•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Ever had a defensive boss?

I am not quite sure what to do about this situation so I am looking for some advice.

I do payroll for the shop here and it's due by Tuesday morning to the Corporate office. Well I provided my boss with all the time cards yesterday morning and they sat on his desk until today. So I had one of the guys with a key to his office, open it up so I could get the time cards this morning so I could get in the time.

Well he comes in (late mind you which is most of the time) and I told him what I did and he gets really defensive and says, "Don't do that again."

So I explain myself, "I had Kenny do it because the payroll is due today and I wasn't sure if you would be in today."

His response, "Well the payroll got done when you were sick for two days a few weeks ago didn't it."

I said, .."What, does that have to do with this situation? I was just explaining to you why I went into your office this morning."

I was kind of taken aback by this statement, mainly because I got the impression he was trying to make me feel bad because I was sick ( I had a fever of 102 off and on for two days a few weeks ago.) I'm not one to take off work unless I am REALLY sick, which further irritates me because I feel that I shouldn't have to defend myself when I was sick.

So I'm kind of torn, part of me wants to let it go but then to me it gives him the opportunity to walk over me in the future and treat me that poorly but the other part of me feels I should tell him that I didn't appreciate being made to feel bad for being sick when he was acting defensively.

*sighs* What do you think?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Ever had a defensive boss?

Just let it go, write it off as a one-time thing. Maybe he had something serious on his mind or was dealing with something personal. If it happens again, that is the time to say something.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I just found out his girlfriend just left him and moved out. Well that explains it....

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Sucks that he had to take it out on you!!! But at least you know now that it had nothing to do with you.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

See, there's usually an explanation behind these kinds of situation, and I've found in my experience that it is rarely ever a personal attack.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/