Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

AHHH!!! Crocodile eats forearm of Vet!! (WARNING: really gross pics from Yahoo News!)

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids...1292165505.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2...ack_tpe804.jpg

A crocodile at a zoo in the southern Taiwan city of Kaohsiung holds the forearm of a zoo veterinarian in between its teeth, April 11, 2007. The crocodile bit off the arm of the zoo veterinarian treating it, an official reported.
    Last edited by Disneyphile; 04-12-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Changed hotlinked photos to links.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Re: AHHH!!! Crocodile eats forearm of Vet!! (WARNING: really gross pics from Yahoo Ne

talk about biting the hand that feeds you (rimshot)
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Mexihick, y'all

Re: AHHH!!! Crocodile eats forearm of Vet!! (WARNING: really gross pics from Yahoo Ne

Is there a link to the actual news article?

Sorry, couldn't find a link to any article, just the picture. If you go to Yahoo and click on "Popular" on the front page, you can see the pictures on the right of the page. That's where I got them from.

• Banned User

So that's why we should leave animals alone and stop putting them in zoos.

• Mexihick, y'all

No, that's why you should sedate an animal prior to doing any procedures on it.

• This space for rent

• Comin' at ya!

1: This needs to go in the litter box.

2: I think that's fake because that photo surfaced last year, but the date says 2007.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• I am a Pluto lover

Eeewww... Glad you warned about the pic... still had to look tho...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post

2: I think that's fake because that photo surfaced last year, but the date says 2007.
    Tell me how you really feel.

• That Guy

Wow, I guess vet care there costs an arm and a.....oh wait, I guess just an arm.

• That Guy

Veterinarian's lower left arm bitten off by crocodile at zoo
    By Chang Ling-yin
    Taiwan News, Staff Reporter
    Page 3
    2007-04-12 12:10 AM A veterinarian yesterday had his lower left arm bitten off by a Nile crocodile at the Shoushan Zoo in the southern city of Kaohsiung while examining the reptile which had not eaten for a week because it was ill.
    The 38-year-old veterinarian Chang Po-yu, who is also an experienced zookeeper, was immediately rushed to the Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital. His arm, which was bitten off just below the elbow, could not be removed from the mouth of the crocodile until the police fired gunshots at the reptile.
    Ten minutes after the limb was brought to the hospital, Chang underwent emergency surgery to reattach his arm, the hospital said.
    The hospital said it expected the surgery, which was scheduled to be completed at 10:30 p.m. last night, to be successful as the limb had been kept on ice and sent to the hospital within two hours after the accident occurred.
    According to the hospital, Chang was conscious upon arrival at the hospital and requested the doctor and his colleagues to find his missing forearm, even as he cried out in pain.
    Hau Chien-sheng, secretary-general to Kaohsiung Mayor Chen Chu (陳菊), visited Chang and members of family yesterday and gave the assurance that the Kaohsiung City Government will provide any assistance necessary.
    The city government said that Chang was attacked by the crocodile when he tried to pull a needle from its body. Chang regarded all the animals at the zoo almost as his own children, the zoo said, adding that the vet had swum into the cages of tigers and lions during a flood on July 11, 2001 to save the animals' lives. Last month, an orangutan at the zoo bit off part of a three-year-old boy's right ring finger when the child got too close to the animal as he trying to feed it.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    So that's why we should leave animals alone and stop putting them in zoos.
    Zoos serve a purpose. Especially for animals whose natural habitats are disappearing because of the effects of human population pressure, especially pollution and development.

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    No, that's why you should sedate an animal prior to doing any procedures on it.
    Unfortunately, seems like that's what the vet was trying to do when this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post

Why should it go in the litter box? The thread title had a warning. You don't want to see the severed arm? Don't click! Simple. *shrug*

And it's not fake. This is showing up on several news outlets.
    She did it!

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    Zoos serve a purpose. Especially for animals whose natural habitats are disappearing because of the effects of human population pressure, especially pollution and development.

But how do you know the croc wasn't a part of ZAP (Zoo Animals Pissed) and this was a start of a revolution? I hear this was the start of a ziot (zoo riot) but the elephants were too busy playing in the water to do their part.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

At least the guy treated the animals like his family and not his wife - the ending could have been a lot different.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast