Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: It's MONDAY! Any BIG plans for the week?

Nothing, thank god! We have been out of town 4 out of the last 6 weekends! Staying home sounds like heaven to me!

And a lot of housework, bah!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

This week is for recovery and sleeping
    And housework, as Friday night my roommate's having a party here for her birthday.
    Sat night we're going out to dinner for birthday.
    Sunday, of course, is big meets day
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    We were supposed to go out of town for the weekend but my FIL is having surgery Wednesday am, we're holding off on further plans until we find out the outcome.
    I hope all goes well!!

We're leaving to the coast for the rest of the week tomorrow morning. A friend and I rented a house on Bella Beach, near Depoe Bay, so we'll be there with 5 kids.

We're so looking forward to it!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    We're leaving to the coast for the rest of the week tomorrow morning. A friend and I rented a house on Bella Beach, near Depoe Bay, so we'll be there with 5 kids.
    Oooh Stink - I'm jealous! Depoe Bay is my favorite area along the coast (the fact that it isn't TOO far from outlet shopping is nice too)! I stayed there once for a college debate tournament where the WorldMark is currently located. Then, years later I got to stay at WorldMark - and I keep pestering my mom to book a week again so we can go back!

Oh, on topic...
    Today is crazy since Tink lost a molar last night unexpectedly (she hasn't lost her canine/cuspids yet, so it was a surprise) and daddy took the day off and took her to the dentist to make sure everything is ok (it is).

It's conference week at Tink's school so she has 1/2 days all week. Her conference is today which will likely go something like this: "Your daughter is such a delight and so caring of her classmates. She is doing very well in math and reading, but needs some help with the grammar side of writing (this is the part where I hold my tongue and don't ask WHEN someone is going to actually TEACH that part... this teacher is retiring and for all purposes all that is left is for her to physically leave the building). She is getting better at asserting herself and is a great leader in class projects. She does have some trouble turning in assignments on time and I did note that on her report card. (I'm sure this part will turn into something about Jeff's cancer and how she is sure things are chaos at home and she understands... and I try to nicely say that some kind of system for sending homework home would be nice since it keeps changing every 2-3 weeks.) I'll certainly miss her next year when I retire." I'll let you know how close I was later!

Other than that, we have Jeff's treatment (#4 and the end of cycle 2!) on Thursday and I'm helping at school on Friday for Book Fair. We don't make any plans for the weekend on treatment weeks, but I'm guessing more work on the remodel on Tink's room.

Phew...
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Banned User

I'll be going to Disneyland later this week.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    Nothing, thank god! We have been out of town 4 out of the last 6 weekends! Staying home sounds like heaven to me!

And a lot of housework, bah!
    Sounds like my life lately. This past weekend was our first home since the first weekend in February.

We are going to DL as a family on Friday, other than that, no real plans. The kids are on Spring Break, but I have to work.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

It's STAR testing this week for some of the schools. My little one has to be at a testing facility 3 hours a day for the next 4 days. Kinda hard for home schooling families to get out of the house early in the day! We're used to having quite leisurely mornings

• Queen of Sarcasm

It is Keoni's birthday today and I am thinking about what to get him. He knows that he is getting it at the end of the week but I haven't decided what it is yet.

• Mexihick, y'all

Yes! Lots of fun! The husband and I are making a 17 hour drive, with the dog, to Missioula, Montana. The mother in law (step) has COPD and is in the hospital on a ventilator. They are going to attempt for the third time to take it out! Good times for all!

• Movie buff, Disney nut.

I've been the laziest writer these past two weeks and I've let my major freelance writing job sit for that amount of time: ScreenIt, for which I write reviews of pre-1996 films and anyone who's gone to that site is well aware of the detail that's put into those reviews.

Plus, with having to pay for my own medical insurance soon (the policy that was piggybacked onto my dad's with the school district expired recently), more money that can be put into my bank account is good money.

But today, I've got a book review due of that Mel Brooks biography by James Robert Parish for Valley Scene Magazine, which I write for occasionally, and I still have to finish the book. Luckily, the magazine's editor and I are in the same time zone so I've still got time.

Other than that, I'm just hoping to watch more movies this week, but especially the first Prime Suspect miniseries that I Netflixed, which is still sitting near my stack of library books.

• Golden Girls Fan Club

Wow, Migo. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Please know I'm keeping you in my prayers.

• Directly directed

I'm going to the movies to see either Meet the Robinson's, Blades of Glory or both. And writing a 10 page paper on moral development.

• Wish I was in WDW..

I am getting a puppy!
    We have one dog already, but we want another.

-Nikki

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm going to a concert Wednesday night.

• Senior Minion

I have to work on my 3 major papers, and then have my senior grad pics taken tomorrow after school. Also have an exam tomorrow in my history class.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast