Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• The Duck Rules

Update on judimouse

Thank you ever so much for taking care of me.

One of the best of the worst was the wonderful eye candy canoe castmembers "guarding me".

This is what happened. After the canoes we decided to ride Pooh. As I was entering the line my right leg just above the ankle had a very sharp pain. I didn't think much of it.

We rode the ride and when we got off and started walking the limping started. I looked at the group and said I think I am going to need a wheelchair. Two steps later I was on the ground.

Someone went to the hat store to have them bring a wheelchair. First came security and then nurse Tom who checked out the leg. He put a little ice pack one the spot that was hurting.

Tom gave Darkbeer a paper to go get me a wheelchair. They decided they need to get me out of the middle of the walkway so I was asked if I could walk to the bench across the way.

When I stepped on my foot I think I cried out in pain at Tom made the comment :ok, the pain is a ten".

The next think I know is Matt had Rayanne on a bench and her wheelchair for me to use to get to the bench.

I stayed in the chair until Darkbeer returned with my chair. While we waited Tom went for a large bag of ice. Lisa using an ace bandage wrapped up my foot with the ice. In fact she bacame nurse Lisa as she kept time of how long the ice was on and off my leg.

Darkbeer even went to the Disneyland Hotel to get me a wheelchair that we could use to get me to my car later in the day.

After the noon gathering we headed over to the Cove Bar. I had a couple of Kahula milkshake which don't have much in liquor but a lot of fat. Not the best thing to drink but I needed a comfort drink

I was to meet Mel at the Lost Bar at 4 PM but did not get their until 4:20 and so I missed him.

Thanks to Mark and Richard for wheeling me around and coming to my rescue at the Lost Bar when I needed someone to push be to my car. David and Lisa also showed up so we went in mass to my car.

I had no trouble driving home as I have had to use my left foot to drive before. Outside hitting the brakes a little hard the driving was find.

When I got home I found out just how bad the swelling was.

This morning the leg is a little tender but there is no pain. I plan on spending the next couple of days off my feet. It's going to seem funny not walking the park in the next two days.

Again thank you for all the well wishes and all of those that took care of me yesterday. I owe you all.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Update on judimouse

I am glad to see that there is no pain, but you should see a doctor and have it checked anyway. But I am glad you are doing better... I hope to see you at the meet again soon.

• Circle of Ancients

Glad your feeling better.

When we got to the hub for the 11:00 "meet" we had no idea what had happened. Glad you had some people there taking good care of you.

• I love loop jokes.

I'm glad you were around a bunch of friends who were able to help you out. I hope your up and running around soon!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Sorry for your spill and wish we could have done more to ease your pain. Luckily though you did have some great eye candy around with those canoe guides. Since I work for orthopedic doctors I am recommending you do get an x-ray and in the meantime do R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression and elevation). It was great to meet you yesterday and breakfast was yummy.

• Mexihick, y'all

Are you going to go to the doctor? Swelling and pain are indicators that something is wrong, I wouldn't let it go without seeing someone.

What pratt said, basically. RICE and X-Ray.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by judimouse View Post
    As I was entering the line my right leg just above the ankle had a very sharp pain. I didn't think much of it.

We rode the ride and when we got off and started walking the limping started. I looked at the group and said I think I am going to need a wheelchair. Two steps later I was on the ground.
    I would highly suggest you get the leg looked at. This doesn't sound like a strain or a sprain. There could be something cracked.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Senior Minion

I'm so happy to read that you were around some great people who helped you out on Sunday. To say I was shocked when I saw you later in the day would be an understatement ... but seeing you in good spirits even with being in the wheelchair was good.

I will also add to the consensus that you should get that looked at. I've read too many stories on mybrokenleg.com that started like yours ... where people didn't realize they had a fracture and some months later something happens where the break gets worse.

Thanks for the update though, and keep us up to date with how you're doing.

Glad to hear you are feeling better and that there's no pain-- I would recommend staying off of it as much as possible and definitely have it looked at!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I happy you ok

I do not want be a broken record, Go see doctor and RICE and X-ray

then a nice drink.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

•   
    • Super Hero

Glad you're okay, judimouse (but another vote to see your doctor).

Before you go to the doctor, though, uhh, just exactly where was it that you fell and were surrounded by hunky canoe guys? Just for reference purposes, you understand.

**off to practice my slip and gently fall technique**

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This all stems from wanting to go on Winnie the Pooh. Your ankle was begging you not to walk that way. You didn't listen so your ankle took matters into it's own hands, uhh, ankles.

Hope you are feeling better!

Chad

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Wow Judi, that was scary. How nice to have MC friends there to help you.

Glad you're feeling better. Get that ankle checked out.
    Last edited by disneytim; 04-23-2007 at 09:36 AM.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Yikes you poor thing! Hope that leg heals quickly!

• The Duck Rules

Ok, I have a doctor's appointment aqt 9:30 am tomorrow.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast