Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Does anyone know of any inexpensive wedding locations in So. California.?

My friend is getting married and she has a tight budget. She's looking at spending about $5k on the location. She wants to get married there and have the reception there until at least midnight. It will be a late afternoon wedding. I drew a blank on locations. Does anyone know of any?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Does anyone know of any inexpensive wedding locations in So. California.?

Geeze... we've been looking at places for weeks for my daugher. What kind of location is she looking for? Is it going to be formal, semi formal or casual?

Tracy... I have to leave for work in a couple of minutes but I might have some sites bookmarked. I'll look later.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Geeze... we've been looking at places for weeks for my daugher. What kind of location is she looking for? Is it going to be formal, semi formal or casual?

Tracy... I have to leave for work in a couple of minutes but I might have some sites bookmarked. I'll look later.
    It sounds like it will be semi-formal to formal. I don't think she cares where it is at this point. She has been looking for a few months now. She just wants it to be pretty.

• For old time sake

I'd suggest the location where I had my reception, but you'd have to be out by 10:30pm.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Minion

What about a place near or on the beach? Man, that would be cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    I'd suggest the location where I had my reception, but you'd have to be out by 10:30pm.
    where did you have your reception?

Stay single.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarLion View Post
    Stay single.
    yeah, i am.....kind of...except for the common law thing.

my friend got married in vegas last summer, but she is having the large wedding part this summer. So, she needs a location.

Just want to clarify, the 5K budget is the total for location and food or just location?

• insufferable know-it-all

I've attended a few weddings at Pickwick in the Valley. Doesn't look like much when you approach it, but it's a nice place once you're in there. It's an outdoor ceremony venue, like a garden, surrounded by 4 reception rooms. Supposed to be one of the better priced venues.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by Eflime View Post
    Just want to clarify, the 5K budget is the total for location and food or just location?
    just the locations. she has the food, flowers, and photographers...I think she is still looking for a DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    I've attended a few weddings at Pickwick in the Valley. Doesn't look like much when you approach it, but it's a nice place once you're in there. It's an outdoor ceremony venue, like a garden, surrounded by 4 reception rooms. Supposed to be one of the better priced venues.
    thank you, I'm making a list for her.

I just found the Ivy house. It's really inexpensive. is anyone familiar with that one?

• Minion

A museum maybe? My friends just got married at a museum (Bakersfield Museum of Art) and they could have had their reception there as well, but chose to have it at a local (in their area) Doubletree. I believe the museum was like $400 for the rental and it was outside.

• insufferable know-it-all

Here's the Pickwick site: http://www.pickwickgardens.com/sqs/d...dex=2&tabid=19

Just tell her not to be freaked out if she happens to drive up on the bowling alley side... it's quite a complex, they have a bowling alley, an ice rink, and up top, the wedding gardens.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    A museum maybe? My friends just got married at a museum (Bakersfield Museum of Art) and they could have had their reception there as well, but chose to have it at a local (in their area) Doubletree. I believe the museum was like $400 for the rental and it was outside.
    TY, that's a great idea. i really think she can do better than 5k. these are young kids and they are paying for the wedding themselves. The work full time and go to college full time as well as going above and beyond helping their families out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast