Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I now have my parade and entertainment schedule for the two theme parks in my proposed Disney theme park resort, at certain times on the year. Here's what I have so far, using last year (2004) as an example:

October 1-25; Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday

Magic Kingdom:

3pm: Daytime Parade
    7pm: Main Street Electrical Parade
    8pm: Fantasmic!: This show will be presented, as usual, on the Rivers of America, with the main stage at the bottom end of Pocahontas Island; much like the original Fantasmic! which still runs at Disneyland. However, I added a seating area in front of the main stage, which would give us the best of both worlds! (Disney-MGM's Fantasmic! has a seating area whereas Disneyland's doesn't) Fantasmic! will also include the Peter pan segment on the Sailing Ship Columbia and the Grand Finale with all the characters from the show on the Lillian Marie Riverboat (named after Walt Disney's wife), doubling as the Steamboat Willie from the very first Mickey Mouse cartoon, Steamboat Willie (1928)!

8:50pm: Fireworks

Disney Studios:
    2pm: Parade: not yet named, but similar to the Walt Disney Studios Paris parade, complete with the movie projector float in which Tinker Bell sits in front of the projector's lens!

8pm: Sorcery in the Sky Fireworks (which runs EVERY night!)

October 1-24, Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday; and Tuesday October 26 through Sunday, October 31

Magic Kingdom:

1pm: Daytime Parade
    3pm, 7pm: Halloween Parade
    8pm: Fantasmic!
    8:50pm: Halloween Fireworks show
    9:30pm: Main Street Electrical Parade
    10:30pm: Fantasmic! (Friday only)

Disney Studios:
    same as above October 1-28; the following schedule is used from Friday, October 29 through Sunday, October 31:
    2pm, 5pm: Parade
    8pm: Sorcery in the Sky Fireworks

October 1-24; Saturday

Magic Kingdom:

8pm, 9:30pm: Fantasmic!
    8:45pm: Fireworks

Disney Studios:
    same as above, except for Saturday, October 30 (mentioned above)

In addition, on the select days Halloween is celebrated, other festivities are included; such as a special Halloween Riverboat Ride on the Lillian Marie Riverboat (departing from Frontierland), and trick or treating at certain hours during the early evening and night. Yes, even adults can dress up on these select days, preferably as one of their favorite Disney characters!

In addition, I also have Haunted Mansion Holiday much like Disneyland's, which runs every day throughout October! Haunted Mansion can be found in Carribean Plaza, which is part of Adventureland, and modeled after New Orleans Square at Disneyland.

Memorial Day to Labor Day (Summer peak season, from late May to early September)

Magic Kingdom:

1pm, 3pm: Daytime Parade
    8:45pm, 10:20pm: Main Street Electrical Parade
    9pm, 10:30pm, 11:45pm: Fantasmic!
    9:50pm: Fireworks

Disney Studios:
    2pm, 7:30pm: Parade
    9pm: Sorcery in the Sky Fireworks

December 1-Thursday before Christmas

Magic Kingdom:

5:45pm: Fantasmic! (a 2nd showing of Fantasmic! runs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 9:30pm)
    7pm: Christmas/Holiday Parade (not yet named)
    7:50pm: Holiday Fireworks Show
    8:30pm: Main Street Electrical Parade

Disney Studios:
    2pm: Parade
    7:15pm: Sorcery in the Sky Fireworks

In addition, my Magic Kingdom theme park features it's a small world holiday during the Christmas Holiday season. Much like Disneyland's IASW holiday, the ride's exterior is decorated in multi-colored Christmas tree-like lights (the exterior of my IASW ride is similar to Disneyland's), and on the ride, some of the children sing Jingle Bells in addition to it's a small world!

April/Easter schedule, using 2004 as an example

Magic Kingdom:

Thursday, April 1:
    8pm: Fantasmic!
    8:50pm: Fireworks

Friday & Saturday, April 2 & 3:
    8pm, 9:30pm: Fantasmic!

April 4-8 & April 13-17:
    3pm: Easter Parade

April 9-12 (Easter weekend):
    3pm, 7pm: Easter Parade

April 18-30:
    8:15pm: Main Street Electrical Parade
    9pm: Fantasmic! (an 2nd showing at 10:30pm runs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Disney Studios:

April 1-3:
    8pm: Sorcery in the Sky Fireworks

April 4-17:
    2pm, 5pm: Parade

April 18-30:

If anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions, please feel free to post!

• Differently clued

Holy snap! You weren't kidding when you said it was a proposal. It looks good, but I haven't read through it in detail. Forward that puppy to Disney and get yourself a job with them if you don't have one already. That's awesome.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I think it needs a little bit more work.

Just Kidding..AWESOME WORK
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Wow! I kept having to remind myself that this was just make believe and that no such Park was really being built......well done.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• What have I done?

Completely amazing... suggestion!

What about adding a Port Discovery into discoveryland?

"This guy!"

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Wow! I kept having to remind myself that this was just make believe and that no such Park was really being built......well done.
    Sounds like you really enjoyed it, needless to say!

• Infinitized!

Build it in Canada!!

I re-edited my MK parade post, since some of the music file links were not working. Hope everything works fine now!

Quote Originally Posted by KentB3
    Here are the parades I planned on for my Magic Kingdom park as of opening day:

1.) Afternoon Parade: Not sure, even though I am kind of partial to the snowglobes at the Share a Dream Come True parade at WDW's MK, and I'm not to familar with Disneyland's Parade of Stars. However, I'm sure that this parade will be something entirely different anyway!

2.) Night Time Parade: an updated version of Main Street Electrical Parade, which previously ran at Disneyland, WDW's Magic Kingdom, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and currently runs in a modified version at California Adventure. However, the parade floats will have better, more up-to-date floats with fiberoptic lights, very much like the DreamLights! floats used at Tokyo Disneyland. In case anyone's not familiar with DreamLights!, it's a 21st century spin-off of MSEP currently running at Tokyo Disneyland. More information, along with parade videos, can be found at the following URL:
    http://www.barrybedford.com

The updated MSEP will used the original Baroque Hoedown theme song used in MSEP and Disney's Electrical Parade at California Adventure (DreamLights! uses an orchestrated version of Baroque Hoedown instead of the original version), which will be interspersed with at various times with songs from the respective Disney films represented in the parade floats. Here is a sound file of this tune: http://www.disneynut.com/wdw/music/msep288.ram

The parade will run roughly the same time length as the original MSEP (approx. 23 minutes). Oddly enough, DreamLights! runs in the same time length, more or less, but with nearly twice as many floats! I'm not sure how they do this, possibly with shorter parade gaps between floats. I added a few additional float units to the parade to the original lineup, but less than DreamLights! added to theirs.

Now, onto my parade:

OPENING AND ANNOUNCEMENT

(Lights dim around parade route just before start)

[Soundtrack: "Electric Fanfare" by Don Dorsey]

A synthesized-like voice says, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland (name of park's location)'s Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular pagaent of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds, The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

["Fanfare of Lights" by Don Dorsey]

[Main Street Electrical Parade soundtrack begins, with Baroque Hoedown by Jean-Jacques Perry and Gershon Kingsley]

1.) BLUE FAIRY

For this and all existing parade units within the Main Street Electrical Parade, see the MSEP script at http://www.disneylandian.com/faqs/msep.html , since these parade units will be exactly the same, scriptwise, as the original parade. The new units will be described when I get to them.

2.) CASEY JR. CIRCUS TRAIN, with Goofy in the engine cab, pulling a big drum that alternates between saying "Disneyland (name of park's location)'s Magic Kingdom presents" and "Main Street Electrical Parade". With the improved, fiberoptic lighting, the drum sign will be composed of numerous bulbs as opposed to the flashing neon sign of the original-- much like the DreamLights! drum float sign, in a Las Vegas-like manner. Also, the "Presents" sign will use the theme park resorts actual logo (much like the blue script-like lettering in Disneyland's (Anaheim) logo, and the red Walt Disney World logo with the "mouse ears" globe), due to the improved lighting. Mickey and Minnie ride the drum float, as usual.

3.) ALICE IN WONDERLAND: same as original MSEP, see script in above URL

4.) WINNIE THE POOH: This is similar to the DreamLights! float, with Winnie the Pooh and friends on a small float around the famous Honey Tree. This float is followed by dancers in bee costumes, dancing to the song "Winnie the Pooh", which plays as the bee dancers pass by. Here is a midi file:
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P.../winniepoo.mid

5.) CINDERELLA: same as original MSEP

6.) PETER PAN: same as original, with Hook's pirate ship The Jolly Roger, and Smee's rowboat following behind.

7.) ALADDIN: This is basically a small float designed like a magic carpet in the front an middle sections. Aladdin and Jasmine ride on the magic carpet. A giant blue lighted Genie appears in the back. With this float, the music shifts from Baroque Hoedown to "A Whole New World", and then back to Baroque Hoedown as the float passes. Here is a midi file of "A Whole New World":
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P...1/newworld.mid

The Aladdin unit was entirely my own creation, and has never appeared in MSEP, Spectromagic, DreamLights!, or anywhere for that matter!

8.) DUMBO: same as original MSEP

9.) SNOW WHITE: ditto

10.) PINOCCHIO: ditto

11.) BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: similar to the DreamLights! unit, broken up into two small floats. First, we have a "desert cart" float with Lumière, accompanied by dancers dressed as waiters and waitresses to the song "Beauty and the Beast". Here is a midi file:
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P...1/berguest.mid

The second float replicates the castle's ballroom, with Belle and Vincent (Vincent, Belle's prince, appears in The Magic Kingdom, whereas the Beast appears at Disney Studios only, due to the presence of the post-transformation castle in The Magic Kingdom) dancing to the song "Beauty and the Beast". Here is a midi file: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P...11/beauty2.mid

12.) PETE'S DRAGON: same as original MSEP

13.) IT'S A SMALL WORLD: This is an abbreviated version of the DreamLights! IASW unit, broken up into two floats, with live Cast Members dressed at IASW dolls (face characters) in lighted costumes, singing (possibly lip-synching) and dancing to the song it's a small world. The music shifts from Baroque Hoedown to it's a small world, reverting back to Baroque Hoedown about 2/3 of the way throught the second float. Here is a midi file: http://www.pacificsites.com/~drhoade...mall_world.mid

The first float will be a showboat, and the second float is a combination of the sun and moon floats from DreamLights! into one longer float. Both IASW floats have various Disney characters riding them while the IASW characters sing and dance; among them, Donald and the 3 Amigos, Pluto, Roger Rabbbit, The 3 Little Pigs, Mary Poppins and Bert, plus a few others!

14.) TO HONOR AMERICA: similar to the original MSEP unit. Chip & Dale appear in front of this float, along with the All-American Girls in red, white, and blue outfits.

-- PARADE ENDS --

If anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions, please feel free to post!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    Completely amazing... suggestion!

What about adding a Port Discovery into discoveryland?
    What's Port Discovery?

• Pirate Princess

Extremely impressive! Its so cool how you incorporated so many aspects of different Disney parks without making everything seem like "clones". The original castle is probably my favortie part (although its hard to chose just one thing!). Your drawings and all of your plans are really inspired and I love how many unique things you'd like to have in your park--just the right balance of familiar things keeping it a Disney park, while adding some individuality to keep guests coming back!

I, like others on this thread I'm sure, want to see it happen! So copyright that sucker and work your way up to Eisner's seat at Disney. Then its just a matter of time...
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    Extremely impressive! Its so cool how you incorporated so many aspects of different Disney parks without making everything seem like "clones". The original castle is probably my favortie part (although its hard to chose just one thing!). Your drawings and all of your plans are really inspired and I love how many unique things you'd like to have in your park--just the right balance of familiar things keeping it a Disney park, while adding some individuality to keep guests coming back!
    Forget about, this plan rocks!

:o Joey impression :o
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Forget about, this plan rocks!

:o Joey impression :o
    LOL!!!!!

• Minion

Kent, that is just incredible! The detail is stunning! How much time did you put into this? Do you do this sort of thing for a living? If not, you certainly could! Have you sent your resume to Disney yet?

Alright! That was a proposal. I have not yet read it all but it looks good. From what I have read the Magic Kingdom looks like it should go into full production (possibly replacing DCA which they will need a whole lot of more room). Also Disney Studios is a bit confusing for me. It seems to have a lot of rides that should go into the Magic Kingdom and rides/attractions that would fit perfectly in that themepark. Another thing that I would probably change is the Chef Mickey's character meal. I would probably move Chef Mickey's to one the hotels instead of Downtown Disney.

And as far as location goes, it would probably go good in Texas (probably in Austin or Dallas).

Possible Location

Hey, I know what everyone's going to say when I propose this, but how about Minnesota.
    It really isn't as cold as everyone thinks, in fact, in the summer it gets alot warmer here than most of the country. It has the largest metro area furthest away from both Anaheim and Orlando, and the Mall of America already attracts more people than both American Disney resorts. Of course any park would need some tweeking here and there but theres plenty o' land and plenty o' natural beauty up here!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast