Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Angry experience at bally's

ok, from the very begining i've been having problems with bally total fitness! first, i was suppose to call someone to schedule when i start, i did, and the girl said my application hasnt gone thru yet, she was suppose to call me back. a week goes by and finally she calls me saying that there were problems with the papers being sent to her, and then she couldnt find my number. at this point, i thought, there was no job for me. anyways, i started on mon. and then again on tues. and its been hell. the girl, we'll call her MINNIE, is suppose to train me. well, i've only seen her once each day for 10mins, and both days i worked 5hrs. she told me that she is too busy to train me cuz she has meetings. well, what ever!! anyways, another girl who i've been with me has taught me very little, but at the same time, I cant really practice on the computers cuz MInnie, never gave me my own pin number to get into the computers. so i cant do anything. an to top that off, i've been getting a lot of attitude from other employees cuz i'm not trained!!!!!!, like it's my fault!!! so all i do is stand there like an idiot!!!! I suppose to go again next monday, but i'm too pissed off!!!! i'm actually thinking of looking around for another job. everything is a hassel, i also have to move my car every hour or so with a validation so i wont have to pay for parking, it's in downtown aaarrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: experience at bally's

So ... you're working at the Bally's in Macy's Plaza?

Sorry to read about how it is going, but as a member I've had bad experiences with Bally's. All I have to say for anyone joining is to READ your contract VERY carefully! If not you'll pretty much have to kill yourself or live in some remote area of the world to get out of it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

That sucks. KC, if they don't want your help, then I suggest you get a better job. You deserve better!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I have had a very bad experience with Bally's as well. I was a member from 1994 to 1996 - my membership was supposed to expire in 1997, unless I had a doctors orders that terminate it early because of non ability to use the gym.

And so I did get those doctors orders - I had messed up my left knee pretty darn well in December 1995. I was undergoing two surgeries during 1996 and I asked the doctor if I could get something from her to use to cancel my membership - since I was paying $30 a month for nothing. She was more than happy to olbige.

I showed Bally's my doctors note.......and they canceled it - or so they said.

FAST FORWARD to 2006. I get a telephone call from some creditor stating they are collecting from Bally's for the remainder of my membership. I explained to them what had happened and the lady on the other end had the nerve to say "Well, you need to get a 2nd opinion from another Doctor". I said, "Lady you're fricken nuts! It happened 10 years ago! How the heck am I supposed to get a second opinion??" I told her I got a docs note, and if needed, would get a copy of the one I got, but that she better not call me again and make my case a closed case - and I never heard from her again.

• Man O Lantern

We've been members for 4 years, no problems.

That job sounds like hell though! Talk to your manager--it sounds horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    We've been members for 4 years, no problems.

That job sounds like hell though! Talk to your manager--it sounds horrible!
    my manager is "Minnie" the one who has no time to train me !!!!!!!!!

• Queen of Sarcasm

That sounds like my old job. They said they would train me and made it sounds really good and when I got there they claimed they were too busy to train me so sit at the front desk and do my thing. I had no idea what I was doing because I had never worked with insurance before and the other lady who worked there was mad because I had no idea what in the world I was doing due to lack of training. I was miserable there. They then let me go because I didn't know what I was doing, duh, if you would have trained me to begin with I think I would have a better idea of what I was doing. I would ask questions but get eye rolls from both ladies when I did and they were both in their 60's!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    Wow.

Then...yeah...keep looking for work! Good luck!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Man KC!!!! I'm so sorry this job that was suspose to be so much better turned into the job from hell!!! Life is to short to have to deal with that stuff! I soooo hope you can get out of there and find something else quickly if you can't get all the issues resolved!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    Talk to her manager. And if you get no 'action' call your human resources department.

•   

If you feel like going through more hassle and crap from the rest of the staff then I would go to HR. But is the job really worth it for you??
    It doesn't sound like you're going to like it much even if things get fixed.
    You never know though!
    I wish you the best!

• Banned User

I'd never join any of those gyms again. Work out at home. The contracts are a nightmare.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well, it sounds like a part time gig? Not like a career to go all the way up to the manager level? I'd say find another. No job should be worth that hassle!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• A Pirate's life for me!

Gym contracts are at the top of the list for complaints filed with the FTC.

As always...Buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    So ... you're working at the Bally's in Macy's Plaza?

Sorry to read about how it is going, but as a member I've had bad experiences with Bally's. All I have to say for anyone joining is to READ your contract VERY carefully! If not you'll pretty much have to kill yourself or live in some remote area of the world to get out of it.
    yeah, macy's plaza

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast