Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

It's Almost Spring!

Spring is in the air! What are some of your favorite things about the forthcoming season?

• Senior Minion

Re: It's Almost Spring!

Spring is in the air? It's 40 degrees outside, I don't see Spring anytime soon according to the forecast.

But I like that everything is blooming and King's Island opens (at least on the weekends, until Memorial Day), so it gives me something to do. That and I can get rid of my winter coat for a few months.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Spring is in the air? It's 40 degrees outside, I don't see Spring anytime soon according to the forecast.

But I like that everything is blooming and King's Island opens (at least on the weekends, until Memorial Day), so it gives me something to do. That and I can get rid of my winter coat for a few months.
    This is true. It's foggy here...and chilly....but soon the fog will burn off and the sun will break through to a lovely day in the mid 70's. So, I guess that's what I am 'looking at' in my mind.

• Minion

It won't officially be Spring here in Michigan until June 15th, give or take a day.

• Banned User

I LOVE SPRING. It's my favorite season anywhere. Here in New York, Spring is especially beautiful in Manhattan and Central Park. Trees along the streets, especially down between 14th Street and Washington Square Park, are blooming with flowers. The City plants tulips all up and down Park Avenue. Central park is blooming with flowering trees, lillys, tulips, irises. It's the prettiest season in the city. A "pet peeve" of mine is that people don't get that Spring does not begin until March 20-21st and doesn't end until June 20-21st. I hate when people say it's "Summer" right after Memorial Day. NO! It's still SPRING!!!!! (and when people say it's "Fall" right after Labor Day - no, it's still Summer until September 20-21st). I think Spring is in my blood since I was a late Spring baby - born June 10th.

After Spring, my favorite season is Summer. I hate Fall (or Autumn) because the days are getting shorter and shorter, and I hate Winter living in NYC (In L.A. Winter obvisouly isn't so bad - I used to live in L.A.). At least during Winter though, from December 21st (first day of winter) onwards, the days are getting longer again.

But yeah, my mood really elevates during Spring. Spring makes me happy!

• Clearing my Calendar

I love that the wind/breezes pick up in Spring. There's nothing better than a cool breeze caressing your face and neck.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Springtime means more cute and funny pics of DisneylandBaby like the one in daddy's avatar!

And living in the valley, it means a teaser to a torturous summer! God I have to move out of this over populated disaster!!!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

My favorite thing about Spring is putting away the wool sweaters and turtlenecks! It gets to this point each year that I long for t-shirts and light jackets. Here in Pittsburgh, that could come true on the first day of Spring this year. It should be 70 degrees here on Wednesday. But, this being Pittsburgh, it could still snow, like it did last week. Ah, to live in Florida or California!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Spring is gone and past. It is summer here now. 85 degrees all week.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    Spring is gone and past. It is summer here now. 85 degrees all week.

I wish summers would only by 85
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• no flash photography...

spring is my favorite time of year, my fruit trees are blooming and stuff is popping up in the garden. I will start my summer garden soon and there are so many things to photograph outside...

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I was born in Los Angeles and so this mild weather (with the occasional exception) is all I've ever known. Two years ago a friend and I toured the East coast and we spent a full day on our own in New York city. It was during Easter vacation and still cold, but we loved it!

I just noticed today that my rose bushes out front are full of buds. And they look really healthy. I hope I have a good crop this year.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    Springtime means more cute and funny pics of DisneylandBaby like the one in daddy's avatar!
    Ha
    Thank you!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    I wish summers would only by 85
    I know! When I was a kid growing up in Orange County, it was big news if it was in the upper 90's during the summertime. Now, living in Corona, were a bit more inland.......and a typical summer day is in the 100's. Last year, my then-pregnant wife hosted a baby shower for our friend and it was 114 degrees and probably the most humid day we've seen in years. HORRIBLE!

• no flash photography...

yeah, I live in the high desert and we get 110+ and last summer was the worst I can remember. We rarely use our air conditioning. I think we turned it on about 5 times last year. We are, or have been, lucky...we have a dry heat. i hate humidity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast