Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Very Personal Threads

This is not intended to be a negative post in any way, and I certainly don't wish to offend anybody, but I have noticed a trend on the main forums lately.

We have a lot of people posting some very very personal issues that are happening in their lives. This in itself is not an issue, but I do want to remind all of our members that MiceChat is a public forum, and unless your thread is in MC Gold, anybody can view it, whether they are a member or not.

I know MC has some of the most supportive and wonderful people anywhere as members, but if you check the number of non members viewing the site at any given time, you will see that we have a lot of traffic.

Please just remember not to post anything in the public forums that you wouldn't want to be common knowledge to everybody with Internet access.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Very Personal Threads

?

• Still wants to be a cat!

I completely agree, be aware of what you are posting and who is reading it!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I couldnt agree more! Please be careful what you are posting. If you need to talk about something thats very personal I suggest joining MC Gold and joining one of the many clubs there.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

And please let me clarify, MC is a great community with so many caring individuals who have great wisdom and advice to dispense. Just remember that our members are not the only ones who can read the boards.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    ?
    What is so difficult to understand?

I agree with SunnyG 100%.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I agree...for instance I would never mention my explosive diaharea problem on here since...oh damn!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    ...oh damn!
    Did it strike again?
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Hard to believe, I know, but I am trying to be serious here, folks. I've seen some threads recently about stuff I wouldn't discuss with anybody but my friends, my family, or my therapist. And it's just kind of scary that people are putting it all out here for the whole world to see. We all need support at times, but sometimes I wonder if we're looking in the right place?

• That Guy

When I was in college, this would happen in class ALL the time.

It is called 'Inappropriate disclosure'

In essence, we would be discussing an issue, and someone would say, "I was raped.' or some other bombshell. Brave? Yes! Best time/place/audience? Nope.

There are things that are okay to share, and there are things that are better left private, or shared with close friends. Only each individual knows what is good to share, but I see threads here all the time, and I cannot begin to understand why someone would share something so personal, but that's just me.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Did it strike again?
    Let's just say it's a good thing my sofa is plastic covered!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Hard to believe, I know, but I am trying to be serious here, folks. I've seen some threads recently about stuff I wouldn't discuss with anybody but my friends, my family, or my therapist. And it's just kind of scary that people are putting it all out here for the whole world to see. We all need support at times, but sometimes I wonder if we're looking in the right place?
    And some of these people post pictures of themselves too!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Seriously though, you are right. There are always "guests" listed in most threads on the forum and no way to tell who these folks are. A public accessable forum is not the right place for personal issues/info to be disclosed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I agree Sunny. Of Course we can also use PM's if we want to have one-on-one, heart-to-heart conversations.

Thanks SunnyG for showing love and concern.

• Banned User

Hard to believe, I know, but I am trying to be serious here, folks. I've seen some threads recently about stuff I wouldn't discuss with anybody but my friends, my family, or my therapist.
    It depends on the person I guess. I won't volunteer information out of no where but I have no problem discussing almost any aspect of my life if asked a question about it.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast