Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Hiding in the shadows

Eating in the Car

On my way to work today I catch something out of my eye from the car next to mee that is shiny, I look over and they guy in the car next to me is eating a BOWL OF CEREAL with a SPOON, on his morning drive to where ever it was he was going. Yes, bowl in one hand, spoon in the other, apparantly steering with his knees? I am all for multitasking, and there are foods that you can probably eat quite safely while driving, but a bowl of cereal...I have seen worse, but I was pretty surprised.

At least he wasnt watching a DVD on his navigation system.

A little piece of heaven

• For You!

Re: Eating in the Car

I pulled up next to a lady that was eating a hamburger - and had her own bottle of ketchup (a giant squeeze bottle), just pouring it on. I guess there just isn't enough in those little packets!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Sometimes ya just gotta have Crispix NOW!!!!!

I can't even eat a burger in the car, seriously. I don't like to, and when I do I'm never driving. The most I'll eat while driving are maybe a few fries from the bag as I am coming home from a drive-thru, or a TicTac. But cereal? Come on people.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

This morning I was driving behind a guy who was eating yogurt. And I swear, every few yards he'd put on his brakes for no reason. Excellent driving!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I eat ALOT in the car. But, the most complicated thing I have ever eaten while driving was fried shrimp from Popeye's.....and I did that mostly at stop signs. Sorry, I was REALLY hungry. I usually limit it to donuts, candy bars...etc.

• Minion

I drive a stick, so that pretty much eliminates eating in the car for me. With the exception of a quick french fry or something.

• is on the rocks

^ same here

My ex-roommate, on the other hand, scares me - in addition to eating/drinking in the car, she'll crochet and look at her Thomas Guide - while driving to work. Her "justification" is that she's going slow and "wasting time" anyway, so why not multi-task?

I remember one time I was caravaning - me in my car, she was in a van w/ some others - and she wanted me to use a walkie-talkie in case we got lost. I told her - are you kidding me? I'm surprised she hasn't caused any accidents.
    She did it!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm SO guilty on this one. I'll eat burgers (plain ones, not some ginormous slab of meat and bread with everything on it) or fried or chicken nugget type things while I drive. Nothing that requires more than one hand. And not unless someone's in the passenger seat to take my trash and hand me napkins.

What can I say? I'm always on the go.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

People say that driving while on the phone is so dangerous - and it is, but they seem to forget that people have been eating and driving for years and it is equally as dangerous I think. That doesn't mean I haven't done it - I actually at a Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carls Jr. yesterday while en route to Fountain Valley and then Laguna Beach. But there wasn't a lot of traffic when I did it.

• Minion

I'm glad that the police are going to start cracking down on this type of behavior.

• Man O Lantern

I don't allow eating in my car. No one, no how. My rules. Eat before you get in, or eat when you get out.

I'm allowed to drink my lattes of course.

We saw a guy shaving with a cordless shaver one day. That kind of blew me away. He caught my daughter and me staring at him with our jaws dropped. It was in the evening, too.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I'm glad that the police are going to start cracking down on this type of behavior.
    Meh. I'm sure the police have better things to do than watch for people eating and driving. Ditto cell phones. I have a feeling not much will come of that.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    We saw a guy shaving with a cordless shaver one day. That kind of blew me away. He caught my daughter and me staring at him with our jaws dropped. It was in the evening, too.
    I so wanted to take out my phone and take a pic of the guy with his cereal, but I figured it probably wasnt safe lol.

I am definitely guilty of eating in the car myself, fries, chicken nuggets etc but nothing that requires me to look in the bag and definitely only requires one hand.

I see people on the freeway shaving or girls putting on makeup (eyeliner with the visor down mirror open, but thats usually in gridlock.

A little piece of heaven

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Nathan shaves on the way to work all the time. While stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

I eat in my car on a daily basis. I am always on the go. Sometimes the only time I have for lunch is between work and picking the kids up from school. I will eat a burger with one hand and drive with the other.

I can also hand things to the kids in the backseat as well as eject a dvd from the between the seats player without looking. It is all about the multitasking.

BTW: I have been in 3 accidents in my life. 1st was 4 hours after I got my license, 2nd was another person's fault, 3rd was me not being able to stop in time when someone stopped sunddenly just after going through an intersection. I am a very good driver.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    girls putting on makeup (eyeliner with the visor down mirror open,
    I used to do this until I heard on the news about this traffic accident where this chick was putting on makeup and crashed the hell out of her car. They found her with one eye all made up. For some reason this skeeved me out so bad, I now do my makeup at home or once I get to work if I'm running late.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast