Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Re: Anyone want to join me in a weightloss goal?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I wanna lose 20lbs too so I'll join you. My bio-mom just moved into a new place that has a gym so I'm taking advantage of that and trying to work out alot more.
    Cool. I see that this could be a place to check in every now and then for extra motivation. keep me posted

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    Im in... Im going to DLR in June and need to lose weight before that, ( I need to lose 100lbs total)

Ive been slowly changing my diet and doing an in home workout video.

Let the weight loss begin!
    Hope to see you there! My big picture goal is ~55 pounds. This first twenty is the first step.
    Last edited by sueb; 03-20-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sueb View Post
    Cool. I see that this could be a place to check in every now and then for extra motivation. keep me posted
    Very true. I know there are days when I just want to skip my routine or give in, but I try to think of my goal and that usually helps ... then again there are days when that doesn't.

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Very true. I know there are days when I just want to skip my routine or give in, but I try to think of my goal and that usually helps ... then again there are days when that doesn't.

If Im having a really bad "I dont want to work out day", I pop in my Day @ Disneyland video to remind myself that I would like to make it through the park without being so tired...
    Last edited by MellyMouse; 03-20-2007 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• I'd rather be @ D-land

If Im having a really bad "I dont want to work out day", I pop in my Day @ Disneyland video to remind myself that I would like to make it through the park without being so tired...
    I like that idea...

• Circle of Ancients

I am planning a trip to Southern California in mid-June and want to loose 20 pounds by then. (Parents have a pool and I will have to put on a bathing suit). My reward to myself if I meet this goal will be an annual passport. Anyone else trying to shrink? Would love to share motivation.
    I'd love to share motivation tips with you!

I 've had a 27 pound goal since last spring...lost 17 of it and got stuck for a while , gained back some and am now losing again...it's challenging!

I was planning on focussing smaller portions and more exercise. But I was hoping this could be a place to share plans, successes, inspirations, because today I feel motivated, but there are those other days. I have tried many plans and believe that any of them can work; I just have to find the one or the parts of many that I can live with for the rest of my life.
    It sounds like you have a good plan. I think motivation is really important and I have to remind myself daily what my motivation is or I will lose my focus.

My two biggest challenges with food/drink are appetizers and alcohol. And with exercise, I love it when I do it but have to make sure to not stop doing it or I can get lazy.

My biggest victories in the last 6 weeks were getting back in shape with my trainer, giving up Diet Pepsi completely , and getting back into some of my size 10's!

My hubby's support and the support of others has been extremely helpful , especially on days when I felt discouraged!

You can do this Sue B...just take it a day at a time!!!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I was planning on focussing smaller portions and more exercise. .....I just have to find the one or the parts of many that I can live with for the rest of my life.
    The smaller portions/increased activity has worked very well for me. The first couple days were tough, because it was a huge adjustment, but now I'm so used to it, it's just a way of life for me, without even having to think about it. I don't deprive myself of anything - I still eat ice cream, burgers, etc. But, it's how often I eat that stuff, and most importantly how much I eat of it. Because I have my treats as desired, I don't ever feel a need to binge.

The key is to not "diet", but change your lifestyle. Diets are temporary fixes - they're not designed for longterm use, especially because the diet industry would like to rely on repeat business. My weight went up and down for over a decade, because I was always trying to "diet". But now, I've changed my habits and thought processes - I eat to live, not live to eat.

And don't punish yourself for having a week or two of no number loss. Some weeks, I lose very little weight or none at all, but my size has gone down and/or my energy has increased. Your body can and will do a number of things, including retaining water, building muscle (which weighs a lot more than fat), and other processes. Always look at the big picture and how far you've come.

• Mexihick, y'all

Disneyphile knows what she's talking about.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    I'd love to share motivation tips with you!

I 've had a 27 pound goal since last spring...lost 17 of it and got stuck for a while , gained back some and am now losing again...it's challenging!

It sounds like you have a good plan. I think motivation is really important and I have to remind myself daily what my motivation is or I will lose my focus.

My two biggest challenges with food/drink are appetizers and alcohol. And with exercise, I love it when I do it but have to make sure to not stop doing it or I can get lazy.

My biggest victories in the last 6 weeks were getting back in shape with my trainer, giving up Diet Pepsi completely , and getting back into some of my size 10's!

My hubby's support and the support of others has been extremely helpful , especially on days when I felt discouraged!

You can do this Sue B...just take it a day at a time!!!
    Thanks PB!! and congrats on the size 10's!! I have a couple of those I'm hoping to wear in June.

• Quality not quantity

Hummm... I might go for this.

Err would we have to disclose our starting weight or just how much we lost?

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post

Im all for just stating how much we would like to lose(me=100 lbs)

and how much we have lost....(me=none yet)

Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    The smaller portions/increased activity has worked very well for me. The first couple days were tough, because it was a huge adjustment, but now I'm so used to it, it's just a way of life for me, without even having to think about it. I don't deprive myself of anything - I still eat ice cream, burgers, etc. But, it's how often I eat that stuff, and most importantly how much I eat of it. Because I have my treats as desired, I don't ever feel a need to binge.

The key is to not "diet", but change your lifestyle. Diets are temporary fixes - they're not designed for longterm use, especially because the diet industry would like to rely on repeat business. My weight went up and down for over a decade, because I was always trying to "diet". But now, I've changed my habits and thought processes - I eat to live, not live to eat.

And don't punish yourself for having a week or two of no number loss. Some weeks, I lose very little weight or none at all, but my size has gone down and/or my energy has increased. Your body can and will do a number of things, including retaining water, building muscle (which weighs a lot more than fat), and other processes. Always look at the big picture and how far you've come.
    thanks. Glad to hear that the smaller portions and more exercise works for you. And I know about the "diets" and repeat business; did Weight Watchers. I'm not saying that they are bad; it did work for me. But why it worked was the weekly accountability (that $1000 scale) and the support. The methods weren't bad, but just too much $$$ to hear the nutrition cheerleader every week. Plus, it was no fun having well-meaning co-workers (it did WW thru work) ask you what you are eating. I'm hoping that thru all the the great Chatter support (and no one to look over my shoulder when I eat) we can all celibrate our successes.... yikes... that sounded kind of corporate-ish.

• Directly directed

I'm in! I'm trying to lose 30 pounds and I've lost 10 so far. And I'd just like to fit back in my 12's! I'm doing smaller portions, healthier eating, and a step areobics video at home.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Im all for just stating how much we would like to lose(me=100 lbs)

and how much we have lost....(me=none yet)

I was planning on only discussing how much I lose; or even what clothes I fit in - or other victory; or challenge.
    Starting today: me = none yet either. Hopefully next week; Me = down 3.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post

no discloser required...

I'm adding the players to my buddy list....

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast