Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Ideas needed for a So Cal day trip (non disney)

My grandma's niece (I call her my aunt) will be here for 4 days this weekend. She went to Disney World for a week in Feb and has been to Disneyland before. So, we are looking to take her somewhere! We were thinking the wild animal park, but we weren't sure if that is to AK. She has been to MX before and Catalina. We are taking her to DTD and Goofy's kitchen on Sat, but not to Disneyland. It needs to be within about 2 hrs or less from Orange County.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Ideas needed for a So Cal day trip (non disney)

Hi Tracy,

If you are thinking of going to the Wild Animal Park, I'd drive a few extra miles and go to Sea World.

Chad

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Hi Tracy,

If you are thinking of going to the Wild Animal Park, I'd drive a few extra miles and go to Sea World.

Chad
    That's a good idea. I will find out if she has been recently. The reason we were thinking Wild Animal park is b/c my grandma has a pass and for the cost of 3 more tickets, my mum and I could get a pass and that would incl a free pass.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The wild animal park is great fun. Walk around a lot and then take the hour long tram type ride. Great ride for resting. This park has a lot of very steep hills, so make sure you drink enough. I'm sure the young one will enjoy feeding the Giraffes.

You'll have fun either way. My kids preferred the Wild Animal to the Zoo, but they enjoyed Sea World the best of the 3 San Diego parks.

You have a good attitude, no way you can't have fun.

Chad

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Theres also Universal Studios. I've never been there myself but it might be fun.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Theres also Universal Studios. I've never been there myself but it might be fun.
    It is fun PS. One thing Tracy didn't mention was her niece's age. Universal isn't that fun for kids 6 and under. For older kids it's great, especially with the Backlot tour. Some pretty wild rides too. Jurassic Park is one of my favorites, expect to get wet.

Again, have fun Tracy.

Chad

• Minion

The wild animal park is great fun. Walk around a lot and then take the hour long tram type ride. Great ride for resting. This park has a lot of very steep hills, so make sure you drink enough. I'm sure the young one will enjoy feeding the Giraffes.

You'll have fun either way. My kids preferred the Wild Animal to the Zoo, but they enjoyed Sea World the best of the 3 San Diego parks.

You have a good attitude, no way you can't have fun.

Chad
    Very true and we have a broken foot (me) and an 89yrold. No kids though! I love feeding the giraffes! Sea World is my fav too, but unfortunatly, I do not get to choose it on what I want, but more of what is best.
    Universal is a good one too, but not sure how my grandma would like that. She has been before, but not sure about my aunt.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Very true and we have a broken foot (me) and an 89yrold. No kids though! I love feeding the giraffes! Sea World is my fav too, but unfortunatly, I do not get to choose it on what I want, but more of what is best.
    Universal is a good one too, but not sure how my grandma would like that. She has been before, but not sure about my aunt.

Hmmm,

Knowing that I wouldn't recommend the Zoo or the Wild Animal park. Both have a lot of hills and would be tough on a broken foot, let alone someone close to 90. I guess if you know what you are in for it'll be OK, just remember it will be very tiring. And if the weather is in the 80s or up it'll make for a very long day.

Chad

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

It is fun PS. One thing Tracy didn't mention was her niece's age. Universal isn't that fun for kids 6 and under. For older kids it's great, especially with the Backlot tour. Some pretty wild rides too. Jurassic Park is one of my favorites, expect to get wet.

Again, have fun Tracy.

Chad
    Ah thats true! I didn't thing about that part of it! Then the Animal Park would be fun! Never been there either even though my daugher lives like a half hour away.

Um... so many places you could go... just I can't think of them right now.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Again, have fun Tracy.

Chad
    Oops. LOL. My aunt (grandma's niece) is in her mid 50's, I believe.
    And as for the zoo, we do that often, but they have this lovely bus that will pick you up and take you around the zoo for free if you can't do hills or have a wheelchair or a disability. We have been using that service for yrs! (a great little secret)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

I suggest the Griffith Observatory. You'll need to make advance reservations online for the shuttle buses from either Hollywood & Highland or from the L.A. Zoo. The shuttles do cost $, but if you're willing to plan things just right, you can get free reservations for the 48hr-advance tickets and get the shuttle from the Greek Theatre parking lot. While the Observatory won't take a whole day, you can combine that with a visit to either the L.A. Zoo or Hollywood. We spent a good 4 or 5 hours last fall at the Observatory. We love it! It's one of our favorite places to visit in the L.A. area.

More details can be found at the Griffith Observatory website.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    I suggest the Griffith Observatory. You'll need to make advance reservations online for the shuttle buses from either Hollywood & Highland or from the L.A. Zoo. The shuttles do cost $, but if you're willing to plan things just right, you can get free reservations for the 48hr-advance tickets and get the shuttle from the Greek Theatre parking lot. While the Observatory won't take a whole day, you can combine that with a visit to either the L.A. Zoo or Hollywood. We spent a good 4 or 5 hours last fall at the Observatory. We love it! It's one of our favorite places to visit in the L.A. area.

More details can be found at the Griffith Observatory website.
    Great idea! I will look into it.
    Keep the ideas coming! The more to pick from, the better!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

The Griffith Observatory would be fun! There is also the Queen Mary Tour and the Aquarium of the Pacific that is right next door to the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

• Minion

I am going to look into the Queen Mary. It has been YEARS since any of us have been to see her!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Be forewarned, I LOVE the Queen Mary and it really disappointed me last year when I was there.

How about heading up to the San Gabriel Valley. Hit the Huntington Library, Art Gallery and Botanical Gardens. Go, have a nice lunch there, walk around the gardens and gallery. Then head over to Old Town Pasadena. Walk the shops, maybe stop in at the Norton Simon Museum. Then have dinner at one of the many restaurants in Old Town.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast