Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Postal Rates Going Up AGAIN

Sigh, the postcard postage is going up 2 cents, that is going to effect the folks sending in postcards in the 15 months of 1.25 million prizes contest.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    We don't mail too much stuff. A book of stamps will generally last us 2 months or more. (We are still using Valentine's stamps, and have about 1/2 the sheet left)

I just don't like that it's .37, .42. Just make it .45 and be done with it.
    Good point.

And really, if you think about it, 42 cents to have something delivered is really not bad at all.....

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I think there are Star Wars stamps coming out soon....am I wrong?
    I don't know about that but I know new Disney stamps will be out this August.

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I don't know about that but I know new Disney stamps will be out this August.
    There will be Disney and Star Wars stamps coming. We're actually discussing the upcoming Star Wars stamps and the R2-D2 mailboxes in this thread:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57619

And I don't know about anyone else, but 42 cents is not bad for the service they offer. Especially when you consider how surprisingly accurate and efficient they are.

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Sigh, the postcard postage is going up 2 cents, that is going to effect the folks sending in postcards in the 15 months of 1.25 million prizes contest.....
    I'm glad you noted this 2-cent increase or I might have not known. I have a small stack of postcards that I may or may not have gotten through sending by that date.

Ugh... these postal increases seem to happen more and more frequently.

• Clearing my Calendar

The Forever Stamp sounds like it's going to be more a pain than anything for the postal employees. I can imagine that a lot of people, when the price goes up *again* will be upset they're not getting the Forever Stamp for .41 a pop.

From what I can tell the rates will also be different depending on what you send it in as well. Currently, if you stuff a bubble mailer full of stuff it just goes at whatever the ounces is. But, it looks like after May a different rating system will be for that category of mail. I hope they simplify it all for us dumb people.

I'm actually surprised the cost isn't more. As someone else stated, .41 to get something from one door to another door in another state isn't a lot. Then again, my being in this industry has shown me that people think the whole process should be free as some sort of government service or something.

Unfortunately, the rising cost is a sign of worse conditions to come. They don't run the twice a day mail anymore because of cost. They pulled A LOT of postal boxes out of non-congested areas (i.e. suburbia) because of cost. They're closing a lot of post offices in rural areas due to cost. At the rate the whole United States Postal Service is going, we'll be using more private companies as the years go on. While we may look fondly on the days of .10 stamps, multiple mail pick-ups/drop offs and the "through rain, sleet, or snow.." mentality, we also look fondly on the days of .89/gallon gas, a better economy and higher business worker efficiency across the nation anyway. Give and take.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I always laugh when people get irate over the price of a stamp. You can write a letter, fold it up and put it in an envelope, then have someone pick it up in front of your house and it gets delivered right to someone else's house clear across the country, and yet thirty seven cents, or forty, or even fifty is too expensive? To have something hand delivered across the entire country? That's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Good point.

And really, if you think about it, 42 cents to have something delivered is really not bad at all.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    I'm actually surprised the cost isn't more. As someone else stated, .41 to get something from one door to another door in another state isn't a lot. Then again, my being in this industry has shown me that people think the whole process should be free as some sort of government service or something.
    *nods*

I pretty sure that, as with gas prices, the U.S. still has some of the cheapest postage for an industrialized nation.
    She did it!

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

I'm so thrilled. Once again I have to spend $200 to replace a chip on my postal meter.

• I <3 o

I only use stamps when I'm paying for something on eBay and since thats so rare I just buy one out of the machine at the post office, but it still seems a bit crazy since they seem to changing it more often now
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

I always laugh when people get irate over the price of a stamp. You can write a letter, fold it up and put it in an envelope, then have someone pick it up in front of your house and it gets delivered right to someone else's house clear across the country, and yet thirty seven cents, or forty, or even fifty is too expensive? To have something hand delivered across the entire country? That's funny.
    Absolutely.

• That Guy

Well, let's keep in mind, guns and ammunition are NOT getting any cheaper.

• Banned User

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ugh. I still have stamps leftover from CHRISTMAS! The only thing I ever mail these days is my car payment.

• Banned User

Everyone does know that your old stamps are always good, right? If you have a thirty seven cent stamp then you just need to purchse the additional postage. Just an FYI, as I once threw out an entire book of stamps that I thought were no good, only to find this out later.

• That Guy

Everyone does know that your old stamps are always good, right? If you have a thirty seven cent stamp then you just need to purchse the additional postage. Just an FYI, as I once threw out an entire book of stamps that I thought were no good, only to find this out later.

That sucks! Sounds like something I would do.

It does seem like when they increase the price, they also make new stamps which bridge the gap between the old and new price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast