Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Red Face Odd predicament.

Okay so right now I'm working at Albertsons, I was hired last week as a cashier. I worked my first night tonight. I asked them for only 25 hours a week maximum due to school and such. I looked at my schedule I'm scheduled 35 hours this week. I go on my break and receive a phone call to work at a job I've been wanting for a year where the hours will be what I want. I'm faced with an odd predicament. Do I stay at Albertsons because I make more (but work way too much) or do I go to the new job where I make less (but have a way more enjoyable schedule)? I just feel bad quitting Albertsons so soon but I guess sooner is better than later when I am more settled in.

(And yes, I quit Disney and their 40+ work weeks).

• Man O Lantern

Re: Odd predicament.

• Banned User

I just got hired Friday does that strike affect me? Man I am so quitting.

• All you need is LOVE

Whats other job?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Whats other job?
    Color Me Mine, it's a paint your own ceramics store and it's really relaxed and fun, I've helped there many times so I already know how to do the job.

• Practically Perfect

If they're not going to work with you, then obviously they don't appreciate you (and their other employees) the way they should. It's up to you, but I hope it works out for you whatever you decide!

• All you need is LOVE

Well if that's job you want go for it and hours you need

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

With the looming strike, I'd say go to Color Me Mine. More stable, and sounds like you'd enjoy it more. Nothing quite sucks more than having a job you are really dissatisfied at.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    With the looming strike, I'd say go to Color Me Mine. More stable, and sounds like you'd enjoy it more. Nothing quite sucks more than having a job you are really dissatisfied at.
    I understand that most people aren't THRILLED to be going to work and such and while I do like my work at Albertsons (from what I could experience in one day) I do think this strike situation is messy and I'm in no mood for a full time job with full time college.

• Minion

Blog Entries

before i quit id approch whoever does your sceduales, if they are unwilling to comprimise then you have to quit, if they fix it, no worries

• Hiding in the shadows

I would go with Color Me Mine, although I am biased because I love that place. But with whats going on in the business right now, Albertsons doesnt seem real stable. If the strike impacts you then you are stuck striking, otherwise you woudl be corssing the picket line daily which would be hard to deal with, plus they may increase your hours even more.

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I wouldn't feel bad about quitting soon. You should, however, try to give proper notice to the job you have now if you decide to leave.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Eagle Wings, you should go for the job you want .

• That Guy

EW,

You are learning the valuable lesson of 'quality of life' There will always be jobs that pay more, but you are unhappy there, so it's not worth it. I worked at a grocery store for over four years and I know what you mean, they don't care what hours you CAN work, they will make you do whatever they need. Do what's best for you, and get out of there. Your quality of life is worth more than the buck or two difference in pay.

• Banned User

Thank you everybody, I'm going to talk to the manager of the Color Me Mine today and go from there. But with this strike business I definetely don't want to stay at Albertsons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast