Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Very Personal Threads

Mod Note: Let's try and get back to Sunnyg's original topic!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• A Pirate's life for me!

^^^^^^

Thank you!

• Mexihick, y'all

My pee pee and poo poo hole hurts.

Indeed, the Whaaaaaaaambulance drivers are over-worked from the internetz traffic & need a well-deserved vacation. Please exercise discretion...thank you.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

gosh dang.. it's smart alec alley

I just think it's kind of cheap to start a thread with "be careful" and really mean "stop posting stuff thats TMI for me."

Nobody makes anyone read anything.... you kind of click on things yourself. Ya know?
    Last edited by Missviolet; 04-21-2007 at 08:56 PM.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Minion

maybe these people who are posting such personal stuff have NO-ONE else to talk to, or are too embaressed to talk to poeple face-to-face abouit thesde problems. Maybe they feel comfortable sharing things with people that they do not actually know, and MAYBE that's better than them keeping it to themselves suffereing in silence. If I can help anyone here by offering them comfort or a shoulder or advice, then I will, because I would hate to have someone here in pain or sorrow if we here can help and let them know they are not alone

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    maybe these people who are posting such personal stuff have NO-ONE else to talk to, or are too embaressed to talk to poeple face-to-face abouit thesde problems. Maybe they feel comfortable sharing things with people that they do not actually know, and MAYBE that's better than them keeping it to themselves suffereing in silence. If I can help anyone here by offering them comfort or a shoulder or advice, then I will, because I would hate to have someone here in pain or sorrow if we here can help and let them know they are not alone
    True dat. Sistah.

Same here.

Toast soothes the soul. And it has almost been scientifically proven 100% to make you happy!!

(And yes, I'm happy, because I've just had toast!!)

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    While I am babbling, another trend I have seen, is that people who do not completely agree with the OP, are pretty much burned at the stake. One of the best things about MC, is that you can get dozens of different views on issues. Even in the debate lounge, people can respectfully disagree, and do so in a positive way, but here in the lounge, it's like Jonestown. Either drink the KoolAid, or get out. That is puzzling to me. I feel if a user is following the terms of good conduct, they can write whatever they feel.
    I see a lot of that, too. Sometimes, when you fail to move in step with the herd, you get trampled.

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    That is truly sad. I hope you are not correct. I would hate to think that an online discussion board was the only place I could go to discuss the most important things in my life. I prefer to just think that some of us wear our hearts on our sleeves a bit more than others, and a bit more than many of us think one should.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    gosh dang.. it's smart alec alley

I just think it's kind of cheap to start a thread with "be careful" and really mean "stop posting stuff thats TMI for me."

Nobody makes anyone read anything.... you kind of click on things yourself. Ya know?
    If you re-read my post, you will see that I was being sarcastic about the TMI thing. I love MC and most of our members, and I was being genuinely concerned. I thought it was a valid point and a valid issue to be addressed at this time. I didn't want it to turn into a battle or a snark fest.

I think it's kind of cheap to be judgemental when you don't know anything about me or my intentions. I don't feel the need to answer to you or anybody else regarding my sincerity.

You are right, however, nobody does make me read anything. My concern was not for me, I could care less who has a raging STD or is being abused or has been wronged by their man or anything else. I was just giving a friendly reminder that there are many, many eyes on MiceChat. I had hoped it would give some of our members a moment to pause and reflect before sharing intimate details of their lives with a bunch of virtual strangers.

BTW, at this very moment there are 421 unregistered guests viewing MC.
    Last edited by sunnygirl; 04-21-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Regarding sunnygirl's point, I don't really see the posting of personal matters to be that big of an issue, as long as it is done in a certain way. If done tactfully, articulately and intelligently then there really shouldn't be any problem with seeking support here. This is a great place for it. However, if one titles their thread with the ominous heading OMG! Medical DISASTOR!! I need advice on a will!!!!! and then goes on to say, "Today I was totally shocked to find a loose sliver of skin protruding from the tip of my left index finger right next to the nail and OMG OMG I think it means I have Ebola and I tried to see my doctor but he's busy until Tuesday and OMG OMG I don't think I'll live that long!! What do I do what do I do I'm too young to die! OMG OMG! Should I sign a DNR?!?!?!?!?!?!?" then they really can't expect to be taken seriously and should perhaps rethink their posting strategy. Also, as a community we are the ones who set the precedent for such behavior. If posters who engage in such activities are consistently pandered to and given an overabundance of attention, then others will be emboldened to do so as well. It's a vicious cycle, and OMG OMG I don't know what to do about it!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post

I think it's kind of cheap to be judgemental when you don't know anything about me or my intentions.

I was just saying.. it sounded kinda hidden adgenda. I guess I took it the wrong way. It is good to remind people that many others are reading, but if you don't want to hear about anyone's STD (ect.), don't click the link. And if you happen to and don't like it... hit the backspace button and move on.

Also, you might not know anything about the poster of an offending thread or THEIR intentions.. Sometimes people need a release and this is all they know. As long as it doesn't violate the MC rules... go for it. If someone doesn't like a thread, well, that's life.

It's all good.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    OMG! I SO TOTALLY HATE YOU! omg omg!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DISGFFEBJVBBRUBAFJbVJBRWEO, I'M SO MAD I TALK IN JIBBERISH CAUSE I DISAGREE WITH YOU!
    I just have to publicly acknowledge your awesomeness.

Awesomeness acknowledged.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Regarding sunnygirl's point, I don't really see the posting of personal matters to be that big of an issue, as long as it is done in a certain way. If done tactfully, articulately and intelligently then there really shouldn't be any problem with seeking support here. This is a great place for it. However, if one titles their thread with the ominous heading OMG! Medical DISASTOR!! I need advice on a will!!!!! and then goes on to say, "Today I was totally shocked to find a loose sliver of skin protruding from the tip of my left index finger right next to the nail and OMG OMG I think it means I have Ebola and I tried to see my doctor but he's busy until Tuesday and OMG OMG I don't think I'll live that long!! What do I do what do I do I'm too young to die! OMG OMG! Should I sign a DNR?!?!?!?!?!?!?" then they really can't expect to be taken seriously and should perhaps rethink their posting strategy. Also, as a community we are the ones who set the precedent for such behavior. If posters who engage in such activities are consistently pandered to and given an overabundance of attention, then others will be emboldened to do so as well. It's a vicious cycle, and OMG OMG I don't know what to do about it!

OMG! i forgot to tell everyone, my moms boyfriend stubbed his toe the other day, and the nail fell off, and OMG i think the WHOLE toe is gonna fall off andhe won't go the the doc or anything!

but no, really, he did and it did and it might

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I just have to publicly acknowledge your awesomeness.

Awesomeness acknowledged.

*imagine a penguin first*
    Bow down bow down, i feel your love
    Last edited by krystledm; 04-21-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast