Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Find Your Spot.com

My boyfriend and I are trying to find where we want to move and I stumbled on this great website that asks you a whole mess of questions and then gives you the Top 25 places in the US that match your preferences.

It's interesting what came back for me, what did you get?

Salisbury, Maryland Maryland’s Secluded Retreat
    This active Maryland town has over 60 prominent business, social and community organizations…
    Population: 25,250 | Average Home Price: $211,000 | Precipitation: 44" | Snow: 13"

Hot Springs-Hot Springs Village, Arkansas America’s Natural Spa
    The world's largest documentary film festival is held in this Arkansas vacation spot each October…
    Population: 36,800 | Average Home Price: $169,000 | Precipitation: 54" | Snow: 5"

Hickory, North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountain Home
    This area in North Carolina is known as the nation's furniture manufacturing capital…
    Population: 39,500 | Average Home Price: $195,000 | Precipitation: 41" | Snow: 9"

Eureka Springs, Arkansas Playground of the Ozarks
    This Arkansas town's entire downtown district is on the National Register of Historic Places…
    Population: 2,300 | Average Home Price: $200,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 12"

Maryville, Tennessee Heart of the Smoky Mountains
    Located only 20 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, this spot boasts some of the region's best fishing and water sports…
    Population: 23,100 | Average Home Price: $174,000 | Precipitation: 46" | Snow: 12"

Hendersonville, North Carolina Jewel of the Blue Ridge
    To reach this Blue Ridge's town's historic depot, trains must climb the steepest main-line standard gauge tracks in the country...
    Population: 43,700 | Average Home Price: $179,000 | Precipitation: 50" | Snow: 11"

Holiday Island, Arkansas Where Every Day is a Holiday
    This planned community on 53,000-acre Table Rock Lake is the fastest-growing spot in this part of the Arkansas Ozarks…
    Population: 3,700 | Average Home Price: $190,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 9"

Heber Springs-Greers Ferry Lake, Arkansas A Natural Paradise
    The annual World Championship Cardboard Boat Races are held in this Arkansas town…
    Population: 6,750 | Average Home Price: $128,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 7"

Morgantown, West Virginia Best Little City in the East
    Once at the heart of the land battle between the French, Native Americans, and Colonists, this spot today is best known for it's top-notch university…
    Population: 26,800 | Average Home Price: $210,000 | Precipitation: 40" | Snow: 32"

Clayton, Georgia Georgia’s Mountain Town
    This northeast Georgia mountain town hosts the annual Rabun Arts Festival, attracting local and regional artists and musicians…
    Population: 2,065 | Average Home Price: $180,000 | Precipitation: 70" | Snow: 7"

Nantucket, Massachusetts New England at its Finest
    The great novel Moby-Dick is based on the true story of the Essex, a whaling ship from this Massachusetts town...
    Population: 9,500 | Average Home Price: $1,600,000 | Precipitation: 67" | Snow: 34"

Paris, Tennessee A Hidden Lakeshore Treasure
    This Tennessee town hosts the World's Biggest Fish Fry each April…
    Population: 9,700 | Average Home Price: $147,000 | Precipitation: 49" | Snow: 5"

Mountain Home/Bull Shoals, Arkansas Gateway to the Ozarks
    Nestled in the Ozark Mountains, this beautiful spot has some of the best fishing and boating opportunities anywhere…
    Population: 13,400 | Average Home Price: $137,000 | Precipitation: 42" | Snow: 8"

Easton, Pennsylvania The Waterfront Capital
    You can see crayons being made at the Crayola factory in this Pennsylvania town...
    Population: 26,200 | Average Home Price: $320,000 | Precipitation: 42" | Snow: 33"

Lewiston, Maine Cities on the Riverbank
    This Maine town celebrates its French-American culture with its annual Festival de Joie...
    Population: 35,900 | Average Home Price: $144,000 | Precipitation: 44" | Snow: 84"

Morganton, North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountain Home
    This area in North Carolina is known as the nation's furniture manufacturing capital…
    Population: 17,300 | Average Home Price: $165,000 | Precipitation: 41" | Snow: 9"

Fayetteville, Arkansas Light of the Ozarks
    Near the University of Arkansas campus, this town's Dickson Street is filled with lively bistros, night clubs and galleries…
    Population: 62,000 | Average Home Price: $193,000 | Precipitation: 42" | Snow: 10"

Middlebury, Vermont Progressive College Town
    This recreationally lucky spot is located in Vermont's Champlain Valley, between the Green Mountains and Lake Champlain…
    Population: 6,250 | Average Home Price: $179,000 | Precipitation: 40" | Snow: 60"

Brevard, North Carolina Land of Waterfalls
    This small town in North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains hosts one of the nation's premier summer music festivals…
    Population: 6,700 | Average Home Price: $280,000 | Precipitation: 65" | Snow: 10"

Mount Airy, North Carolina Small Town, USA
    "Mayberry Days" is put on each September by this Blue Ridge town, the birthplace of Andy Griffith...
    Population: 8,400 | Average Home Price: $100,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 10"

Hagerstown, Maryland The Hub City
    This Maryland town has many historic buildings, thanks in part to an 1864 "ransom" paid to keep the town from being burned by Confederates...
    Population: 37,000 | Average Home Price: $218,000 | Precipitation: 40" | Snow: 22"

Chattanooga, Tennessee City of Vision
    The beautiful former depot of this town's famous Choo-Choo is now a unique vacation complex…
    Population: 155,000 | Average Home Price: $146,000 | Precipitation: 54" | Snow: 10"

Greenville, South Carolina The Rising Star of the South
    The Peace Center for the Performing Arts presents theater and concerts in this South Carolina city's rejuvenated downtown…
    Population: 56,000 | Average Home Price: $190,000 | Precipitation: 51" | Snow: 7"

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia The Country’s First Spa
    George Washington soaked in the hot springs that gave rise to the country's first spa here in this West Virginia town...
    Population: 663 | Average Home Price: $165,000 | Precipitation: 37" | Snow: 30"

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Find Your Spot.com

All of mine were arkansas, maryland, new mexico, oregon, louisiana, west virginia and illinois.

I dont think I really want to live in any of those places.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Ok time for cocoa

None of these are even close to Disneyland. Just what where these questions. And how did you answer them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Here is my top results, Orlando is the only place I've considered before.

Charleston, South Carolina
    Cosmopolitan Southern City
    Fort Sumter, the scene of the first shots of the Civil War, overlooks this city's harbor...
    Population: 562,700 | Average Home Price: $270,000 | Precipitation: 52" | Snow: 0"

Augusta, Georgia
    Georgia’s Garden City
    The Masters golf tournament is held in this Georgia town each year…
    Population: 484,000 | Average Home Price: $250,000 | Precipitation: 42" | Snow: 0"

Orlando, Florida Florida’s Entertainment Capital
    In this entertainment mecca, you can wrestle alligators at Gatorland or have lunch with Mickey Mouse…
    Population: 1,645,000 | Average Home Price: $265,000 | Precipitation: 50" | Snow: 0"

Jacksonville, Florida
    Florida’s First Coast
    Here in Florida’s “youngest city” the median age is just 32…
    Population: 773,800 | Average Home Price: $291,000 | Precipitation: 54" | Snow: 0"

Chesapeake-Virginia Beach, Virginia
    The Southern Tidewater Region
    This Virginia beach town's annual Neptune Festival features sports competitions, an arts and crafts show, and a Grand Ball…
    Population: 624,000 | Average Home Price: $252,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 1"

Houston, Texas
    City of Excitement
    Texas won its independence from Mexico at a battle fought here in 1836; the city became the capital of the Republic of Texas...
    Population: 4,420,000 | Average Home Price: $180,000 | Precipitation: 48" | Snow: 0"

Remaining results:

Ocala, Florida
    Gainesville, Florida
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Biloxi-Gulfport, Mississippi
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Olympia, Washington
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Tampa, Florida
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Bradenton, Florida
    Jackson, Mississippi
    Athens, Georgia
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Savannah, Georgia
    Portland, Oregon
    Auburn, Alabama
    Tacoma, Washington
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 04-25-2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: formatting

• Man O Lantern

Mine is always the same, year after year! I live in Portland, so it turns out, it's right, for me. And I'd definitely live in any of the alternatives, esp. Baltimore and Boston!

Portland, Oregon City of Roses
    This Oregon city has the nation's largest forested municipal park, the aptly-named Forest Park…
    Population: 2,000,000 | Average Home Price: $259,000 | Precipitation: 36" | Snow: 5"

Read Report Visit this Spot Books/Info Internet Savvy Realtors View Jobs Moving? Find New Homes View Homes For Sale

Hartford, Connecticut The Insurance Capital
    This Connecticut city is home to America's oldest State House, oldest public art museum, and oldest continuously published newspaper...
    Population: 871,500 | Average Home Price: $221,000 | Precipitation: 41" | Snow: 42"

Read Report Visit this Spot Books/Info Internet Savvy Realtors View Jobs Moving? Find New Homes View Homes For Sale

Providence, Rhode Island New England’s Best Kept Kept Secret
    This Rhode Island spot is the home of the award-winning flaming sculpture WaterFire, installed on the three rivers of downtown...
    Population: 1,213,000 | Average Home Price: $242,000 | Precipitation: 48" | Snow: 32"

Baltimore, Maryland The Sparkling Harbor City
    This Atlantic seaboard city is home to the National Aquarium…
    Population: 651,000 | Average Home Price: $310,000 | Precipitation: 40" | Snow: 18"

New Haven, Connecticut Home of Yale University
    The first hamburger was cooked at Louis' Lunch in this Connecticut spot in 1900...
    Population: 542,000 | Average Home Price: $262,000 | Precipitation: 43" | Snow: 30"

Boston, Massachusetts America’s Walking City
    Here in "America's Walking City," you can stroll down to famous Franklin Park for the annual Kite Festival...
    Population: 3,400,000 | Average Home Price: $461,500 | Precipitation: 43" | Snow: 41"

• That Guy

I wonder if some towns/cities pay extra to have the results skewed?

I am not an East Coast guy, but the results say otherwise.

• Smile, It's Free!

LOL okay here we are. Interesting - especially as I have been to New York and Boston.

Las Vegas, Nevada
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Manhattan, New York
    Henderson, Nevada
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    more places in Massachusetts, New York, Texas and Virgina...

And my, you have cheap houses over there!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Just by the threads title I thought this was about another spot. Gee!

I've done these before and California always wins. Guess I'm where I belong

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Most of mine were in Southern California (with separate entries for "Orange County" and San Clemente), and a few Florida cities (Orlando was #4). Texas, Hawaii and Virginia filled out the list.

But at lucky #13 was Oakland. Oakland?!? I would move to a third world country before I lived in Oakland. Which brings to mind a joke....

-
    The coach had put together the perfect team for the Oakland Raiders. The only thing missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl victory.
    -
    Then one night, while watching CNN, he saw a war-zone scene in Afghanistan. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Afghan Muslim soldier with a truly incredible arm.
    -
    He threw a hand-grenade straight into a window from 80 yards away. Then he threw another grenade from 50 yards down a chimney, and then hit a passing car going 80 miles per hour.
    -
    I've got to get this guy!" coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!" So, he brings the young Afghan to the States and teaches him the great game of football ...... and sure enough the Raiders go on to win
    the Super Bowl.
    -
    The young Afghan is hailed as a hero of football, and when the Coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants to do is call his mother.
    -
    "Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"
    "I don't want to talk to you," the old Muslim woman says. "You disappointed us. You are not my son!"
    -
    "Mother, I don't think you understand," pleads the son, "I've just won the greatest sporting event in the world!"
    -
    "No! Let me tell you," his mother retorts, "at this very moment there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get assaulted!"
    -
    The old lady pauses, then tearfully says, "I will never forgive you for making us move to Oakland!"
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Senior Minion

Las Vegas, Nevada Entertainment Capital of the World
    Ladies' Home Journal called this one of its Best Cities for Women, citing skyrocketing job growth and shriveling crime rates…
    Population: 1,722,000 | Average Home Price: $250,000 | Precipitation: 5" | Snow: 1"

Tucson, Arizona Sonoran Desert Oasis
    Bicycling magazine ranked this Arizona city among the top three cities in North America for cycling…
    Population: 955,000 | Average Home Price: $260,000 | Precipitation: 11" | Snow: 0"
    Phoenix, Arizona Valley of the Sun
    This spot in the Sonoran Desert is the sixth largest city in the U.S. and boasts the largest (20,000 acres) municipal park in the world…
    Population: 3,500,000 | Average Home Price: $275,000 | Precipitation: 7" | Snow: 0"

San Diego, California California’s First City
    This highly livable city is home to one of the finest zoos in the world…
    Population: 1,266,700 | Average Home Price: $607,000 | Precipitation: 9" | Snow: 0"

Orange County, California Live The California Dream
    Home to 42 miles of sandy beaches and some of California's best known attractions, this spot boasts great surfing, sunning, and sailing…
    Population: 2,958,000 | Average Home Price: $685,000 | Precipitation: 12" | Snow: 0"
    Las Cruces, New Mexico City of the Sun
    Don Juan de Oñate explored this sunny spot in 1598 while searching for the mythical Seven Cities of Gold…
    Population: 77,000 | Average Home Price: $145,000 | Precipitation: 9" | Snow: 6"

Oakland, CA
    Long Beach, CA
    Henderson, NV
    Honolulu, HI
    Little Rock, AK
    Albuquerque, NM
    Los Angeles, CA
    Charlotte, NC
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Norfolk, VA
    Yuma, AZ
    El Paso, TX
    Baton Rouge, LA
    San Jose, CA
    Augusta, GA
    Portland, OR

• World Traveler

Little Rock, Arkansas Where America Comes Together
    All Maybelline products distributed in the U.S. are made in this fashion-conscious spot…
    Population: 595,600 | Average Home Price: $177,000 | Precipitation: 48" | Snow: 5"

Orlando, Florida
    Florida’s Entertainment Capital
    In this entertainment mecca, you can wrestle alligators at Gatorland or have lunch with Mickey Mouse…
    Population: 1,645,000 | Average Home Price: $265,000 | Precipitation: 50" | Snow: 0"

Little Rock? I don't think so ... but Orlando ... Oh Yeah!!!

• Minion

Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Oakland, California
    San Diego, California
    Orange County, California
    Portland, Oregon
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Tucson, Arizona
    Long Beach, California
    Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana
    San Jose, California
    San Francisco, California
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Reno, Nevada
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Henderson, Nevada
    Los Angeles, California
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Alexandria, Louisiana

I lived in Phoenix for 15 years, and yeah i'd like to live there again. I'd take any of those locations except for Louisiana, Oklahoma or Arkansas.

• For old time sake

Norfolk, VA was the #1 spot I like nc. Summer yous hould look into the Greensobro area!!! it's awesome here.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Comin' at ya!

Mine told me I should move to hell...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Just by the threads title I thought this was about another spot. Gee!
    I thought the same thing. I think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast