Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1

    • Incognito
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,469
    Blog Entries
    49

    Using your car horn. Do you?

    I do when it necessitates.

    Like an hour ago I was in the lane to turn right with 2 cars ahead of me at a red light. We then got a green arrow to go. The first car sat, and sat, and sat. I honked one nice honk. Nothing. Then another. Nothing. Then I honked like 5 small "beep beep beep" honks and he finally went.

    THEN this guy next to me has the nerve to say "Hey whats with the honking".

    First off you aren't in this lane so mind your own business and second, what part of green arrow do YOU not understand? I'd venture to guess had HE had someone sit at a green arrow in front of him he wouldn't have been so passive.

    Then when I finally turned and passed the butthead in the gigantic Mercedes that was sitting there at the green arrow, he was on his cellphone.

    I hate people.

    So if you use your horn, do you use it wisely? Do you get angry when someone uses their horn?

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hanford
    Posts
    3,262
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    i only use mine when i need to

    my mom over uses her horn, lol


  3. #3

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    I only use it to get people's attention. Sadly, I tend to use it the most when people are about to hit me in my lane because they don't pay attention. I'm having bad driving kharma lately I don't know why. Every time I seem to go on a freeway, there is some idiot who HAS TO CUT ME OFF instead of waiting like a second for me to go through. Why??? I know my car is small but jeeze, it's not invisible! But I totally get your point about the honking. I've done it before when I'm at a light. I give it a couple of seconds and if no one moves, then I tap my horn to wake up the front driver.

  4. #4

    • Man O Lantern
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    It's fall, ya'll!
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    I do get irritated when people use their horns for no apparent reason. I mean, if it's an emergency and someone is merging into your car and you can prevent it with a honk, sure.

    But if you're honking because you're mad over something that already happened, oy. So irritating.

    Someone behind me honked today because we were turning left in front of TWO schools, and I had to wait for the kids crossing the street to get over before I turned. Um. Hello? Can't just run the little kids over, can I?

  5. #5

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    I use it when say, I need to alert another car that they are about to merge into my lane and my car. Otherwise, not so much.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  6. #6

    • is FIERCE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere Major
    Posts
    8,004
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    No, I neer use it. There are times thought when some jerk cuts me off or someone is driving 5 MPH on the interstate and after I pass them, I think "God, I should have used my horn!!!!!"

    My second car didn't have a horn so I stopped using it and now I forget its there.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



    Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

    DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.


  7. #7

    • <3
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Posts
    4,332
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    I only use it in two cases. The one you described above, and I'll give the person quite a few moments before even doing that. And the other is if I'm in a lane driving and they start drifting over into me, I'll honk just to say, "Hey, I'm already over here." (more like, "Stop coming over here and if you hit me I'll get out and kick your azz!" but whatever)

    Okay, three cases, sometimes I like to honk when hubby or one of the kids walk in front of the car while I'm already in it waiting for them in the driveway. I'm evil like that.

    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain





  8. #8

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Busy at the donut store
    Posts
    6,876
    Blog Entries
    41

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    I probably wait longer than I should at green lights before honking, but I will really lay on the horn if someone cuts me off. My best friend lives the Bay Area and she'll lean over and honk for me if she feels I've been wronged, due to all that aggressive city driving, LOL.

    If someone honks at me, I get all defensive though. I hate that! I wish there was a way to distinguish a "friendly" honk from an "angry" honk. I try to add a friendly wave if I can, to soften the honk.
    A signature should go here.

  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Busy at the donut store
    Posts
    6,876
    Blog Entries
    41

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    Okay, that is a total pet peeve, when people honk and you are waiting for pedestrians!
    A signature should go here.

  10. #10

    • Man O Lantern
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    It's fall, ya'll!
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow View Post
    Okay, three cases, sometimes I like to honk when hubby or one of the kids walk in front of the car while I'm already in it waiting for them in the driveway. I'm evil like that.
    Okay, that's what I do. Still. After a billion years, it still makes them jump.

    Other than that, I don't use the horn really.

  11. #11

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    I honk my horn but it still doesn't matter. Sad to say but most people can't see or hear anything on the road.
    I consider myself a very good driver with a huge flaw. ROAD RAGE.
    A few weeks ago I was driving on a 2 lane road and a car ahead of us stopped to turn left. Well the car behind him didn't slow down or anything and we were already right next to each other. He must not have seen me because he swirved so fast right in front me. I had to slam on my brakes harder than ever before and swirve towards the sidewalk. Luckily I didn't go up on it though. (As I did this I'm already sitting on my horn.......) Now the road rage kicked in. I was the @$$hole that had to sit on my horn and try to pass him up to yell at him and tell him what he just did. But of course after he almost hit me he stayed right in my lane and made it even less safe for us both because I had no place to go after I swirved. So I finally passed him on the left and caught up. HE HAD NO IDEA I WAS EVEN THERE..................NONE!
    That's when I know the horn doesn't even matter.

  12. #12

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    If someone honks at me, I get all defensive though. I hate that! I wish there was a way to distinguish a "friendly" honk from an "angry" honk. I try to add a friendly wave if I can, to soften the honk.
    Hehe, I get a lot of honks from other MINI Cooper drivers out on the freeway. I guess I've just gotten used to people honking at me/my car which is a good thing because if it's for a bad reason, at least I'm oblivious to it. That is one reason I do like my car though, there aren't that many out there as compared to a Honda (Civics, Accords) or Toyotas so it's neat to acknoweldge one another while out on the road.

  13. #13

    • is on the rocks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Someone behind me honked today because we were turning left in front of TWO schools, and I had to wait for the kids crossing the street to get over before I turned. Um. Hello? Can't just run the little kids over, can I?
    That bugs me too! Makes me want to yell at them. What, you want me to hit them?

    Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    If someone honks at me, I get all defensive though. I hate that! I wish there was a way to distinguish a "friendly" honk from an "angry" honk. I try to add a friendly wave if I can, to soften the honk.
    Yeah - I totally get what you mean. I wish there were a difference between "honk - hey, your light is green and there's a bunch of people behind you waiting to go" and HONK!!! HONK!!! OMFG watch where you're going you almost ran me over!"

    But to answer the OP - I usually only honk when someone is trying to get into my lane and would hit me, that kind of thing.
    She did it!


  14. #14

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Okay, that is a total pet peeve, when people honk and you are waiting for pedestrians!
    I can't agree with you more!!!

  15. #15

    • Queen of Sarcasm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: Using your car horn. Do you?

    I only use my horn if someone is about to hit me. Other than that I have only used it one other time. To get on the 5 you need to make a left on a surface street to get to it. I was the fourth car at the light when the green arrow comes up for us to turn. The first car just sat there and remarkably the honking didn't start right away. Either way when someone did start honking the car still sat there without moving. The car finally decided to go when the light had turned yellow so basically that person sat there doing who knows what for a long time and when they decided to go they were the only one that was able to make it through the light!





Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monorail Car horn
    By disneyguy115 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 09:15 AM
  2. Monorail Horn
    By DCACM in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 11:45 PM
  3. A lil horn tootin'
    By elly in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 02:36 AM
  4. Tooting my own horn, 13,000 times
    By Hakuna Makarla in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 11:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •