Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Very Personal Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Folly View Post
    Son of a... You took the title of my next thread.
    You too? Wait a minute.....I wonder if we know the same guy. Im gonna PM you.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Mexihick, y'all

sunnygirl is 110% correct. The web is a huge thing, and more than this community is knowing about your personal issues.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I agree with you 100% Sunnygirl, it's good to remind people just to be careful what you post in public forums. Although we have some wonderful members here at MC, guests can view the public forums at anytime.
    Something for everyone to be aware of.

Great post Sunnyg!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Mexihick, y'all

Hi, I agreed 110%, which means I'm 10% better than you. Thanks.

• Banned User

I also agree.

I don't post anything too personal.

• So Far E!

I think it's up to the person... I might put out there that my husband and I aren't getting along. Am I worried that someone will use that against me??? No. As for employers... maybe I'm not understanding but I don't think an employer would hold it against someone if they have a health or abuse issue. As for me... pictures... you could be out at Disney and any one can take a picture of you and your family and do something weird with it. As long as I don't have my physical address and phone number out there, I'm not worried about anyone seeing any pictures of me or my family. My mother in law is paranoid about EVERYTHING on the web. I mean technically, just saying we have kids and then saying we are going to meet at one of the parks on a particular day would be dangerous... Just saying we are going to meet PERIOD could pose a threat. I just say everyone use your own judgement.

It's nice you brought it up though for those who are worried about these kinds of things.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MissTheMouse View Post
    I think it's up to the person... I might put out there that my husband and I aren't getting along. Am I worried that someone will use that against me??? No. As for employers... maybe I'm not understanding but I don't think an employer would hold it against someone if they have a health or abuse issue. As for me... pictures... you could be out at Disney and any one can take a picture of you and your family and do something weird with it. As long as I don't have my physical address and phone number out there, I'm not worried about anyone seeing any pictures of me or my family. My mother in law is paranoid about EVERYTHING on the web. I mean technically, just saying we have kids and then saying we are going to meet at one of the parks on a particular day would be dangerous... Just saying we are going to meet PERIOD could pose a threat. I just say everyone use your own judgement.

It's nice you brought it up though for those who are worried about these kinds of things.

OK, I'll admit it. I'm not really paranoid, and I'm not really concerned for anyone here. I just don't want to know most of this stuff about everybody else. TMI, y'know?

Edited to add: Just being sarcastic and snarky. Don't get riled.
    Last edited by sunnygirl; 04-21-2007 at 07:37 PM.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    OK, I'll admit it. I'm not really paranoid, and I'm not really concerned for anyone here. I just don't want to know most of this stuff about everybody else. TMI, y'know?

I'm with you. I personally don't care about your personal problems. If I like you, I do. Even IF I like you, I don't want to know about your urinating problems, your issues with your husbands mothers cat, or your transmission.

• So Far E!

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I'm with you. I personally don't care about your personal problems. If I like you, I do. Even IF I like you, I don't want to know about your urinating problems, your issues with your husbands mothers cat, or your transmission.
    That kinda takes the point away of most conversations doesn't it?

If I see a topic that I really have no interest in, I just don't read or finish reading it. I say that because sometimes something pops in a topic that wasn't the "main" point but if it seems to be drifting in a directiong that I could care less about... I stop reading it.

Please understand I am not intending to come off rude here but some people don't really have anywhere else to get things off their chest and some people are more open and social about their lives and if anyone isn't interested then I would recommend just bypassing those topics ya know?

Just my opinion and you're completely entitled to yours.

• Mexihick, y'all

No.

It doesn't.

• Circle of Ancients

[QUOTE=Max Fischer;1656809] Some things just aren't appropriate to share with strangers.

I think sometimes people share things that are very personal with total strangers so that they can get an unbiased opinion. Or maybe they really have no one in their real life that they feel safe or comfortable talking about these things to. I agree that some topics might be better to disclose in a Gold thread , but maybe they don't have Gold yet or maybe they haven't been invited/accepted into one of the Gold clubs yet.

It is truly puzzling. I get especially creeped out about threads where people are seeking information that is TOO important to get wrong, and risk bad info. I LOVE MC, but I won't come here for legal advice, dental care, medical opinions, etc. This is a fun place with warm people, and I like to enjoy it for what it is.

I completely agree with you on that. Hopefully people realize that whatever information they get here is based on others' personal opinions and experiences, but that they should still seek professional help for a lot of these things. Unfortunately, lack of money is an issue for many. But I hope people know that there are services available on a sliding scale for those who need it.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

If I see a topic that I really have no interest in, I just don't read or finish reading it. I say that because sometimes something pops in a topic that wasn't the "main" point but if it seems to be drifting in a directiong that I could care less about... I stop reading it.

Please understand I am not intending to come off rude here but some people don't really have anywhere else to get things off their chest and some people are more open and social about their lives and if anyone isn't interested then I would recommend just bypassing those topics ya know?

I think in some situations its really not smart to post such personal things. Heres an example:
    Person A has just left her husband. She says some mean things about him on here. They go through a nasty divorce. He stumbles on MC and sees what she has said about him. He can use that against her in court.
    See what Im saying?
    the above example is not about someone on here who has posted something like that, its merely an example i made up to prove my point.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Good sharing = Hey, MiceChat! I got a promotion!

Bad sharing = Hey, MiceChat! It burns when I pee.

Again, see my above post.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• So Far E!

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I think in some situations its really not smart to post such personal things. Heres an example:
    Person A has just left her husband. She says some mean things about him on here. They go through a nasty divorce. He stumbles on MC and sees what she has said about him. He can use that against her in court.
    See what Im saying?
    the above example is not about someone on here who has posted something like that, its merely an example i made up to prove my point.
    I understand I just had to get my two cents in. I didn't see anything wrong with your post, I just have my own opinions about it. I don't expect to see eye to eye with everyone here. By the way... I like the little writing you put at the bottom, I picture it being said in that voice cardealers use after telling you they will sell you a car for $99. Then they throw in Offer good for the next two seconds, in those next two seconds we have the right to raise the price by multiplying it by four thousand, if you blink the offer is void.

• Circle of Ancients

oops!
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 04-21-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast