Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

• Quality not quantity

Re: Anyone want to join me in a weightloss goal?

Quote Originally Posted by sueb View Post
    Any advice on how to deal with a "friend" who just inadvertently insulted me and really depressed me to thinking that I am much bigger than I think I am and why bother anymore? Here's the story:
    This is a person who has been fighting weight issues her whole adult life; has diabetes, had back surgery, etc. She is currently 90 lbs. down from her max and is excited about her progress. She just offered me her "fat clothes"!! Now, I am 5 inches taller than she is and at least 30 lbs. lighter. She did explain that she hasn't hemmed up these pants, but ...!!! I keep thinking, "am I that big?" Trying to put it out of my mind... maybe venting here will help. Thanks for listening.
    You could go with:

"Ohhh, that's a sweet thought, but our house already has all the drapes we need"
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    You could go with:

"Ohhh, that's a sweet thought, but our house already has all the drapes we need"
    !!!!!

• Directly directed

Any advice on how to deal with a "friend" who just inadvertently insulted me and really depressed me to thinking that I am much bigger than I think I am and why bother anymore? Here's the story:
    This is a person who has been fighting weight issues her whole adult life; has diabetes, had back surgery, etc. She is currently 90 lbs. down from her max and is excited about her progress. She just offered me her "fat clothes"!! Now, I am 5 inches taller than she is and at least 30 lbs. lighter. She did explain that she hasn't hemmed up these pants, but ...!!! I keep thinking, "am I that big?" Trying to put it out of my mind... maybe venting here will help. Thanks for listening.
    That's awful! Are you close enough to tell her that that hurt your feelings?

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Yes, I am, but I'm afraid that I might insult or depress her and sabotage her progress. I do plan on saying something (because it's beginning to fester), but I'm trying to decide if I should point out that I (and others) think that her body self image is out of whack and possibly to a dangerous level. She has gained some weight back and I'm afraid that she might be saying that she's healthy enough. make sense?

• Directly directed

Yup. I did really well yesterday and I'm doing good so far today. This thread really helps to keep me accountable. I want to be able to put in my good progress. And I'm down 2 lbs from the start of the thread.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Yup. I did really well yesterday and I'm doing good so far today. This thread really helps to keep me accountable. I want to be able to put in my good progress. And I'm down 2 lbs from the start of the thread.
    Congrats!!! I think that's why I started this... accountability. (without co-workers nagging).
    I had Chinese at lunch; not a great choice but I did keep half for dinner tonight. Smaller portions.... And I did walk for 35 minutes; it was a beautiful day.
    Last edited by sueb; 03-30-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling

• Huh?

Good news! I've lost 4 pounds since I started about 10 days ago!
    -Tim

• Quality not quantity

I've had to fine tune things cake , my initial weight loss was a bit burger too fast. My body was starting to fries rebell. I was having subliminal corn-dog cravings So I loosened up just a bit but I am still way way way down from what I was consuming and making good progress.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Directly directed

I for sure had movie theater popcorn but I had a small, I shared it and had it without butter and according to CalorieKing.com and my points finder that's around 8 points so I still have 8 left. Which is really really good. And I went for an hour power walk.

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post

Yea for you!!!! That is so cool! Way too go!

Ive only lost 1 pound this week. Much better than gaining though!

Im sooo happy for you!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Circle of Ancients

Yesterday's long walk helped; down a pound.

How is everyone doing?
    Good job Sue B!

I had to eat out a lot the last few days , but I made mostly good choices. However, the salt always kills me as it doesn't take much for me to retain water weight.

I'm doing good today. A serving of cheerios for breakfast, a small glass of grapefruit juice, a granola bar and some raisins for a snack, a long 45 minute power walk and I still have yet to eat lunch. I don't have a scale, just a tape measure and how my clothes fit. Currently I'm wearing my white capris which are super tight. I'm hoping they'll stretch out.
    Sounds like you had a great day and you are very brave to wear white capris!

I had an interesting experience last night. I went to my first social event since I got serious about being a loser, a neighborhood poker party. I ended up watching a guy with about my same build and seeing my former self in his actions. Make a bet, grab a few chips, get a card take a sip of coke, fold, munch down an appetizer or two, repeat for hours on end completely on autopilot. Ouch. As I started to mentally figure out how much junk food he was really eating it was staggering.
    I've seen a lot of women do the same thing at Bunco games. In fact, I know women who have stopped playing because they were gaining too much weight from it.

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    ok... Im so happy today. I actually think my stomach has "shrunk" Ive been doing good with my meals and working out. Today I met an old friend for lunch. We went to Jack in the Box. I knew I shouldnt but I broke down and ordered the Jumbo Jack meal. I COULD NOT FINISH IT!!!!! I could ususally eat all the fries, hamburger and an eggroll and still eat dessert. I couldnt even finish the hamburger! I was sooo happy! I also had my first soda in over a week and it tasted BLAH!

I know, what a thing to get excited about, but for me, fast food queen, this is HUGE!

Thanks for listening!
    That's great that your stomach has shrunk and that you're WANTING smaller portions!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMinnie View Post
    I want to lose some weight too! Any advice?
    We've all got lots of tips to share , but I think the bottom line is just eat less and exercise more!

Any advice on how to deal with a "friend" who just inadvertently insulted me and really depressed me to thinking that I am much bigger than I think I am and why bother anymore?

When you feel that way , just tell yourself "This is the last time I ever going to weigh this much, I am never going to see this number on the scale again" and then make it true. Even if you just lose 1/8 of a pound by the next day, it will be true!

Here's the story:

She sounds like she has a distorted body image which is not uncommon with people with weight issues. If she's the kind of person you can talk openly with , you might say something like "I'm really proud of you and your success and I 'm really proud of me and my success. I think we are both doing great and rather than giving our hand me downs to each other since we are built completely differently, I think we should just get rid of them so that neither of us will ever be tempted to wear these sizes again."

You could go with:

LOL

But if she says something like "How could you think these clothes would fit me? " she might hurt her feelings right back. I know two gals who are built completely differently than our local Jazzercize teacher and yet both of these gals think their bodies look just like hers. It's just distorted body image ...I'm sure this friend of Sue B's wasn't intentionally trying to be mean or hurt her feelings. Two things that can help people get more familiar with how they actually look are :

1. Taking lots of pictures side by side with other people they know well

2. Taking a large piece of butcher paper and drawing what they think they look like on it and then lying down on it and having someone trace around them so they can see what they actually look like and how far they are off!

Yes, I am, but I'm afraid that I might insult or depress her and sabotage her progress. I do plan on saying something (because it's beginning to fester), but I'm trying to decide if I should point out that I (and others) think that her body self image is out of whack and possibly to a dangerous level. She has gained some weight back and I'm afraid that she might be saying that she's healthy enough. make sense?
    Makes sense. I understand why you feel upset , but you might just need to let this one go . Good luck!

I remember a co worker saying to me "I think I'm smaller boned than you." And then I said to her " I think I'm smaller boned than you , but just more overweight than you right now" and then she said to me "I don't want to compare our bodies with each other" and then I said to her "Then why did you start this conversation the way you did?" LOL Then we just let it drop!

Great job!!!

• I am a Pluto lover

So, if anyone is looking for a workout video..

Ive been using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds, 5 day fit walk.

There is a different workout for each day. Yesterday I tried day 4, Walk and Kick. Its mainly a walking workout but she incorporates a small bit of kickboxing. and let me tell you, it works! I really felt it this morning...

I did the workout again tonight. A little harder to do tonight but I realize it wont get easy if dont keep doing it. The workout is actually fun and you do feel like you are doing something towards your weight lose goal.

Excuse me now while I go find the Ben-Gay...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• I'd rather be @ D-land

You are such a LOSER!!! I'm kinda jealous!
    I've had to fine tune things cake , my initial weight loss was a bit burger too fast. My body was starting to fries rebell. I was having subliminal corn-dog cravings So I loosened up just a bit but I am still way way way down from what I was consuming and making good progress.
    !! Its like you were watching me this weekend - except replace corndog with meatloaf.....!
    I for sure had movie theater popcorn but I had a small, I shared it and had it without butter and according to CalorieKing.com and my points finder that's around 8 points so I still have 8 left. Which is really really good. And I went for an hour power walk.
    Good job!!! I would rationalize, "if I'm going to do popcorn... I'm going to do it right!" and proceed to put on butter.. "a little"
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Good job Sue B!
    Thanks

I had to eat out a lot the last few days , but I made mostly good choices. However, the salt always kills me as it doesn't take much for me to retain water weight.
    Mostly good choices... great!

She sounds like she has a distorted body image which is not uncommon with people with weight issues. If she's the kind of person you can talk openly with , you might say something like "I'm really proud of you and your success and I 'm really proud of me and my success. I think we are both doing great and rather than giving our hand me downs to each other since we are built completely differently, I think we should just get rid of them so that neither of us will ever be tempted to wear these sizes again."

I like that idea; I'll hold on to that if the topic comes up again. otherwise I think I might let it go.

But if she says something like "How could you think these clothes would fit me? " she might hurt her feelings right back. I know two gals who are built completely differently than our local Jazzercize teacher and yet both of these gals think their bodies look just like hers. It's just distorted body image ...I'm sure this friend of Sue B's wasn't intentionally trying to be mean or hurt her feelings. Two things that can help people get more familiar with how they actually look are :

1. Taking lots of pictures side by side with other people they know well

2. Taking a large piece of butcher paper and drawing what they think they look like on it and then lying down on it and having someone trace around them so they can see what they actually look like and how far they are off!

Makes sense. I understand why you feel upset , but you might just need to let this one go . Good luck!
    Thanks!
    I remember a co worker saying to me "I think I'm smaller boned than you." And then I said to her " I think I'm smaller boned than you , but just more overweight than you right now" and then she said to me "I don't want to compare our bodies with each other" and then I said to her "Then why did you start this conversation the way you did?" LOL Then we just let it drop!

!!

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    So, if anyone is looking for a workout video..

Ive been using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds, 5 day fit walk.

There is a different workout for each day. Yesterday I tried day 4, Walk and Kick. Its mainly a walking workout but she incorporates a small bit of kickboxing. and let me tell you, it works! I really felt it this morning...

I did the workout again tonight. A little harder to do tonight but I realize it wont get easy if dont keep doing it. The workout is actually fun and you do feel like you are doing something towards your weight lose goal.

Excuse me now while I go find the Ben-Gay...

Sounds good... I might try it. Is there stretching on the video?

• I'd rather be @ D-land

How is everyone doing?
    I had a long weekend of mostly bad choices... some good ones. so far so good today and I will walk!!!!

• Quality not quantity

Not that it's all that important at this stage of life but I have noticed that all this healthy eating is doing good things for my complexion. <- Can I say that and still maintain my manly man persona?

-Mark Twain

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast