Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chicken Pox?

• Senior Minion

Re: Chicken Pox?

I had them when I was in pre-school. My mom made sure that we got them when we were young.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I got them when I was 17. I had a really high fever andcovered in chicken pos. Not fun.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• She was sweet as a peach

I got them when I was 11. About 4 of us in the 5th grade got them. I had them all over-even in my eye. Fortunately it was just a red blotch and didn't hurt my eye at all. I still have a scar on my forehead.
    I actually had fun. I got to read and watch videos all week.

• Hiding in the shadows

Lets see, I was 16 and it sucked. It was only a mild case but it was my senior year of HS and that time off school really hurt. Then I got them again when I was 19 and got them from a co-worker that I shared a register with at work. It was a very bad case but oh did I itch. Apparantly the first case I got was too mild so my body didnt build up against it or whatever. I didnt believe the doctor that it was possible until I had my third battle with EBV when I was 6mos PG with my son. Apparantly I have a really weak immune system

A little piece of heaven

• Circle of Ancients

I had them at age 9. I still have a couple of scars from the chicken pox. Both my girls got them very young. DD1 at age 5 and DD2 at age 1.

My brother also had the chicken pox twice and I know for sure the second time around was shingles.

For those that haven't had chicken pox, I suggest you get vaccinated. Shingles are painful.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

It was when I turned 4. Right in the middle of summer. There was me, running around the house in my undies trying not to scratch all my chicken pox.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Queen of Sarcasm

I got them when I was 8 years old. It was the year of the chicken pox for my class because every week there was like 2 people out with it. It wasn't that bad but I do have three scars from them.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    I was 13. Missed the last 2 weeks of my 7th grade year. I got them from a kid that sat next to me in Geography. I remember him signing my yearbook saying "I am sorry i gave you the chicken pox."

I had them in sixth grade. I had a fever so I was home from school, but my mom was at work. I noticed a few spots on my stomach, so I took a really really hot shower for a long long time, not knowing what they were.

When I got out, I was covered. Turns out a long hot shower is NOT good for chicken pox. Oops. I had them down my throat, in my ears, on my scalp, EVERYWHERE. It was awful.

My oldest daughter got them when she was 11 months. She was covered from head to toe, in her ears, everywhere, too.

The other two have been immunized and exposed more than once.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Stinkerbell- you are right about heat not being good for chicken pox. Nor is 'sunlight'.

The day prior to my 'breakout' I had a horrible headache. I remember it was Father's Day 1984 - and we were at my Grandma Teresa's house. My Aunt Sheila suggested that I go take a swim- so I did. And I just floated along on a raft for awhile and relaxed. The headache didn't go away totally, but I felt better.

Come to find out, when just about to break out with chicken pox, the area of one's body that is MOST exposed to the sun will break out the most! HELLO? The raft and the pool the day before? I was a sad case indeed.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I remember my brother having them when he was little and my mom remembers my brother having them, but neither me or my mom remember if I had them. Weird! It seems like I did, but neither of us can remember when it was or really if I did. So I don't know.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Let's hope you had them!

• Main Gypsy

OMG! I got them when I was 27! My son got them first, he was 3 at the time and then I got them. It was the worst time of my life. I had them everywhere and I mean everywhere! I even had them in my eyes and had to put drops in them. The worst was the soles of my feet because it hurt to walk or stand. My Dr said she had never seen such a bad case in an adult...nice...

• most magical vaca ever

I got them when I was in the 7th grade... Dr thought I was immune to them all those years but nope... Finally caught them from a 1st grader "Nancy" that I used to watch after school...

I then passed them onto my sister who was 18 and a senior in High School. She had them 10x's worse than me

Knock on wood (bangs on head) both of my kids have been vaccinated for the Chicken Pox and so far so good
    ~~~~~~

•   

You guys have good memories....
    I can't remember when I had them but I know I had them. I was very young, I know that. My Mom and Dad said I had them pretty bad but again, I don't remember. I know I do have a scar on the side of my nose so that I have a little something to remind me I had them.

Some of you guys have had them really bad!!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Band_of_Gypsies View Post
    OMG! I got them when I was 27! My son got them first, he was 3 at the time and then I got them. It was the worst time of my life. I had them everywhere and I mean everywhere! I even had them in my eyes and had to put drops in them. The worst was the soles of my feet because it hurt to walk or stand. My Dr said she had never seen such a bad case in an adult...nice...
    YIKES! Chicken pox are way worse when you're an adult. Neither of my kids have had them yet (they are 6 and 4). I hope they get them sooner rather than later.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast