Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Taken Advantage Of...

....the post about the Lesbian woman that tried to get an ex-lover back an made up stories about a rape by a man got me to thinking about this......

-that said, I am asking for your opinions to my question as to what should be done about this following circumstance-
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    About 5 years ago, someone I know was 'taken advantage of' by someone he was helping through a very bad time. The young man was about 18 or 19 - the one that was being helped.

The 'counselor' had a feeling that the young man had a 'thing' for him...but left it at that. The counselors wife was also beginning to feel the same way.......that the young man had a thing for the counselor too.

Anyway, the way it all is, it appears as though the young man 'took advantage' of the counselor when the counselor was 'not aware' of it. Although the counselor DID become aware of it when he was 'startled' out of his sleep.

It's a very bizarre happening......and the counselor never made anything out of it because the young man was already being tried for the same sort of thing tried on a minor - and eventually did 6 months later that year.

What the counselor found out and realized that much of what the young man had told him during 'counseling sessions' and 'suicide watch' times was completely untrue.......all out lies just to get the counselor to 'side' with him.

The 'counselor' has a lot of pent up feelings about this person and what happened.........and is not quite sure how to deal with it now.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Taken Advantage Of...

I guess my next question is "What the counselor encountered; was it rape or attempted rape? "

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Wait, what? OK, so this kid basically buttered up the counselor so the counselor could write a report or something to show to the court that this kid wasn't "that bad"?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    About 5 years ago, someone I know was 'taken advantage of' by someone he was helping through a very bad time. The young man was about 18 or 19 - the one that was being helped.

The 'counselor' had a feeling that the young man had a 'thing' for him...but left it at that. The counselors wife was also beginning to feel the same way.......that the young man had a thing for the counselor too.

Anyway, the way it all is, it appears as though the young man 'took advantage' of the counselor when the counselor was 'not aware' of it. Although the counselor DID become aware of it when he was 'startled' out of his sleep.

It's a very bizarre happening......and the counselor never made anything out of it because the young man was already being tried for the same sort of thing tried on a minor - and eventually did 6 months later that year.

What the counselor found out and realized that much of what the young man had told him during 'counseling sessions' and 'suicide watch' times was completely untrue.......all out lies just to get the counselor to 'side' with him.

The 'counselor' has a lot of pent up feelings about this person and what happened.........and is not quite sure how to deal with it now.
    Is he really a counselor or is he a 'counselor'? Maybe he needs counselling himself?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

From what I gathered - yes. It appears as though the young man did just that. The young man even got engaged before trial.....but the counselor and those close to him began to see strange things and realized this was a facade for the court.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
    Wait, what? OK, so this kid basically buttered up the counselor so the counselor could write a report or something to show to the court that this kid wasn't "that bad"?

Yes, I am kind of unclear on what actually happened here, too.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Is he really a counselor or is he a 'counselor'? Maybe he needs counselling himself?
    He wasn't actually a counselor - just someone that was more of a 'big brother' type - someone that was totally trustworthy, etc.

The young man was not 'true' with what was said.

• Minion

That tale is so vague I couldn't figure out what was really going on...therefore, I can't comment.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    He wasn't actually a counselor - just someone that was more of a 'big brother' type - someone that was totally trustworthy, etc.

The young man was not 'true' with what was said.

I feel like you're talking in riddles. I can't really make heads nor tails of the situation.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

I'm not understanding though how this could have anything to do with "rape"?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Yes, I am kind of unclear on what actually happened here, too.
    I don't want to give out too many names here....but what happened was that this young man 'had his way' with his cousin - several times from what we found out.

Now, before all of this was found out, the young man was referred to a group of people at a local church - where I am involved. The young man got quite chummy with many in the group - and stated that he'd been going to the church (small church) for a year. Though, no one had seen him ever.

He starts palling around with many in the group. A pastor had counseled with the young man, and the young man was not truthful with the Pastor. The pastor, being around 50, referred him to the younger Bible Study leader who was in his late 20's, I believe, and married.

The young man befriended many - but once the jail term was over, he dropped them all like a bad habit - the counselor/big brother person as well.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
    I'm not understanding though how this could have anything to do with "rape"?
    Because the taking advantage of was of sexual connotation.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I feel like you're talking in riddles. I can't really make heads nor tails of the situation.
    I figured it would seem like this. I"m sorry if I have confused you. I am not trying to talk in riddles........I apologize.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
    That tale is so vague I couldn't figure out what was really going on...therefore, I can't comment.
    Sorry. I am not trying to be vague, but a certain vagueness is something that just happens with this story.

• love my friends

all I can say is wow

Friends for life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast