!!

well they can be friends with everyone else I would not take any chances. Not sure I ever saw a movie with friendly aliens. no way I am getting zapped

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    well they can be friends with everyone else I would not take any chances. Not sure I ever saw a movie with friendly aliens. no way I am getting zapped
    Now they could easily be cute little E.T. or Close Encounter aliens...

• Blind to His Own Faults

I'm with Hakuna on this one. But I would find a hole without Tim Robbins in it.

Since no Religious tome states we represent the only example of Godly Creation, I don't believe it would affect my beliefs, as it poses no direct contradiction. Interesting post!

I hope they don't look like this, though...

• Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I'm with Hakuna on this one. But I would find a hole without Tim Robbins in it.

Since no Religious tome states we represent the only example of Godly Creation, I don't believe it would affect my beliefs, as it poses no direct contradiction. Interesting post!

I hope they don't look like this, though...
    Hers is that big too? http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/lowfi/18/inc.wav

• See you there!

How does this change your view of life? Of our planet? Of your own personal faith or beliefs?

I wonder about this sometimes. What would happen if say, today, we finally recieve some sort of contact from an alien race that's on another planet like ours. What happens next? What happens when the age old question is finally answered: "Are we alone?"

... snip
    This would not change my belief system as I do not believe that the inhabitants of this little planet are the only ones in the entire universe. I further do not beileve that any religeous book ever said that we are the only intelligent beings in the universe.

All that said, I used to think, how wonderful when we finally have contact with another species, but recently I have began to rethink that ideal. The reason is what Steven Hawking said and caused me to think. He said, that we should be careful of contact with others, just look at how contact with other peoples on our own planet usually does not turn out well. If we look back at what happened when more advanced societies (think Spainish in in their world exploration or the exploration of the USA and what happened to the indigenous folks, (the Indians, Native Americans)).

So the folks running and ducking for cover may be doing the safe, smart thing.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    you'll notice it appears to be bigger than Gingrich's...

• Damn Good Burger!

I saw a docudrama called "Men In Black" and it's second installment "Men in Black II". We should all be thankful that we have a government operation that protects us from the bad aliens. From what I know about aliens, it's a fairly aacurate portayal of them. Excuse me now, I must create another foil helmet and put more newspaper on the windows.

• Beep Beep!

Luckily they're all contained out at Area 51....
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• Clearing my Calendar

I believe they've already contacted us. So my spiritual and religious beliefs (I'm assuming that is what is meant by beliefs), technically, have already modified to that. Not that I needed to make a lot of modifications anyway.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Maybe Tom Cruise would just come and save us all.
    I'd be praying that they take him with them!

• Banned User

First, I'd breathe a heavy sigh of relief that that's one big question answered.

Then I'd probe their hopefully more profound wisdom and capacity for much higher thought and ask the most important question facing society today:

Did Snape kill Dumbledore because he's really a bad guy or was he just doing what Dumbledore wanted him to?

Intelligence is relative.

What if they knew how to build ships that could take them across galaxies, yet couldn't figure out how that Fastpass business works?

We'd have 'em mowing our lawns in no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast