Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• Mexihick, y'all

Re: Anyone want to join me in a weightloss goal?

Good for you, Osky.

• I am a Pluto lover

Migo

Yep.. thats my problem. I was brought up in a "clean your plate" family.
    We ate a veggie, meat, and a side, usually noodles or potatoes. We ate dessert too. This is the mode Im in now It is all "convience" food too. Noodle Roni and such.

I need to retrain myself now and find filling healthy foods that wont break the bank and still satisfy myself and a 17 year old boy.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Mexihick, y'all

My husband was as well. I now have him semi-trained that he doesn't have to do that. I like to leave enough food on my plate to have lunch the next day.

Healthy foods. Do you enjoy cooking? 24Hr Fitness' website has wonderfully easy and good recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    Migo

We ate a veggie, meat, and a side, usually noodles or potatoes. We ate dessert too. This is the mode Im in now It is all "convience" food too. Noodle Roni and such.

I need to retrain myself now and find filling healthy foods that wont break the bank and still satisfy myself and a 17 year old boy.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    So was I. I was always told that food should never go to waste. I still believe in that, but I realized the way it's supposed to be spelled:

"Food should never go to waist."

I had a problem with eating way too much. How I got used to my small portions, without feeling hungry/deprived - I started off with frozen meals, especially the ones by Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, and Weight Watchers. Those aren't the best things to eat all the time, but as a start, it helped to shrink my tummy (that took about 3 days, and boy, was I moody), and also helped train my body and mind to recognize those reduced portions as full meals.

Now, I'm at the point that I can eat/cook whatever and tell at a glance how much is the proper serving size.

I used to polish off 3-4 scoops of ice cream in one sitting. Now, I can just get through one, and that packs me full. I used to eat a 12-ounce steak without a problem, and now I'm full at less than half of that when dining out. As you can see, I'm certainly not deprived, and I always feel satisfied and full.

I also only eat until I'm full, but not stuffed. The energy increase is amazing, because my body isn't devoting all of it to processing down excess food.

• Huh?

As for 1200 calories a day for me... I'm not gonna do it. I'm listening to my nurse sister who know a lot more about nutrition and such. 1800 is a little more of a realistic diet than the starvation of 1200.

About 1800 is what I did today and I'm feeling very week and hungry. But, because I can't eat anything for 12 hours before going in to get the scope done, I'll be in hunger pain for the next day!
    -Tim

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    it was a brown mush burrito...

I think its supposed to be beef and bean.
    Thanks for clarifying. And I like that name; a brown mush burrito

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    I officially reached my first goal of 10 pounds today.

I have about 80 to lose in all, so I broke it down into 10-pound goals. So, today, I begin working towards the second goal.

I eat 4-5 small meals per day, which pretty much eliminates snacking needs. My meals total 200-300 calories each.

And, I take two days per week to eat up to 2,200 calories, which is a maintenance level for me. That way, I can party/celebrate/indulge, and still keep on track, all the while keeping steady on the weight loss and training myself to eat properly for life.

I like your plan! Are you giving yourself a reward after meeting a small goal? during Weight Watchers I set up a goal/reward plan. I get myself flowers after I lose 5 pounds and hubby agreed to take me out to a movie after 10. I think I will adopt that policy again.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    This has nothing to do with anything, but I keep reading the title of this thread as, "Anyone want to join me in a weightless pool?"

It drives me nuts.

Anyway, good luck to you weight losers!!!
    that's funny!!
    Thanks for the well wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    Thanks. I have actually been doing a lot of yard work, I was going to go for a walk today but now it's raining. I am going to get on my treadmill instead.

Way to go!

I have also broken my goals into 10 lbs each. I only have 2 more lbs. to reach my first 10. Trying to reach that last 2 pounds is really keeping me motivated. If I think of it as having to lose another 42, I just feel overwhelmed.
    Agree on feeling overwhelmed... I do better with the small increments.

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    How did I miss this thread?

Last May, I was pushing 300. I might have been over 300, but I don't know because I wouldn't step on the scale. After a few weeks of eating better and easing into cycling, I weighed in at 295, and 36.5% body fat. It is now about 10 months later, and I am 260 and about 28% body fat. Will know next week for sure. Got a long way to go, but people tell me I no longer look super fat.
    Congrats on the progress and it sounds like a life style change that will never let you get back to that place (my threshold was 205 but after gestational diabetes and being healthy for my little girl I believe that even if I start to fall back in to old habbits, I will never get back to that level).
    Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    As for 1200 calories a day for me... I'm not gonna do it. I'm listening to my nurse sister who know a lot more about nutrition and such. 1800 is a little more of a realistic diet than the starvation of 1200.

About 1800 is what I did today and I'm feeling very week and hungry. But, because I can't eat anything for 12 hours before going in to get the scope done, I'll be in hunger pain for the next day!
    Good Luck and tell us how everything went!

• Quality not quantity

Day two - No outward signs of stress yet.

I'm thinking a 1/2 Mile walk (each way) to the Sushi bar for lunch might not be a bad plan. Sushi can't be too bad can it? Humm perhaps I better google that one just in case....

Also has anyone read or tried the "You on a diet" book/program? I'm thinking of picking up a copy today. The big 'O' herself seems to speak highly of it.

I saw a short article on it, based on that breakfast today was a 1 Cup serving of high fiber cereal with frozen blueberries on top and some skim milk. Quite tasty if I do say so myself.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sueb View Post
    Good Luck and tell us how everything went!
    I must've got appointments mixed up. They did ultrasound on me.

Good news! I'm not pregnant!

Took my blood, too. Waiting for results.
    -Tim

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    I'm thinking a 1/2 Mile walk (each way) to the Sushi bar for lunch might not be a bad plan. Sushi can't be too bad can it? Humm perhaps I better google that one just in case....
    Depends on what you order...you can do some serious calorie damage if you're not careful. Sashimi is really good since it's just raw fish and you can dip it in the soy sauce and wasabi , but use the loo sodium version. If you want to get even lower on sodium , you can dip it in Braggs Aminos which taste almost as good. Don't get tempura or anything else that's deep fried. If you get a salad , make sure it's not drenched in the peanut dressing, but some dressing is fine. And sunomono is good since it's mostly cucumbers and rice vinegar. White rice is high on the glycemic index if you'e trying to keep your blood sugar down, so I wouldn't sit there and eat the entire bowl of it, but a little bit in the sushi rolls ia proabably okay. And miso soup is good for you, but again, high in sodium so drink lots of water with lemon in it to help counteract it. I go out for sushi pretty often and I never lose weight from it, but I never gain weight from it either and I always feel really good after I eat it!

I bet the 1/2 mile walk each way for it is what will make you lose weight. Hmmmm, maybe I should start walking to get my sushj since it's about 2 1/2 miles away from my house!

Good job surviving da 2 by the way!

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Don't get tempura or anything else that's deep fried. .... And miso soup is good for you...
    Yeah, I really like the crispy tempura shrip they serve, but today it's cancel the shrimp and add a miso soup in it's place.

Thanks.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• I am a Pluto lover

Blew it this morning.. someone brough Girl Scout Thin Mints, and I was doing so good. I walked away from the doughnuts this morning and now...4 Thin Mints..

Im thinking it will be a double workout night tonight...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Mexihick, y'all

You didn't blow it, you had 4 freakin' thin mints. Big deal.

• Quality not quantity

Ca'Ching!

Another great benefit to all this healthy eating. Some of the fat is going into my wallet. I'm saving between $2 and $8 a day just on lunch!

So with that new found wealth, I went and got me a $1 Megamillions ticket. Please root for 17 19 39 41 49 [27] in the big drawing tonight!

-Mark Twain

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    You didn't blow it, you had 4 freakin' thin mints. Big deal.
    .... I have been able to resist those for longer than I thought I could... now I really want one. glad there are none around.

but there are dark chocolate m&m's. I'll just eat my apple.

• Mexihick, y'all

Or you could eat your apple and have 10 M&M's. Don't not eat the things you want, folks!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast