Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone want to join me in a weightloss goal?

Migo, don't you have a degree in this stuff or something like that?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

This is a friend of mines website. He tells you about how important exercise is.

http://truthinfitness.org/
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mexihick, y'all

Yes, John I do. But who cares about my knowledge.

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by bananabelle View Post
    whoopsie, that's what I meant. just the wrong words thrown in there.

and no, not for the rest of my life. but basically till I lose the weight I need to and then continue on with a healthy balanced diet (ie whole grains, more fruits, less crap, etc).
    \

Actually, you're doing yourself a dis-service doing this and will not do well.

• Mexihick, y'all

The key to losing weight is to changing the lifestlyle. Actually working out, eating less fatty foods, cutting down on your sugars and sodiums. It's a lifestyle change. Don't cut out the things that you love.

Calories in, calories out. You eat x amount of calories, make sure you burn x amount of calories.

• Mexihick, y'all

Oh. But I don't know anything. My bad.

Disneyphile, Dmom....losing any weight?

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Disneyphile, Dmom....losing any weight?
    I'm at about -1 pound per week, steady and strong. I'm right at about 10 pounds of total loss so far, and have already lost an entire clothing size that is already loosening.

I'm in no hurry to drop a ton of weight quickly. I didn't get this way overnight, and it won't come off overnight, either.

I like to compare it to the fable of the Tortoise (the "lifestyle changer") and the Hare (the "dieter"). I want to be like the Tortoise.

There once was a speedy hare who bragged about how fast he could run. Tired of hearing him boast, Slow and Steady, the tortoise, challenged him to a race. All the animals in the forest gathered to watch.

Hare ran down the road for a while and then and paused to rest. He looked back at Slow and Steady and cried out, "How do you expect to win this race when you are walking along at your slow, slow pace?"

Hare stretched himself out alongside the road and fell asleep, thinking, "There is plenty of time to relax."

Slow and Steady walked and walked. He never, ever stopped until he came to the finish line.
    The animals who were watching cheered so loudly for Tortoise, they woke up Hare.

Hare stretched and yawned and began to run again, but it was too late. Tortoise was over the line.
    After that, Hare always reminded himself, "Don't brag about your lightning pace, for Slow and Steady won the race!"

• Circle of Ancients

Sue B and others...another "tool" that is great for losing weight is keeping a food journal. No matter what diet you're following , it works really well to record what you eat just to become more aware of your habits and identify areas that you can improve.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Sue B and others...another "tool" that is great for losing weight is keeping a food journal. No matter what diet you're following , it works really well to record what you eat just to become more aware of your habits and identify areas that you can improve.
    This also cuts down on the mindless eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    I'm at about -1 pound per week, steady and strong. I'm right at about 10 pounds of total loss so far, and have already lost an entire clothing size that is already loosening.

I'm in no hurry to drop a ton of weight quickly. I didn't get this way overnight, and it won't come off overnight, either.

I like to compare it to the fable of the Tortoise (the "lifestyle changer") and the Hare (the "dieter"). I want to be like the Tortoise.
    Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    ok.. so at lunch time I was all into this weight loss thing.. then I go to Costco after work. Im starving at this time so I buy a hot dog, I love their hot dogs.

Then I get home to find my bf had cooked dinner. I dont want to hurt his feelings so I eat dinner.

I have just done my workout twice but I know its not enough to correct what I did tonight. I must rememeber never to go into a store hungry.
    Or to the cafeteria.... came in this am with out having any small healthy snack (ff organic milk with whole grain bar) as I was getting ready; nothing looked as good as the hashbrowns and egg sandwich. I ate until my hunger was satisfied and put the rest in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Yes, John I do. But who cares about my knowledge.
    Impressed with the degree and the knowledge and thank you for the inputs; but, for some of us (me anyway), knowing the best thing to do (went through a hospital sponsored weight loss program and took a nutrician class in college for fun) and actually doing it requires a focus on more than information. So, thank you, also, for the cheering.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    Sign me up Sueb! I so want to lose 15-20 so my clothes fit better. We can all support each other. Can't wait to get started.
    Welcome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    So when do we officailly start this thing and when is the finish line?
    I started when I weighed myself yesterday... Plan to "report" the measured progress (pounds, inches, sizes, comfort level, whatever) every Tuesday. Like Migo says; lifestyle change. that means no real finish line, but setting a goal put a light at the end of the tunnel. This thread can go on until its closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I vote that there isn't a time limit and the finish line is when we reach our goals.
    Agree, I vote for no time limit too. Everyone can set up their own goals or lights at the end of tunnels. Then when we get there, set new goals to maintain for x months; checking in along the way.
    For me, I know that I enjoy food too much and tend towards over snacking to ever think that I have crossed a finish line... I think that it has taken me 25 plus years and countless diets and pounds to accept that fact.

• Quality not quantity

I had my initial weigh in today.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

This could take longer than I'd planned.

Ahh well, as the profit says: "Well begun is half done, Spit-Spot!"

First up on the chopping block... My Glaceau VitaminWater. I switched to that at work over coke (we get them free) due to it having 1/3 the calories. However it also has 13g of Carbs. While I won't be doing a strict Atkins style program, I do think it's wise to limit carbs as much as possible. Asanti water here we come....
    Last edited by Moonliner; 03-21-2007 at 06:28 AM.

• Quality not quantity

So now that we are all getting started...

What's for lunch? I guess the REALLY good burger joint down the street is out, although I could try their turkey burger with an apple in place of the fries...

How bad is a little (ok a heap) of chicken curry?

• Mexihick, y'all

Why don't you eat your burger and eliminate the mayo, cheese and the bun?

One of my favorite lunch time meals (actually, the ONLY thing I get if I'm not eating from my house) is a turkey sandwich on wheat, no mayo, no cheese, spicy mustard and the veggies. Mmmmm.

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by sueb View Post

Impressed with the degree and the knowledge and thank you for the inputs; but, for some of us (me anyway), knowing the best thing to do (went through a hospital sponsored weight loss program and took a nutrician class in college for fun) and actually doing it requires a focus on more than information. So, thank you, also, for the cheering.

Aww, my snarky comment wasn't intended for you.

You're correct, you can know what's correct, but doing and implementing is another thing.

Whatever you do, just do it RIGHT. I can not stress that enough.

And don't cut out things you love, or you won't succeed. Everything in moderation.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Famous Star with no mayo, no cheese, wheat bun a side salad with fat free balsamic? Light Lemonade/Ice Tea to drink?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast