Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Going To The Hoop - The Official NBA Thread 2006-2007

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    Rooting for the Lakers once again this year. That's about all you'll get from me for now. I typically ship the 1st 55-60 games of the year, season's just too long for me.
    I agree about the last part, especially since the 80-plus game season eliminates only about half the teams from the playoffs, and the playoffs go on for two months...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Looks like we have more hockey fans here than NBA fans. Somewhat surprising!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This was supposed to be the season that the Clippers really turned things around. That could still happen, but last night it looked like more of the "same old same old" so to speak, as the Lakers dusted em again 97-88...Lakers 11-5, Clippers 7-8. Kobe Bryant - still amazing at times.

--Barry

• Lucky, Rather Than Good

Not a lot of NBA fans here. Where does everyone think AI will go?
    " Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. " Oh no we might be in trouble

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Djmutto View Post
    Not a lot of NBA fans here. Where does everyone think AI will go?
    Welcome, Djmutto! It's kind of odd, isn't it, that after six days...no one has made a serious offer for Mr. Iverson.

Iverson's a great offensive threat, no doubt. But he doesn't play a lot of defense, and brings some baggage to say nothing of a huge price tag. Any team could use him if they could afford him. I'd like to see him wearing a Clipper uniform...maybe he could help turn things around. Maybe Minnesota with K-G. Should be interesting to see...

--Barry

Love him or hate you have to give AI credit for playing hard every night. On ESPN.com today Bill Simmons wrote a great article about him. If you are an AI or a basketball fan you should check it out.
    " Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. " Oh no we might be in trouble

• Hola!

Rooting for Lakers, Im from LA so they are my team. Clippers are pretty good but I have always been a fan of the Lakers. Kobe is a great player, but sometimes other things can get in the way of him playing well. But i hope he can pull it together and maybe get 82 points in one game. GO LAKERS!!!

• Tui's Brother

I hope AI will go to the T-Wolves, the Timberswolves have a lot of great young guys that they could trade to get AI.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Another great moment for sports and particularly the NBA...a ten player brawl in a game that Denver won over New York.

Carmelo Anthony deserves the suspension but having said that, Isiah Thomas is a jackass, and he deserved the comments that the Nuggets George Karl gave him afterward.

I thought that after the "malice at the Palace" a couple of years back in Auburn Hills, Michigan we'd never see this kind of thing again.

Too bad for the NBA. At least fans weren't involved this time except for those poor folks in the first row.

--Barry

• Hola!

Isiah pisses me off now. He could have prevented this whole fight. Luckily it wasnt another ron artest moment with players attacking spectators. But i thought it was funny when carmelo punched the guy, ran backwards, and like 3 people fell trying to catch him.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

The latest unfortunate events once again prove that Isiah Thomas, or "Zeke", just about ruins everything he touches.

From the Toronto Raptors, to the old defunct CBA, Indiana Pacers, and now the Knicks. (I'm pretty sure there are other things in between he messed up).

He's burned many bridges in the NBA, and went from one of the most liked sports figures in history, to one of the greatest punchlines in late night monolouges. His once prominance is now tarnished most likely forever. His face has become annoying, his demeanor is one of disgust and his stubborness can almost be unmatched.

He will NEVER be remembered for his days with Detroit anymore, but rather for the idiot that he is.

I'm goofygoof, and I approved this message.

BTW...21 of Arena's 60 points came from the free throw line. Wizards took 60 free throws, Lakers only took 30. Kobe only had 10 free throws.

Kobe is an MVP caliber player that gets treated like a rookie. Tony Parker, Nash, Duncan't, Wade (as we saw in the NBA Finals), even Raja Bell, all get much more respect than Kobe, and not any of them have accomplished as much has Kobe. This is a total disrespect to Kobe, the game of basketball. The officiating in the league has become a calamity, as it has been for some time.

The arguement of they weren't aggresive is invalid. When you start racking up a foul count from basically the tip-off of the game the officials dictate how your defense is going to be played. Your game plan goes out the window because they won't let you play defense. In turn, the team as to back off and not be as aggresive in playing the brand of defense this is allowed on the other side.

Sure they made some bonehead plays, but there was a consistancy on the style of basketball was allowed to be played on each end of the court. Dan Crawford is one of the most inconsistant officials i've seen. And that night he only looked half awake and it was noticed.

(btw, play of the game goes to the Staples Center crowd for booing Britney Spears )

Maybe if Kobe were more likable he would get more calls. I'm just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Djmutto View Post
    Maybe if Kobe were more likable he would get more calls. I'm just saying
    He's as likable as any other player actually. If people REALLY KNEW how Kobe is, rather than trusting the overblown crap some of the media and journalists throw out there. We all know how much exaggeration is put out, its just funny to watch/read/listen to what those jerks say. Jealousy is the greatest form of flattery.

Thank GOD there are some objective journalists out there that actually KNOW him and don't strech reality.

I've met him twice, and he was probably the nicest dude i've ever met!

Likable probably was not the right word to use to characterize Kobe. One word would not be able to sum him up there are so many different aspects to him. What I was trying to point out is that to me Kobe could carry himself in a better way. I know he is trying to win basketball games and he doesn't have a lot help around him, but he always looks mad. He has this sour face like he's better than everyone so why are we even bothering to play the games. All his smiles even look forced. Other superstars like Lebron, Wade, or Shaq look like they are having fun. Even AI looks like he enjoys playing basketball more than Kobe. Maybe if he adjusts his attitude a little more maybe the league will be quicker to protect him and get him more trips to the line.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast