• Hiding in the shadows

Is it Good Basketball???

Preface...I am a die hard LA Clipper fan...

Dateline Wednesday 3/21/2007: LA Clippers at Bucks, Clips ahead by 16, in the 4th they (as usual) fall apart, the Bucks go on a 17:1 scoring drive to leave the clips down 103 - 102 with 30 something seconds left in regulation, Jason Hart throws up a shot, bounces around the rim finally goes in after a contriversial hard to see...maybe tip / goal tending by EB (although from the playback its don't appear he touched it).
    Clips win 103 - 104

Dateline Thursday 3/22/2007:
    LA Lakers at Memphis, at the end of the third, the score is already 92 Lakers to 91 Grizzlies. Kobe goes 20 for 37, 3 of which are 3pts shots plus 17 F/T for a total of 60 points, in a game that all about scoring. Lakers win 121 to 119.

Tenn / Ohio State: OSU down 17 training 49 to 32 at the half, come back to a final few minutes that even had my husband who does not watch college basketball excited about the play, and not moving from his seat. Final score 85 OSU - 84 Tenn, with Tenn missing a chance in the last seconds of the game.

Three very different games with all three having something on the line, the NBA teams trying to get / keep playoff spots and OSU/Tenn fighting for their tournament lives, the first game was two teams that most people dont care about, the second a team that everyone knows, that recently can only win if their best player goes all out and makes most of the big plays, and finally a college game that was as exciting as it can gets, with two teams I woudl normally pass over for a rerun of Everyone Loves Raymond instead. Of the three, if I had it all to do over again, and I could only watch one, I would choose the OSU / Tenn game, maybe because they had more on the line, but hopefully because it was just a great game.

So for you, which one is really "good basketball"?

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Re: Is it Good Basketball???

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Preface...I am a die hard LA Clipper fan...

Dateline Wednesday 3/21/2007: LA Clippers at Bucks, Clips ahead by 16, in the 4th they (as usual) fall apart, the Bucks go on a 17:1 scoring drive to leave the clips down 103 - 102 with 30 something seconds left in regulation, Jason Hart throws up a shot, bounces around the rim finally goes in after a contriversial hard to see...maybe tip / goal tending by EB (although from the playback its don't appear he touched it).
    Clips win 103 - 104

Dateline Thursday 3/22/2007:
    LA Lakers at Memphis, at the end of the third, the score is already 92 Lakers to 91 Grizzlies. Kobe goes 20 for 37, 3 of which are 3pts shots plus 17 F/T for a total of 60 points, in a game that all about scoring. Lakers win 121 to 119.

Tenn / Ohio State: OSU down 17 training 49 to 32 at the half, come back to a final few minutes that even had my husband who does not watch college basketball excited about the play, and not moving from his seat. Final score 85 OSU - 84 Tenn, with Tenn missing a chance in the last seconds of the game.

Three very different games with all three having something on the line, the NBA teams trying to get / keep playoff spots and OSU/Tenn fighting for their tournament lives, the first game was two teams that most people dont care about, the second a team that everyone knows, that recently can only win if their best player goes all out and makes most of the big plays, and finally a college game that was as exciting as it can gets, with two teams I woudl normally pass over for a rerun of Everyone Loves Raymond instead. Of the three, if I had it all to do over again, and I could only watch one, I would choose the OSU / Tenn game, maybe because they had more on the line, but hopefully because it was just a great game.

So for you, which one is really "good basketball"?

Lakers and Kobe....HANDS DOWN Duhhhh!!!!!!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."