Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• That Guy

Re: Virginia Tech Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    What difference could that possibly make? Are you suggesting that cops actually enjoy having to shoot another human being, no matter the reason? 'Cuz if that's the case, I don't want anyone being a cop if they take pleasure in shooting people.

What difference?

Why does this SOB deserve the chicken sh-- way out?

How do you make such a huge leap in logic and make the assumption you made?

• ..but you can call me Pam

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I saw this on the news this morning. Why did the guy do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post

1. Think.

2. Write.

3. Review & edit.

4. Post.
    Don't worry about it barfownz, I've heard reporters ask this same question to the police today.

• ..but you can call me Pam

What difference?

Why does this SOB deserve the chicken sh-- way out?

How do you make such a huge leap in logic and make the assumption you made?
    I agree with you on this one Max. Quite a leap.

• Man O Lantern

There is a special place in hell for that piece of shiit who could do such a thing.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved, an especially all the Public Safety folks who never dreamed they would be tasked with such a nightmare.
    Agreed and agreed. That's probably the last thing they expected. I feel so badly for everyone.

I have a request.

So far we have avoided any wacky theories about Friday the 13th, or other historic tragedies, and dumb attempted correlations. I am pleased that is the case, because I find it really distasteful. My hope is that that thread continues to be one with class, and respect for the entire state of Virginia. I have seen similar threads here, towards the end where people make some really random speculations, or other uncouth statements that really don't have a place here.

Thank you.
    So far so good. And you're right, no debating, just a place to vent our feelings and read news updates.

Why did the guy do it?
    What does it matter? It's a horrific tragedy, there's no excuse or reason necessary.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I think instead of turning this thread into some kind of debate, we all need to focus on sending positive energy to the victims and their families on this one. Why he did it is a non-issue. Who killed him is a non-issue. Whether or not they enjoyed killing him is a non-issue. the fact of the matter is there are so many innocent lives that have been cut short in a horrible act of violence, and we should be thinking long and hard about THAT over anything else.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

And I completely agree with Max and stinkerbell.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    And I completely agree with Max and stinkerbell.
    Me, three.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I think instead of turning this thread into some kind of debate, we all need to focus on sending positive energy to the victims and their families on this one. Why he did it is a non-issue. Who killed him is a non-issue. Whether or not they enjoyed killing him is a non-issue. the fact of the matter is there are so many innocent lives that have been cut short in a horrible act of violence, and we should be thinking long and hard about THAT over anything else.

You're right.

I know for me, I can get heated about a serious issue with this magnitude, and then maybe turn that angst in a direction that it may not belong. And like you said, this is a tragedy, and we all agree on that.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

You're right.

I know for me, I can get heated about a serious issue with this magnitude, and then maybe turn that angst in a direction that it may not belong. And like you said, this is a tragedy, and we all agree on that.
    And I'm not saying people shouldn't get heated. Hell, I'm pissed off like you wouldn't believe over this. I just felt that now isn't the time to turn things into any endless numbers of debates that stuff like this seems to devolve into. It feels to me like it would be disrespectful to the innocent people who lost their lives today. Love ya, MF.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

The press conference is going on right now and the police have said the shooter killed himself.

• All you need is LOVE

I feel so bad for the people who lost the life's and there families

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Agreed!!! Not only that but lives of those who survived are forever changed. Fear has been instilled into this University. Our thoughts andprayers should be going out to the vitims, their families, and the survivors and families as well. For many this is only the beginning of a long battle and healing process. Post traumatic stress disorder is an ugly thing and you have to wonder how many of these students will suffer from it as a result of this tragedy.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It's pretty somber here in Virginia right now.

VA Tech is a very popular in-state school. Most 'locals' go there or UVA. Literally dozens of alumni in my office alone. Not a pretty day.

.......The campus is a VERY small college town in rural Virginia settled in the base of the mountains. Kids are going to be very shook up there.
    It would make more sense that something like this would happen at an inner city school, not Tech. I have classmates from Tech that talked about walking around campus at 2am without a second thought. It was known as a safe school. Thankfully, none of their friends or family members at Tech were involved.

I can't imagine what everyone there is going through. I'm praying for them.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Man O Lantern

We've sorta quietly agreed in the Debate forum not to get into the gun thing for a while. This is just too tragic to let it fuel debate.

• For old time sake

Unless this incident happened at the coma wing of a retirement home, there is no way on earth that this guy could kill 30 people with a Machate. Guns are indeed the issue in this case. If we want to discuss it, let's start a new thread somewhere else.
    I vote the Litter box since people LOVE to defend their right to bear arms there.

Thank you.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast