Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• insufferable know-it-all

On the other hand, a great period musical like Music Man creates an expectation from its audience - and it's not of bare-bones set design, LOL.

As far as the city scape, I didn't mean proper Gobos, I mean actual slides and a slide projector! If you can't find photos, you could even just do a really great hand drawing, photographed

On the other hand, people LOVE the rotating sets

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Hmm... a train cart works, do it in pieces... use a dining car. Harold there sitting playing cards and smoking, and then the others on either side. Talk to your sound effects guy though and make sure he can get some train sounds... interior bkg with the train tracks clicking in the bkg. It really adds the the scene a lot.

Rotating sets are so awesome...we had them for Les Mis...and a rotating stage. I just wish I got paid for being a techie.

I don't know how much space you have availible for the cart, but if it's going to be small, I'd say halve the doorways (eg, have them only extend halfway forward of the back wall of the train)

I saw a cute theatrical trick on an old clip of the Judy Garland Show... they used 1" wide strips of wood to just barely imply the presence of the walls. Like, they had the windows (no glass, of course, just cross panes), and they were all connected by these long strips along the top and bottom, with a second strip about 4-6" below the bottom of the windows (chair rail-like), and additional pieces implying the roof line of the train car. It works quite well and is very economical.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Zissou: when were you in Les Mis?!?

My high school did it last year. And I must say it was very impressive. Our school musicals are almost professinal level, we go all out for them. It was an awesome show. This year we did My Favorite Year, not as exciting as Les Mis but still fun.

• șoș Tom șoș

Progress right here in River City!

Here is the first of many technical sketchs I did for the city over the weekend. I am sore and disappointed I don't have more time, money and resources cause I saw an amazing set design for this but I just don't have the space.

and here is the sketch and design for the Train car. This may get axed if we run out of time since we will only see it once, its not one of my priorities. I am already prediciting building the town, Mrs. Paroo's rotating house, a footbridge and props will exceede a full week's labor!

• I was deleted.

Wow! Looks great schucks. I would love to see this thing all pulled together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12