Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Micechat Photogs - what camera do you use?

There are some fantastic photographers on this forum, some that seem professionals, some that do it just for fun. For all those types that post here, I'm curious, what type of camera do you use? Do you prefer digital or film?

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• no flash photography...

Re: Micechat Photogs - what camera do you use?

I don't post a lot of my pictures here, but I prefer digital and I use a canon xt. Although good pictures can be taken with just about any camera.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I don't feel worthy to post my answer here with the likes of Frogberto, Master Gracey, Hollywood 1939 and others but I have posted my pictures and had nice comments. I do not have a fancy camera like the others but my trusty little four year old Sony Cyber-shot 3.2. I would not go back to film. Digital is great.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I've only recently gotten into photography so I would venture to say I'm still in the newbie category. I have Micechat to thank for my new hobby. I went back and forth between Canon and Nikon and finally bought a Nikon D70s after waffling for a few months. There are still several quirky things that I'm trying to figure out with digital photography involving sharpness, white balance, and the like, but I'm learning as I go.

I just bought a Nikon 18-200 VR lens yesterday, so I'm hoping for some better shots in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl
    I don't feel worthy to post my answer here with the likes of Frogberto, Master Gracey, Hollywood 1939 and others but I have posted my pictures and had nice comments. I do not have a fancy camera like the others but my trusty little four year old Sony Cyber-shot 3.2. I would not go back to film. Digital is great.
    Hey....I'll echo what SCUBAbe wrote above. You could take some great shots with that Cybershot, and who's to say that we wouldn't want to see them? I used to feel the same way, even starting the "Not ready for prime time trip report thread" last Fall. I'm no Froggy, Jack, Daddyb or Darkbeer, but I LOVE taking photographs and the DLR is my favorite place to practice. I'll be looking for your next trip report, Wendygirl!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

[quote=localdisnyfan;1688981]I've only recently gotten into photography so I would venture to say I'm still in the newbie category. I have Micechat to thank for my new hobby.

Exactly the same here. I started about 18 months ago. The camera I now use is a Pentax Optio 50L, 5 megapixels. I use Google's free program, Picasa, for my editing and such. And photobucket for picture "hosting" so I can post them here.

--Barry

• Santa Barbara, CA

Nikon D70 and Sony t1
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Minion

I'm also a newbie, and can only hope to get 1/10 as good as the Micechat experts.

But I love my Canon Powershot A710 IS
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I gave up on being a "real" photographer long ago. I take snap shots, and my first digital camera was a Nikon 775. I now have a Nikon L5. Before that... a 20+ year old Nikon SLR film camera that only recently lost its ability to flash.

(Um... that sounds a bit.. naughty...)

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Canon PowerShot A530

but once I get money.. I'm upgrading to a better camera so i can take more photos at night and such.

in the mean time... im doing my best with what i got.

• This space for rent

I still use my 1st cam once in a while a Nikon Coolpix 995. My new cam is a Panasonic LZ-7. I definately don't consider myself a photographer, but more of a pic taker.

• Huh?

I use Canon 400D, Canon EOS IX, Canon Rebel T2, Sputnik, Pearlette, Kodak Brownies of several varieties, Kodak Junior Six-20,Stereo Realist, View-Master Personal, pinhole stereo/panoramic, Holga, Holga Micro 110, ActionSampler, etc. etc. etc.

So, the question is, what don't I use?
    -Tim

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by wbarley View Post
    There are some fantastic photographers on this forum, some that seem professionals, some that do it just for fun. For all those types that post here, I'm curious, what type of camera do you use? Do you prefer digital or film?

I am not as advanced a photographer as several on the fourm, but I do have fun! I use a Fujifilm S602 and a Canon SD610. I believe both are good cameras, and on the low end of the price scale. I do not believe one needs an expensive camera to have fun. Most modern cameras have lots of featueres and one can take very good photos and have fun.

I like Fujifilm for a mid size camera, lots of features and works well.

I like Canon for a small pocket sized camera.

That said, it is hard ot go wrong with almost any camera no the market, Sony makes good ones, Panasonic makes good ones, Nikon makes good ones, Casio, Kodak and Olympus also make good cameras. Just decide on features and see which one will give you the most bang for your buck.

In the digital vs. film debate. For most folks I believe digital is great, no waiting to see results. I have not used film since 2002. I do think that a camera in the 6 mega-pixel scale is a good idea.

I suggest anyone looking for a new camera browse:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

and

http://dpreview.com/

For camera reviews. Both sites also have forums and lots of knowledgable people there. I read them thorughly when looking for a new camera.

IHTH

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Huh?

Oh, forgot to answer which I prefer.

I prefer film. It's a lot more flexible (plus, I think you can learn a lot more from film).
    -Tim

• Former Loiterer

I just bought a Nikon D40x with 18-55 and 55-200 lenses about a month ago and took it to the park for it's inaugural DLR run last week. Since it's my first SLR and I'm not really familiar with it yet, only a few of the shots came out. Hopefully I'll get some shots worth posting here in a couple of weeks. The purchase was inspired by the beautiful shots I've been seeing on here, particularly those by Frogberto and Darkbeer.
    All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
    And kindergarten.

•   

Film - Nikon F5 (It now just sits in the box)

Digital - Nikon D200

Video - Sony VX2100 DV and a new Sony HDR-HC3. The HDR-HC3 is a small high def camera. The quality of video shot in daylight is beyond belief. Especially when you consider the price of the camera.

I will not go back to film - ever. Digital is so much easier, and with various editing programs you can do just about anything.

I enjoy seeing everyone's pics, regardless of whether the photographer thinks they are good or not. So keep posting!
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 04-30-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast